Help Ruby Weapon

Cosmo

Gil
Hey guys,

Ruby is kicking my ass, now I know I can beat Ruby by using KotR, or final Attack linked with phoenix but I don't want to do that.....

I want to drain Ruby's MP, now I know you can use Magic Hammer but it takes 27(!) castings to do so.

So my question is, can you drain all Ruby's MP with one casting of Barrets Lv1 Limit break, Mindblow, and if not, what are the limits of the move? i.e max Mp taken, max lv of foe it works against.......

ps could someone please try this for me? (I dont have the game)

Barret's limits wont do it. It's Gravity based and Ruby nulls gravity. Your friend in this fight is the paralyse status effect. That'll make the battle quite easy. Hunt down items called dazers, they'll allow you to pop the effect on him without wasting mp. Otherwise it's a simple matter of attacking him. Don't forget hero drinks. three or four should do it for each char along with any other buffs you want.

Hey dude, thanks for your post.

Just to be clear, have you actually tried using Mindblow versus Ruby Weapon?

How did you know it was gravity based? (I have read about Mindlblow before but have never heard that)

thanks again!

Something I learned a while back. You can find such info in any of TFergusson's mechanics guide if you want to double check that. Besides if a 1-2 limit could remove all mp that'd be extremely powerful that early in the game. Besides with the above strategy you don't really need to worry about Ruby's MP.

So you haven't actually tried it? Sorry to be pedantic but I just want to be sure.....

So, you think that Mindblow works like 100% Gravity but with MP, so any boss that nulls Gravity will null Mindblow, does that mean that any boss that doesn't null Gravity is susceptible to 100% MP mindblow damage?

I Know it takes away all of Rapps (That boss you fight in Wutia after Yuffie steals all your materia) MP in one go, and hes a fairly high leveled boss (level 39), not that far in levels away from Ruby (69).

Don't you think it would be sweet if it worked though? I mean a level 1 Limit Break that drains all the MP of one of the hardest (the hardest) bosses in the game. And who would think of switching Back down to a level 1 Limit Break to beat him?

I have a problem, even with the Dazer strategy (which is sweet) I have trouble doing enough damage to him, even with my Ultimate weapons and Max Strength levels he is just one tough cookie.......

No I have tried that limit on other bosses that null gravity. While Rapps may be close to ruby's level Ruby's stats out match his. And besides 30 levels is a big difference. It'd be neat but Barret's Ungermax would still be better with a few hero potions. For damage use coin. You can deal a steady 9999 with it. And yeah damage will be low on it with attack since Ruby has max defense (255). So look for other ways to damage it like coin. Also, don't kill the tentacles since ruby can't be hurt if they're not sticking out of the ground. Just stun them as well.

Last edited:
Also, hades or hades = elemental on your weapon will also inflict paralysis if you are running out of ethers. If damage is your problem, you could equip vincent with his ultimate weapon and then go and kill literally thousands of enemies to the extent that you can one hit kill ruby and emerald with it... but that takes a long time. I think it's 65536 kills with his ultimate weapon to get the overflow glitch, I believe hero drinks can be used to lower the number to half of that (32768). If I recall, you can also do the overflow glitch with Barrett by using hero drinks and equipping him with missing score. There's more to it than that if you want to do it with Barrett, I can not recall all of it, but good luck in killing ruby. :)

The overflow glitch for Barret is Mastered KotR on all slots of his ultimate weapon. Hero drinks wont overflow. Besides 99 Dazers will be more then enough for the battle and leaves you free to just Coin with all your chars. If you go with Vincent, it'd take you about a year to do overflow with him and at that point you can just two shot Ruby. Ruby's defense stops you from one shotting him. You can one shot emerald though.

Ah, thanks for clearing it up, I can't remember much of the game, I thought KotR had something to do with it.
I got insanely lucky against ruby (my luck was 255) in that I was able to go in with just cloud and w-summon KotR, then mimed it, and (so luckily) because luck was so high almost all of the ultima counters were misses, and with an HP absorb it meant I got my HP back from the KotR spells. :)

Eh, I did that same strategy with Emerald, it's a cheap way of doing it though.

Yeah, I usually do that if I don't want to use the final attack = phoenix method, but I'd still prefer not to, because it's not really that fun. Just a way if you can't manage any other I guess

Back