Summons vs Dress spheres

Well I didn't really use the special dress spheres I just preferred the regular ones. But if they included Aeons it would have been a pretty big plot hole. So I guess I'm glad they included special dress spheres as opposed to some bogus reason as to why we can use Aeons again. The game is easy enough as it is anyway we don't really need Aeons.

Can someone tell me why, if Aeons disappered due to the fayth disappearing, why the Dark Aeons were still around for you to fight? Wouldn't this mean that Summoning may still be possible?

In my opinion though, I'd prefer it if there was a Summoner Dressphere which could let you summon Aeons to do a one off attack.

I think they were just more like lingering spirits. I mean...if they could be summoned, where was the summoners? Not around. So that's what I think anyway.

A summoner dressphere wouldn't really work now, but, if you could summon any beast you may have encountered, or have some sort of capture dressphere, it could work to a similar effect.

Bahamut's fayth tells you after you defeat Bahamut that
Shuyin was controlling the aeons and his presence or something like that made them into the dark aeons

I am going for the aeons, they were so awesome in ffx, but they couldnt just add summoning to ffx-2, because the fayth went away and stuff.

Ofcourse aeons are overpowered sometimes, but with some bosses it was impossible to do it without aeons, if it wasnt for the massive damage it was for the sacrifice. Stuff like super attacks that could whipe out your whole party.

For the dress spheres, i allways used that grid with the 2 dress spheres in it so i could activate the special dress sphere

I THINK THEY COULD HAVE DONE A DRESSPHERE MADE FROM LORD BRASKA MEMORIES OR ANY OTHER HIGH SUMMONER AND MAKE SOME AEONS LIKE DIABOLOS, RAMHU, CARBUNCLE ETC...WHOSE FAYTH PRUPOSE IS DIFFRENT THAN DEFEAT SIN........JUST AN IDEA

It would of been good to have both of them. A part of the story is about Yuna having Lennes dress sphere.
But you should of been able to have a choice to use a summon or the special dress sphere or at least have a summoner dress sphere, like your ability's are able to summon aeons/ GFs.

I actually didn't like both.
But it seems as I found the Aeons a more useful then the Special Dresspheres. Because I used the Special Dresspheres only twice (and only with Paine), but I did use the Aeons much more.

The Aeon I really put to a great use was Yojimbo. The others were nice, but not as useful.

If they brought back aeons to be used in FFX-2 I would have been upset because that would have been a contradiction to FFX. One of the mains reasons of finally defeating Sin for good (besides saving people from dying) was so the fayth could finally rest.

But that's not what this topic is about, so to answer the question: I LOVED the aeons. So I would choose them as favorite over the dresspheres.

Back