ruby and emerald weapons

I agree with the topic starter, Emerald and Ruby Weapon are easily the two hardest Bosses in the game, thank SE that they are optional bosses. I beat Emerald, but I never did end up beating Ruby, that Red bastard.

I thought that Ruby was like 10 times harder than Emerald...
But then again, I spent like 5 years not knowing that the underwater materia even existed. :'(
In that case, Emerald was harder...

not really, ruby weapon is tons easier than Emerald imo, the time limit makes it hard, but not really actually lol
well you just need to think hard and fast, and smartly
they are quite challenging, which makes it fun ;)

ok well i still say that if you know how to fight them then you will never be destroyed

Ruby & Emerald can both be downed with
Knights of the Round paired with HP absorb
in roughly 15 mins. You don't need maxed out levels nor is that
Underwater Materia
required for this. They're hardly the toughest superbosses of the series in my book. If anyone's a contender to that title, Penance (FFX PAL/International), should be up there alongside other greats.

Last edited:
Ruby & Emerald can both be downed with
Knights of the Round paired with HP absorb
in roughly 15 mins. You don't need maxed out levels nor is that
Underwater Materia
required for this. They're hardly the toughest superbosses of the series in my book. If anyone's a contender to that title, Penance (FFX PAL/International), should be up there alongside other greats.
wrong you propley got lucky but did you not remember that the emerald has a one hit kill

wrong you propley got lucky but did you not remember that the emerald has a one hit kill
I suppose u're referring to that Aire Tam Storm technique that he does? Notice how Aire Tam is
Mat Eria spelt backwards
? Well, the damage he inflicts is based on
the amount of materia u've got equipped x 1111
. This means that any of ur toons who have more than 8 equipped would naturally result in instant death for them. I had far less than 8 during that time, so I was quite safe.

then how did it kill vincent when he had no materia on at all

Maybe the damage points was predetermined as
1111 or 9999 even without any materia
, but I've got to see it for myself.

What happened exactly?

i had nothing on vincent cause i know i didn't need power to win i had the underwater on tifa and on cloud i had the final attack phinex and both tifa and vincent when they got hit died by 9999 damage and cloud when he died revived everyone

Try it out with 2 materia equipped on every character, just heal all the way till he does that Aire Tam Storm attack. If one or more of your characters are at full health, they should theoretically get
Lucky Seven
. (This may take a lot of tries)

If his attacks are still 9999, then I have no idea what's wrong with your game.

Back