The Bazaar System

The great serpent skin nets you...wasn't it a golden hairpin or something lame like that?

Some items are a bitch to get though, like that Salamand Halycon. I can either steal it from a Salamand (which i tried and met with disastrous results), or you can get it by doing the July the Streetear sidequest. Unfortunaly, you have to do the first part of the sidequest before the path to the Mosphoran Highwaste opens up, and i didnt know that...so lucky me, i get to steal from a Salamand if i want the Arcturus.

Ill tell you whats bloody hard. Getting wargod bands for the tournesol. You usually only need one of each type of halcyon so it doesn't really matter mmuch.

actually i think the bazaar is useful for getting the rare items and powerful weapons....but when i was just a beginner and continued my bro's file i actually didn't care about the bazaar but after my bro explained about the bazaar i think it might be useful! :)

I really like the baazar because it makes your life a living hell if you waste items up and miss some weapons jaja.You really have to make a great deal of loot to acert some weapons.

Hrmm...I liked the system and reading this thread helped. rofl. I didn't know half of this stuff in the first place.

It was something new, but I kinda like getting weapons and things the old fashioned way.

I liked the bazzar system, but I mentioned elsewhere that I sold the serpent skin, yet I still recieved the bonus item which was coolio. That can be annoying when you have important items with stuff you can sell on.

i thought the bazaar system was actually pretty nice to have. it was pretty different from anything else we've seen. the only thing i didnt like was the high prices of items, since you only got gil from selling loot and other items. not that it was hard to come by, but it usually took me awhile to get enough money to buy the pricey things from the bazaar, especially the tournesol.

Obtaining the Tournesol....is completely idiotic. It just shows that SE is sadistic and also how nobody on the XII team actually played the game, or else they would have realized how ridiculous they made things. Look at all the crap you need to make the Tournesol:

- 3 Gemsteel - 3 Empyreal Souls - 3 Serpentarius -

Then you sell those and buy the Tournesol for 600,000 Gil. However, these 3 are
made up of different loots themselves that you must sell. It goes:

1 Gemsteel = 2 Damascus Steel + 2 Hell-Gate's Flame + 1 Scarletite
1 Empyreal Soul = 2 Wargod's Bands + 1 Soul Powder + 1 High Arcana
1 Serpentarius = 2 Serpent Eyes + 4 Snake Skins + 1 High Arcana

yeah i never actually gathered those ridiculously rare items, it would have taken days or weeks. but i was just saying that had i gathered them, i would have never been able to purchase it. i hate when the ultimate weapons are close to impossible to get.

yeah i never actually gathered those ridiculously rare items, it would have taken days or weeks. but i was just saying that had i gathered them, i would have never been able to purchase it. i hate when the ultimate weapons are close to impossible to get.

It's too much work to get that thing, and THEN they want to charge me 600,000? That would have taken AGES to get since i had to buy Flare and Protectga and Shellga and Hastega and armour and shields for the final boss.

I'm willing to do a chocobo sidequest, because that can at least be fun sometimes and net you other useful items. But hunting down remote monsters and trying to get rare steals or drops from them, THEN spending absurd amounts of money? No way. Especially when the weapon isn't even necessary to beat the game. I pwned Vayne with Deathbringers, i can get those for free.

It make later marks alot easier and it looks cool ^_^

IT have no problem getting gil its the gemsteels that are hard.

I like it, if you keep buying at the Bazaar you never feel rich, which I think is a great asset to the game. I hate games when you earn uber amounts of money.

There's a place where you can gain 500,000 gil right after you've defeated the mark Behemoth King, I think it's in Mt Bur Omisace.

As for the Tournesol, you should be able to get at least 1 of each necessary item for this excellent sword in the Clan Centurio from Montblanc after gaining ranks and defeating Espers. A Serpentarius is a "Very Common" steal off the final Esper.

In essence, 2 Gemsteels + 2 Empyreal Souls + 1 Serpentarius should be the real target for synthesis.

I liked the bazaar, although perhaps it should have been called something else since it really was more of a synth shop. The fact that the prices could be really cheap for what you were getting or deceptively expensive does make it very bazaar-like, though.

i bought the guide so if ya need 2 know what 2 sell i can help.
but it does'nt matter which merchant u sell ur loot 2 all items u can make appear in every bazaar

There is already a help section on the forum if pepole request help.
But yeah, Bazzar = good idea for clearing items and getting some gil.

Bazaar was good, but I kinda like the idea of making my own customizable weapons. It would've been better for me.

Back