The best part of the soundtrack...

eyes on me is a great song, one of the best in final fantasy. i also like the music during the fmv during the assasination of edea. i thought that song was great for that specific scene

I think a good OST is one that can give you goosebumps, make you cry, make you sad, happy and move you each time you listen to it. This is one of my favourite all time FF OSTs followed closely by 7, 10 and 10-2. It just creates such great moments within the game and is just incredible to listen to.

My favorite songs on the soundtrack are Ultimecia's castle and the boss theme. I absolutely love the music in Ultimecia's castle and I love the castle itself. The music really does fit perfectly with it. I also really like the boss theme in this game. It gets me pumped up for a boss fight.

While I did enjoy most of the music, I honestly didn't like Eyes on Me. It just didn't do anything for me and it was kind of annoying. And I agree with Bambi that the world map music could have been better. It got irritating after awhile.

Eyes On Me was the first song in the FF series that I ever fell in love with. I remember printing the whole thing out when I was 12 years old, and I sang it in front of my friends. I'd listen to it all the time on my play lists. Same for Melodies of Life from FF9, that was also very pretty. One more FF8 song I really liked was Roses and Wine.

Eyes on Me is my favourite FF song. I was listening to it and one of my friends liked it but didn't believe me when I said it was from a game. I don't know how someone my age could think videogame soundtracks were still just bleeps and bloops. Luckily I had a save file from just before the Ragnarok flight deck scene to put him straight. As someone else pointed out it recurs in various forms throughout the game.

FFVIII in general has one of the best soundtracks of any game I've played, if not the best.

Last edited:
I love this soundtrack and I'd probably say it's my favorite. Some of the songs like The Oath, The Salt Flats and Find Your Way are just too awesome. There are epic songs on pretty much every soundtrack, but I guess my bias for this game takes over. I think the music matches the game situations in this game more so than the other (although FFX is a close 2nd). I see most like Eyes on Me, normally I'm not crazy about the vocal songs in the FF series, but Eyes on Me isn't bad at all. But I'm still more preferable to the other ones.

What I really enjoyed was the Balamb garden theme. To me it was really peaceful and tranquil. Along with the Balamb city music, I would have to say those two were my fave picks in the entire OST. Dont get me wrong I enjoyed every last song but I would have to say those are my fave.

Back