So I beat the game but...

Yeah that's the one xD

The one Im on about is after Tifa helps Cloud discover who he is when they are both in the lifestream, once you get Cloud back in your party, you get the one IM on about in the Shinra manor xD

wE Iz on teh same page nowz. :wacky:

I'll have to go check the mansion now, kind of stopped playing the game after getting annoyed at my chocobo's failure to reach S class. <_<

I never understood how Cloud grabbed Sephiroth's sword (after being impaled) and threw it and him into the lifestream. Or how Tifa and Zack survived his attack, considering how many points of damage he could do to someone just by gently poking them :p

Erm...Phoenix downs, maybe? :)

To be completely honest, I hardly understand most of the tid-bits of the storyline anymore. I mean, I know the basics, ect ect...but I try not to think too much about these things :gonk: I feel smarterer that way.

I just beat FFVII today. WOOOT!! That's my 3rd fantasy beaten! :highfive:

However, I feel like there's something missing. Yeah, I beat the game, but wasn't there supposed to be some sort of cutscene explaining why Cloud was part of the Jenova experiment, or how Zack died, or some sort of back story for Vincent, or where Jenova came from and why she came here, or some kind of cutscene with Prof Gast? All that stuffs missing, I know it's in the game, but where? Did I some how miss it?
Kirby, I don't know if others have answered you on this already, as I haven't read the thread, but just about everything you asked is answered within the actual FF7 game, other than maybe why Jenova came to earth.

SPOILeRS

Zach's death is shown in a cutscene that's inside the Shinra Mansion on the 2nd or 3rd disc.
It shows how he and Cloud escaped Hojo's "clone" experiment, and trucked towards Midgar, until they were hunted down by Shinra infaltry members. Zach was shot down. Cloud, who was in a vegetative state at the time, lived. Upon seeing his friend die, he woke up from the drowsy state the experiment left him in. He acquired Zach's Buster Blade from him, and dragged himself towards Midgar. During this time, he created the memories that he carried around until disc 1 and 2.

Vincent's story is spread out over the course of things. Even so, keep in mind that he IS an optional character, so it doesn't matter if there's no full backstory given to him.
From Hojo's note, we learn that Vincent, a Turk at that time, got in his way. So he experimented on him and locked him in the basement of the Shinra mansion. Vincent himself reveals that he knew Sephiroth's real mother. Through encounters with Lucrecia (the woman whom he referred to), we learn about their past love affair, and how this tied in to Hojo and everything.

Regarding Cloud and the reunion: Hojo states
"Jenova Cells and Mako, with my knowledge and skills, have been combined with science and nature to bring him to life". Of course, he doesn't actually mean that he "created" Cloud, merely that he experimented to make him a clone like the others. He goes on to say, "the Jenova Reunion Theory has now been proven. You see, even if Jenova's body is dismembered, it will eventually become one again. That's what is meant by Jenova's reunion."

So you see, putting two and two together, if Cloud were exposed to mako and injected with Jenova cels, and Jenova's dismembered body tends to rebuild itself, then the cells inside of Cloud would migrate towards Jenova as well.

Of course, Cloud and the gang had their own reasons for pursuing Sephiroth, and that was the primary reason why they showed up there. But the cells inside Cloud are what made him part of the reunion.

What set Cloud apart from the actual "clones", and the reason why he was considered a "failure", was that he retained himself and remained a human being. His memories were just messed up, he was exposed to mako, and he had the Jenova cells in him. Whereas the rest all lost their complete state of mind and became like drones.

Also, his injection with Jenova Cells is reconfirmed when you visit the tanks in the shinra basement as well.

Last edited:
Yup, it was Hojo's ego that started this whole mess, perhaps adopted from Gast in his younger years, before he settled down w/ Ifalna. In fact, Hojo had killed Gast for betraying "science" for an Ancient, so Hojo had a grudge against Gast and Aeris. Hojo's lust for science called for the ambition needed to formulate SOLDIER (and to a lesser extent, the Deepground) so, Cloud was overwhelmed with the results, and Zack's death made it harder for Hojo to control him, so he also held a grudge against Cloud, just because Hojo couldn't "use" him like he could "use" Sephiroth.

Sorry to say, but in my opinion, Gast is directly to blame for Hojo's arrogance, Sephiroth's ambition of becoming "God", Cloud's sense of desperation, Vincent's twisted perspectives, etc. Poor guy even was responsible for the deaths of his wife and child...

In short, Gast's previous narrow-minded goals of being a scientist caused the greatest disaster to threaten FF7's realm.

In fact, I recently (like, a few days ago), played through the Lucrecia "cave" part of my FFVII replay. Upon taking Vincent with you, his story is entirely ran through. It's essentially the same thing that Dirge tell us through backstories, only less detailed(naturally).

They show Vincent meeting Lucrecia in nibelheim at the manor.
They show the two and their growing affection for one another. They show her involvement with Hojo. At one point, they show her chosing Hojo over Vincent - to which Vincent expresses his opinion on. They go over the scene in which Vincent is refusing to allow Hojo's experimentation on Lucrecia. They show Hojo shooting Vincent and using him for experimentation. Lucrecia explains about the Jenova cells injected into her, while Vincent, in turn, explains the birth given to Sephiroth with those cells. Lucrecia explains that she can't die because of the Jenova Cells, and how she's began hiding.
Etc... Etc... I was even surprised myself, because I thought it'd be a lot more vague, but his ENTIRE story was recalled.

Hello

Yeah! I beat the game but it just shifts to the ending movie and credits.I did not get the individual character endings. Help!:eek:uttahere:

You don't get Character Endings per se, but throughout the game at points you can discover things about certain characters. For example, after discovering that Cloud's memories were fake, you can go to Nibelheim and in the place with the test tubes, Cloud will have a flashback and you discover how Zack died.

Also, after acquiring the submarine, with Vincent in your party you can search the world map for a waterfall that is you land near has a pathway inside, not sure where the waterfall is but I think it may be around the Coral area mayhaps? You get a small scene with Vincent and Lucrecia, afterwards you have to go outside, defeat a certain amount of enemies, progress the story slightly etc. you can go back in and have yet another scene in which you gain Vincents Ultimate Weapons and Limit Break.

A third and final optional character backstory thing would be Yuffie's Wutai Adventure (Or whatever it's called) where you discover her roots and slap the ho for stealing your shit.

The rest of them you pretty much HAVE to face. Cid and his Rocket, Red XIII and Cosmo Canyon, Barret and Coral, and Tifa's life entangled with Clouds.

Hope that answered your question Sarah.

Back