Selling Equipment

Every time we get into a new shop, I always sell the old equipment except accessories and ammo/arrows. Gil is such a necessity.

I kept all the weapons and equipment, even 1 unit of every kind of loot I won. I´m a collector...

I also have nightmares about selling everything then getting into a situation like Ipsens Castle on IX. I hate selling equipment now, well, weapons anyway. But as previously stated if I end up with too much stuff I just get to lazy and let it build up.... kinda like my washing really, the more I end up with the less I wanna do it :gasp:

I sell equipment if it isn't better than what my characters currently have. If it is, I switch it out and sell the worse equipment. I only keep accessories if I know I would use it in the near future, otherwise that goes as well.

I keep everything I get, and I also go on "loot expeditions". From Balfonheim to Bur-Omisace is a favorite way of mine.

I keep alot, but sell alot too, if that makes sense. The ones I keep are mainly magick raising, so I can boost my mages (at the cost of defense) in certain areas, then switch back to higher defense armours and higher attacking weapons.

It would be best to sell your equipment when you have more than one of that item/weapon and when you know you can get It again later go ahead and sell It.

Only huge Final Fantasy fans would never sell there stuff and would attend to keep It for the heck of It. :D

Well because I was poor and all until Feywood, I had to sell my equipments :3 after that I never cared if I sell them or not I had many expensive loots which helped me getting over 1 mil gil :/

I see no reason to keep them. You'll be able to get them from previously visited shops, after the events of The Pharos. The only exception to this, is the Genji equipment, which is stolen from Gilgamesh; rather late in the game considering its optional. The game contains very few missable items, so throughout the main storyline, I sold all unnecessary equipment and items to gain gil; which in turn renders 'farming' loot, quicker.

I like to have my inventory full of stuff even if i dont need most of it. Unless i get alot of a certain type of item that i max out frequently will i ever sell it so i can keep adding more of it to eventually sell again. Equipment i replace often early in the game and from my current game i still have alot of my old gear i got from the very begining. Sometimes though its a pain going through that huge list of stuff looking for a certain item ';..;'

I like to have my inventory full of stuff even if i dont need most of it. Unless i get alot of a certain type of item that i max out frequently will i ever sell it so i can keep adding more of it to eventually sell again. Equipment i replace often early in the game and from my current game i still have alot of my old gear i got from the very begining. Sometimes though its a pain going through that huge list of stuff looking for a certain item ';..;'

lol that can be annoying. I just sorted my equipment myself (at first I sorted by strength etc.) but ended up putting the most used ones at the top, in descending order. :)

I'm not selling any equipment I get in XII, because later in the game I want to be able to equip my characters with many different things, just because I want to be able to do that. I suppose it doesn't have another purpose, but I do it anyway. :P And it isn't necessary to sell equipment because if I get valuable loot I can sell that.

Does anyone else do this?

Yep me too. I just cant part with any of the epuipment.

Back