Technicks

Garnet

[x Sexy Seducer x]
Veteran
Gil
Do you find yourself using technicks a lot? I mean other than steal, etc.

For myself, I basically find myself forgetting they are even there. I know there are some pretty useful ones, but I guess my strategys have worked fine without them.

Opinions?

You will see later on in the game Soul Eater is a very nice addition. I think it's realistically the only way to kill Chaos with ease. It Consumes your characters life to damage the enemy in front of you (Since you are not allowed to use attacks, and most of the elemental spells prove to be useless against him) - I have also found that souleater is good to use when Physical Immunity shields are up. Without knowing the enemies weakness.. it can be a hastle to guess around and accidentlally heal the enemy. If you are using this ability though make sure you have a healing gambit up for other characters to use.

Poach is nice for rare items. Some mobs later in the game are immune to it, so it's not always useful. Just check around.

Horrology is to complicated.. so I don't use it much, but I've heard it's nice if you get the timing down.

1K needles is good if you don't have an attack that does over 1000 yet.

Shear and Expose are the two best abilities besides Steal. Lowering Physical and Magical Defense.

As for the others... I don't use Revive or Addle, I once and a while use Achilles.. but it's rare.

On my first playthrough, I only used steal, charge, libra, and 1k needles. Haven't reached a point when the others were needed =/

On my first playthrough, I only used steal, charge, libra, and 1k needles. Haven't reached a point when the others were needed =/

Yup those were basically the only ones I used too. I expiremented with the others, but nothing much beyond that.

I believe it is the last skill or what not, Telekinesis. Is that was what it was called? Whatever.

Anyways, with that technick, you can do damage to flying beasts with a sword! Excellent addition. With that, I pretty much slaughter anything with swords. =D

How can you guys forget that?

I believe it is the last skill or what not, Telekinesis. Is that was what it was called? Whatever.

Anyways, with that technick, you can do damage to flying beasts with a sword! Excellent addition. With that, I pretty much slaughter anything with swords. =D

How can you guys forget that?

Sorry, I'm not perfect, lol! But yes I did use telekinesis some, came in handy with the flying foes!

Sorry, I'm not perfect, lol! But yes I did use telekinesis some, came in handy with the flying foes!

Meh. It's fine. We're only human.

Anyways, I forgot to mention bonecrusher in my last post as well. Quite useful especially at high levels. Considering instantly killings someone by only sacrificing HP. =D

Last edited:
I accidentally stumbled on to where Telekinesis was found, and I was elated. Then I used it on one of the "birds" and with Save the Queen equipped at that time, it did all of about 200 damage.

Kind disappointing. After seeing Vossler do serious damage with it at the Tomb, I'd been looking all over for that tech.

I use Vaan as my main guy most of the time. So instead of using that tech, I just equip him with a Perseus bow instead. It does much better damage.

Correction for me!

I don't know if that tech just doesn't work well with Save the Queen, but I tried it when I got the Ragnarok and it did about 3,500 damage without bravery on.

This will be cool for me if it stays this way, especially travelling through Cerobi. That'll save me from having to switch back and forth from sword to bow.

especially make sure you have an "Foe Status = Float - Telekinetis" very nice to have for Vaan and Basch.

The only technick that I use really is steal. I mean they just arn't that useful. If you read somewhere in the guide, its in the secrests section or something. That Numerology damage goes up with each hit of it. It says it cant go above 15 hits or something, but when its on 15 it always hit for like 60,000 surrond damage or something like that. So I was thinkg just to keep doing it and after each hit eave, and work your way up, and then use it on bosses, that would be a good way to take huge chunks out. but then again you might need to use it on a boss that has lesser enemies, because the 60,000 thing is Area not individual.

I really only used 2 tecknicks for the entire game, Steal and Telekinesis. I tried all of the other ones out and found them to be an utter watse of license points and money. Really, Espers, Tecknicks, and most Magicks are completely useless in this game.

I only used 1000 needles with the gambit foe:flying for those characters that didn't use guns or bows, until i got telekinesis. And other time i used charge when one of those ghosts at the necrohol casted annul and really helped.

I really only used steal in the beginning, but then I found that poach was also useful to get better items and such. Telekinesis is a must for me because ALL of my main party members are melee and flyers are HARD.

The only technick that I use really is steal. I mean they just arn't that useful. If you read somewhere in the guide, its in the secrests section or something. That Numerology damage goes up with each hit of it. It says it cant go above 15 hits or something, but when its on 15 it always hit for like 60,000 surrond damage or something like that. So I was thinkg just to keep doing it and after each hit eave, and work your way up, and then use it on bosses, that would be a good way to take huge chunks out. but then again you might need to use it on a boss that has lesser enemies, because the 60,000 thing is Area not individual.

that's interesting. would be helpful on yiazmat. ugh... that guy is annoying.

Back