Playstation Star Ocean

SECOND STORY = LOVE. <33333

It's one of my favorite games ever, right behind Okami. It was so much fun to play, it's only the second game where I actually bothered to max out my characters' levels (the other was FFVIII). People hate the voice acting, but the game just wouldn't be the same without Precis yelling "Bang-Bang Attack~!" and Opera's "I will turn you into a beehive!!" (I still don't know what she's actually saying there. XDDDD)

I'm totally psyched for Second Evolution too. ^___^

This is one of my all-time favorite RPG series. I absolutely love the game play of them (at least 2 and 3, currently waiting for First Departure on the PSP). I actually have Star Ocean: Blue Sphere on my computer but haven't gotten around to playing it, since I don't have winRAR on this computer and can't open it.

Eagerly awaiting SO4.

Star Ocean is great rpg made by none other than square-enix. I love this series(in my opinion its better than FF) and just wanted to know who else plays and why theres no place for it on the forum. BTW: there are new scans for SO 4 on rpgamer if anyones interested.
I know this is a really old post, but I thought I'd point out that Star Ocean's made by tri-Ace, not SE. SE just publishes it (same goes for Valkyrie Profile, Infinite Undiscovery, and a couple other games).

I played First departure, and Second evolution ! This game is really, really good... I wasn't expecting it will be soo good game ;p If you have PSP you have to buy it ;pp

I was impressed by SO4s battle system. The combat is much more dynamic and has some good fluidity to it. Its length is good and in my oppinion the story is ok (characters are hit or miss). But some of the cut scenes and plot devices are just pure wrong. If you have played the game i think you know what im talking about. But the gameplay definately makes it worth a look

I played Till the end of time and First Departure. In my opinion, the earlier games are better than the later ones. The graphics may be way worse, but the story and settings of the earlier ones make them more fun to play.

When u finish star ocean 4,you kinda feel like that you wish there was more storyline,its cuz of the characters that make the game intresting.It would have been better if it took place after the last one cuz when you play the original games you have in your head that the characters in so 4 are dead.

Back