Strategy Guide

ihatemacs

Chocobo Breeder
Gil
Is anyone else noticing that the regular (not collector's edition) Bradyguide is extremely cheaply made? I just got mine today and pages are already starting to come out of the binding!! I know it was only $20, but still... shouldn't that be worth something?:cry2:

Mine is coming apart also very easily. I thought I had just been too rough with it.

I've got Brady Games guide too but mine seems very quality to me,m been looking at it alot. It's fricking huge too.. like 390 pages or something.

My guide is falling apart left and right as well. I've played over 75 hours so you know I'm using it quite a bit.

Zeraph- "Its fricking huge too..like 390 pages or something."

Lol yeah if its the same one I have, its the biggest strat guide I own. I dont use it much really, just for beastiary, item guide, and the liscense board. I try not to look at the story part too much, it gives the story away in my opinion. Hasnt been falling apart on me yet.

I use it for those purposes mainly, but also for the maps ;)

BTW, mine came with a foldout poster of the world map and the entire license board in the back.

Yeah thats how mine is, I almost ripped the hell out of it trying to get it out of the book.

I have had bad experiences with that in the past, so I was extra careful this time.. got it out in about 2 seconds :P

Wow... well, in the end it is worth it. They only have the license board in one place in the guide and the font is size 3, lol.

Lol yeah when I first saw that I thought it was the only one, I panicked and got a magnifying glass lol

Whats really useful in there is the List of all the loot and bazaar items and what they really are.

ive already learned my bradygames lesson...

Caveat Emptor.
Let the buyer beware.

There are generally dozens of good people in this world who are willing to buy the guide, reword the information, and repost it somewhere on the internet.

Years ago i bought bradygames guide for Tekken 3. (i AM the greatest tekken tag/3/4 player in the world, fyi. shameless bragging!)
Like the FFXII manual, it cost twenty bucks. Unfortunately, i think it had about eighty pages AND lots of the combos and juggles that were printed in it either didn't exist or were impossible.
Fortunately, however, i moved shortly after and used torn out pages from the book to cushion my lamps and glassware.
As far as being used for packaging, it worked great.

My strategy guide is doing fine. My only problem is that is I hold my finger between pages too long to hold my place, the ink gets smudged. Other than that, it's quality.

I was kind of worried after the last guide I bought for Final Fantasy 9. The stupid guide didn't have much information at all. It kept refering to a stupid website that you had to go to, to get more complete information. I didn't have a working computer at the time. Total jip.

In the back there should be a Tear Out License Board (Enlarged) - On the other side of it, is a map of it all.

My strategy guide is doing fine. My only problem is that is I hold my finger between pages too long to hold my place, the ink gets smudged. Other than that, it's quality.

I was kind of worried after the last guide I bought for Final Fantasy 9. The stupid guide didn't have much information at all. It kept refering to a stupid website that you had to go to, to get more complete information. I didn't have a working computer at the time. Total jip.

LMAO i remember that too, the play online thing it was annoying. I have a big problem with the guide too. It seems that all your problems went into one with my guide. First thing I notice is that the stupid thing doesnt have all the maps. And what was really funny was when it said to refer to page ???. I got a few laughs outta that. And then the ink started smudging like crazy. and the book starting falling apart. I emailed Brady about it but they didnt reply. I guess they dont care.

Yeah I did notice that it didn't have all the maps of every area too! What a joke! :mad:

Back