FFX-2 [SPOILERS] Should Tidus have returned?

Should Tidus have returned?

• Yes

Votes: 18 56.3%
  • No

Votes: 11 34.4%
  • Don't care

Votes: 3 9.4%

• Total voters
I went on don't care-first person to do so :griin:

I mean during the game I couldn't give a fuck about the two.............like I did in X.......

I mean I do love the love stories.........But this,and even though SE tried to make this one.........is shit.Especially after 50% of this game is sidequests........but that would be neccasary if you want the "real perfect" ending. :hmmm:

Yuna being a gurly girl ruined her image from that courageous and brave women in X..........and being an all-girl cast made things even worse........in terms of storyline..........and I didn't give a fuck about killing vegnegun either.........

FFX is my favourite game(s) (stuck between VI and X too hard to choose one......:wacky:)

And the love between Tidus and Yuna made the story shine especially the ending.............but this game just ruined everything of FFX...........

Seriously I almost don't even consider this as a sequel to the game...........
and I think it's better that way..........

I have a thing for drama. I'd end it where Tidus didn't come back but he was with her all along in her heart and always will be.
I actually think one of the endings is like that
Probably would have had something deep like

It's not good to dwell on dreams

That said I had nothing against the 100% perfect ending. It's just not the way I would have gone.

A lot of people say that having Tidus come back made the ending to X seem "less deep" or something along those lines, but I think it makes sense he came back. At one point in X, the fayth said to Tidus "We've been dreaming so long. You're more than a dream now. Just a little longer, and maybe..." but he trails off. Tidus even brings it up later and asks the fayth about it, but he doesn't answer. And of course there's the scene after the credits where the pyreflies are flying around and Tidus swims up to the shore. So I think even in the original, there were a lot of hints that maybe Tidus could come back.

I liked the ending of X-2, but I wish we had gotten to see more of Tidus and Yuna together. All that work for a 100%, feels like you should get more out of it.

A lot of people say that having Tidus come back made the ending to X seem "less deep" or something along those lines, but I think it makes sense he came back. At one point in X, the fayth said to Tidus "We've been dreaming so long. You're more than a dream now. Just a little longer, and maybe..." but he trails off. Tidus even brings it up later and asks the fayth about it, but he doesn't answer. And of course there's the scene after the credits where the pyreflies are flying around and Tidus swims up to the shore. So I think even in the original, there were a lot of hints that maybe Tidus could come back.

I liked the ending of X-2, but I wish we had gotten to see more of Tidus and Yuna together. All that work for a 100%, feels like you should get more out of it.

Yeah that Qoute speaks volumes really, i actually thought the ending which Yuna is in the farplane and she see's tidus ( Sad Ending ) is more realistic then the ending in which tidus comes back though, When Yuna see Tidus on the beach in besaid Yuna doesn't even look suprised surely you would be like " What the fuck! "

read my sig for why i say this. if yuna were to move on she might not love any one the same way agian yu yevon gave him life he also took it away and that is a reson yuna shoud not go on and leave him

That said I had nothing against the 100% perfect ending. It's just not the way I would have gone.

Yeah but it just completely ruins the ending of FFX..........The world of FFX is ruined because of that and also by saying Vegnegun is stronger than Sin.

I don't really inderstand why they did this........I think FFX would have been better off just leaving FFX as FFX with no -2. Im not saying Yuna should just have to deal being without Tidus I'm just saying they never bought Aerith back to be with Cloud in FFVII...........

Yeah but it just completely ruins the ending of FFX..........The world of FFX is ruined because of that and also by saying Vegnegun is stronger than Sin.

I don't really inderstand why they did this........I think FFX would have been better off just leaving FFX as FFX with no -2. Im not saying Yuna should just have to deal being without Tidus I'm just saying they never bought Aerith back to be with Cloud in FFVII...........

I guess Aerith wasn't blond or tan enough to be brought back to life...

Though to be fair I do seem to recall that somewhere around the ending of FFX we see
Tidus under the water and swimming to the surface much in the same way that he did during the perfect ending

I just can't remember when exactly, but I do remember it.

I guess Aerith wasn't blond or tan enough to be brought back to life...

Though to be fair I do seem to recall that somewhere around the ending of FFX we see
Tidus under the water and swimming to the surface much in the same way that he did during the perfect ending

I just can't remember when exactly, but I do remember it.

yeah it was at the end...........but same could be said for FFVII at the end we see Aerith's face flash before are screens.........it's no different I'm sure when Square decided to put Tidus swimming to the surface at the end, it wasn't for the sequel.

I think it's good that Tidus returned for the simple reason that Yuna got what she was looking for, although there should have been more of a story behind it, not just memories and sphere recordings ect.

Oh, and i just wanna say, that Yuna's new makeover scared the hell out of me. She acts like a prep in x2...

I like that he had returned... I just would've liked it to happen in a different way. But that's just because I think X-2 sucked all together so...

I think Tidus returning really ruined the feel of FFX for me! Once dead you stay dead, you dont magically appear again! I loved the sad love story between Yuna and Tidus.

it reminds me of Shadow in sonic...dying then just repeatedly coming back!

stay dead plz, we love you but stay dead!

I think he should have just stayed dead. There wasn't any real reason to bring him back anyway. It didn't contribute anything to the story, and it was at the very end of the game. The only reason Tidus was brought back was for fanservice and nothing more. To me, the ending of FFX was good enough as it was. There wasn't really any need for FFX-2 at all, in my book.

Back