Silent Hill

Blue Link

Red Mage
Veteran
Gil
silent hill movie

a few hours ago I bought the movie. before I say what I thought about it, just know that i've only played the 3rd game and Origins. i don't know much of the history. can someone fill me in?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Silent_hill_film

Im not going into great lenghts, so use this link. Elements from 1-3 are used in this game, like characters, monsters and music. But Origins was released after the film and so far from playing it, it kinda places you in the first SH crossed with the film. I havent played alot of Origins, so Im guessing that part.

SH was a good movie. But it fell away from the main story line repeatedly.

OMG. Thats all I have to say.

I love Silent Hill so fuckin much. I listen to the musique every day and I watched the movie 20+ times. I'm about to finish SH3. I LOVE IT.
I'm obsessed wiht the darkness. Anyone else have such a passion for this movie/game/w/e as I do?

I absolutely fell in love with the series after I played SH3. So far thats my favorite. I played Origins and enjoyed that too, even on the PSP its disturbing. The music is absolutely incredible. The in-game sounds (clanking metal, etc.) makes you very jumpy. And the songs (I Want Love, etc.) are addictive and alive!

I enjoyed the movie very much! It looked so much like the game. In fact, its the only game-to-movie film that I've seen where I didnt bitch about something they did wrong. It gets a B+ at best

Aye aye...Silent Hill for the win!
Best horror game series out there IMO. So far my favourite is Silent Hill 2. SH3 was cool but still....it wasn't as scary as SH2. SH4 was nice....but that's all...nice....yet it was very disturbing.:neomon::neomon:

It has one of the best soundtracks I've heard....I love "Room of Angel" or whatever it is called.
The movie was OK...but not that great. Still a gewd horror film.....pretty bloody.:wacky:

-Threads Merged-

I saw the film last year, I believe. It was okay...not very memorable, except that freaky sound (sure sounds like a tornado warning). The ending confused me for a minute, but after backtracking, I eventually understood. It's nothing special, in my opinion...

I enjoyed Silent Hill. It was freaky as hell, but I guess that was to be expected.

That giant monster dude who tears that lady's skin clear off is badass.

Ack. I had to turn away from that scene. It was a bit disturbing. I've never played the game, so naturally the movie confused me a bit as I didn't have a clue what it was all about. At least with Resident Evil, I knew the main characters were dealing with zombies.

I enjoyed Silent Hill. It was freaky as hell, but I guess that was to be expected.

they call him 'Red Pyramid' or 'Pyramid Head'. yeah, he's definitely cool. I thought that the Buster Sword was big! His was frikkin' huge! but the guy who was in that suit, his butt cheeks were showing but they editted that in the movie. of course, it'd be hard to watch cuz you'd probably be giggling the whole time...

The film did a fine job to copy the atmosphere present in most Silent Hill games. Even though it did not follow a storyline of any of the games, it did included elements from various installments of the series, mainly Silent Hill 1, 2 and 3 (it would have been fun to see elements from the fourth, oh well...)

I loved the movie, seeing that it is rarely to see game-based movies to be quite successful.

I thought that the movie was alright, but the games are waaayyyyy better. I haven't played any all the way through except for origins, but thats because I have a 360. I know I'm gonna pre-order 5 when thats available =D

Well, if you play Silent Hill 1, you'll hate the Piano puzzle in the school. It is annoying. The movie was cool, but the games, specially if kept under suspense, can make you feel weird, like having a strange sense of being watched...or was I just a bit paranoid?

No paranoia at all JA. I felt the same way. I hate how the music just stops and when it starts again, some scary clanking sound makes you jump. The only RE game that did that to me was RE3, so that goes to show you that SH wins in that "unnerving" effect.

I know, hence why I doubt it to play Silent Hill if I was the only one in the house and if all lights were off. I just had this strange feeling with gave me an urge to look behind me once in a while.

>__>
<__<

This obviously makes Silent Hill games one of the great ones when it comes to survival horror. Even though the movie was not that scary, it was bloody and cool, specially the ending when....well, for those who don't know, get the movie :wacky:

I love Silent Hill. One of the best game series ever!

The movie was good, but it was great IMO. I loved the visuals though. The atmosphere was beautiful.

I love silent, though I haven't played origins yet. I thought the movie was pretty good, even though it didn't follow any storyline very much at all. The monster designs were amazing. Fun fact: the guy who played ph-chan had to wear 9-inch platform shoes.

^_^ his bum wuz showing too, but they edited that out in the movie.

my favorite monster in the series is that monster you first meet in the mall on SH3. It looks like it's wearing leg-long boots :wacky:. them, and the dark nurses.

The nurses piss me off. just like every other monster in the game. I wonder why I like to play games that piss me off? Maybe it just makes me feel better when I beat their asses with a big metal pipe.

I love the nurses in the first Silent Hill game. I remember they used to scare the shit out of me, cause of those weird growth things on their backs and the noises they used to make - so creepy!

Back