Sephiroth's Age?

From what I've heard, the dude is around his late tweenties early thirties. I suppose you could tell that by his appearence, so it won't come as much of a shock.

As for the hair thingie. Silver, though mind you, when I was a little 'un and first saw him, I thought it was grey...and that Sephiroth was an old lady.

I never really ever thought about his age

he was the kind of character who always seemed to defy the labeling of age to me but the range you guys are giving sounds right

I'm just going off what it says in the strategy guide for Crisis Core

But what bugs me, is when you are at the Gold Saucer Dio mentions seeing 'a guy about your age wearing a black cape'

Was Cloud 21 in VII? Im pretty sure he was, now, call me stupid but until I played Crisis Core I did actually assume that maybe Sephiroth was actually in his early to mid 20's because of that comment. Maybe I took it too literally I dunno....

How long was it said Vincent was asleep for, was that ever mentioned? Because Im guessing that was about the time Lucrecia got pregnant, seeing as he didn't agree with the experiments and that?

I can't decide whether it's accurate or completely fooked up :wacky:

As for the hair thingie. Silver, though mind you, when I was a little 'un and first saw him, I thought it was grey...and that Sephiroth was an old lady.

That cracked me right up xD

Well hair color does not alway symbolize age.

In Japanese culture, white hair is a symbol of extreme power or one with God like powers. That why in some animes, you'll see a villian that has white hair, but he is not necessarily old.

Since Sephiroth is only about in his thirties as people have been saying, then this is probably what the creators of VII were going for.

How long was it said Vincent was asleep for, was that ever mentioned? Because Im guessing that was about the time Lucrecia got pregnant, seeing as he didn't agree with the experiments and that?

I can't decide whether it's accurate or completely fooked up :wacky:

That cracked me right up xD

Vincent slept for 30 years.

Dirge of Cerberus spoiler here:
After Hojo has shot Vincent, and Lecrucia is experimenting on him, Vincent is in a water tank type thing, and you see Lucrecia shouting at Hojo saying "give my son back" etc. Then ofcourse, Lucrecia dies, and Vincent goes to sleep in the coffin in the Shinra mansion.

But in the Final Fantasy VII Guide or whatever, it's said that Vincent is 37 or something like that, so that means he was 7 years old? o_O
DoC is such a sequel it will have something wrong, so you shouldn't even consider it.

But in the Final Fantasy VII Guide or whatever, it's said that Vincent is 37 or something like that, so that means he was 7 years old? o_O
DoC is such a sequel it will have something wrong, so you shouldn't even consider it.

Vincent didn't age during his sleep. So where as he might've been alive for 67 years, he is still infact only 37.

Maybe the sleep preserved his body, or maybe it's down to Chaos, who knows?

Well hair color does not alway symbolize age.

In Japanese culture, white hair is a symbol of extreme power or one with God like powers. That why in some animes, you'll see a villian that has white hair, but he is not necessarily old.

Since Sephiroth is only about in his thirties as people have been saying, then this is probably what the creators of VII were going for.

That is true. Having sliver hair isn't really too much to do with age in Japanese culture.

Also You can get sliver hair whilst quite young. When I turned 21 my hair went sliver. I'm now 34. I do dye it white blond so I don't look old.

I personally think that Sephiroth is in his early 30's based on the info that you guys have posted.

I started getting silver hair when I was 15, so I usually don't got by hair color to tell an age. But from what I have read here, and from playing the games, 30 seems about right. Not much I can add that hasn't been said except for the cloning thing with the short lifespan. I don't think Sephiroth fits in that category since in CC other clones degenerated, but he was perfect.

Sephiroth was given silver hair to contrast the design of Cloud’s original black do’. However, the graphical limitations paired with the dark, hand painted backgrounds made it extremely difficult for the player to visually track the avatar. As a result, Cloud’s hair was changed to that obnoxious, chocobo blonde.

Age maye be one factor but what is spehiroths last name aswell? i always wanted to know this myself.. so anyone know his last name is it resonable to say It's his mothers last name?

My best estimate is early 30's or late 20's

This why: Vincent was shot when he was 27 - 30 years ago. Then take in about 9 months gestation period. - Sources: FF7, DC

Sephiroth looks like he is in the 20s. Silver hair isa cool.

Age maye be one factor but what is Sephiroth's last name aswell? i always wanted to know this myself.. so anyone know his last name is it resonable to say It's his mothers last name?

Well, it could be 'Crescent' for giving birth to him, or 'Hojo' for his participation to make Sephiroth to a famed Soldier, or 'Jenova' for the genetic traits he inherited.

Or... it could be kinda like Cher where the whole Last Name thing doesn't mean a thing.

Take your pick.

Yeah i gotta say 30 at least

Mod Edit

Put more effort in your post please

Last edited by a moderator:
Some very good posts in this thread! I agree, I think he must be around 29 or 30, with Vincent being a few years older, maybe mid-thirties....but add 30 onto that because of his loooong sleep...

Sephiroth was 30 in the FFVII timeline...Vincent would be far older than him (note: Nanaki is 46-47 and Vincent was born before Nanaki/Red XIII), but because he was asleep for about 23 years and didn't seem to age, he is considered to be 27 because he stops aging at that point in time and gets locked in the Shinra Mansion basement. (Though he'd really be about 49-50) (even though this post is rather old...I felt a need to give an exact answer...)

Last edited:
well according to ff references he's 27 when Cloud and the others found him but since he was in that coffin for 30 years so originally he's 57 but becuz of the hojo experimenting on him so that his body doesn't age so Sephiroth's age is more or less almost the same as Vincent but in terms of how long he's lived Vincent is way older than him.

so since when Vincent started his sleep 30 years ago the day sephiroth was born plus 5 years because of the timlene as of Crisis Core so estimatedly i guess 35 or sumting

Last edited:
Back