The Music

griever of life

Chocobo Breeder
Gil
The Music:
i am a very emotionally deep person usually falling into depressed silences which generally makes final fantasy 8 quite a spectacle for me. The music on final fantasy 8 has a lot of feel to it one of the strongest examples of this is the track Love Grows ever listened to it a really felt the emotion in it and also the balamb garden track that makes me go quiet also take a couple of minutes to really listen to any of the tracks on any final fantasy and you'll be surprised to find quite a bit of emotion in there. so here's a couple i found quite emotional
Ragnarock/Ride on= feeling of airyness and want to be with friends
Love Grows= want for a couple of moments with someone very close to you
Timber Owls= want for a couple of days with friends to pull off a prank of some sort
If you chose to listen to any of these i hope you found a bit of happiness or other emotion inside it.

Yep Nobuo is a genius. I loved the final battle music (The Extreme) that was nothing short of epic also The Castle was great very "Final Dungeon"

I Thought IX had some really powerful cool music in it too, particularly these:

Terra
Bran Bal The Soulless Village
Dark Messenger.

+
Keeper of Time (hence my screen name :P)

I've never really been a fan of the music from VIII tbh. I just find most of it pretty bland. I used to like Eyes on Me, then I heard Angela Aki's version, and I find that to be 50 times better than the one used in the game.

Only piece of music I actually like is Liberi Fatali.

Eyes on Me, Don't Be Afraid, Man with the Machine Gun, Fragments of Memories (the original AND the orchestrated version), Waltz to the Moon...

^^ Just naming off a few of my favorite FFVIII music.

Eyes On Me will always have a special place in my heart. I guess I can kinda relate to that. I love the lyrics and Faye Wong did an awesome job singing the song.

Waltz for the Moon is just great! I love the whole piece and whenever I hear that song, I am always reminded of Squall and Rinoa's dance. Heh, terrific job too.

Fragments of Memories reminds me of Bittersweet Romance in a way. I like how delicate the music sounds.

remember this is a thread about what music you think was the deepest and i agree, eyes on me was quite touching and can anyone answer me this: how can people forget about ff8 its one of the best love stories of its time, how?

remember this is a thread about what music you think was the deepest and i agree, eyes on me was quite touching and can anyone answer me this: how can people forget about ff8 its one of the best love stories of its time, how?

Eh, havent you just contradicted yourself and said this was a thread for music, yet you ask us why people forget about 8 ...

Anyway, excellent OST although Im not a huge fan of Eyes On Me as it reminds me of my first boyfriend. It was our song in a way. I love The Man with the Machine Gun, so 80s glam rock!

I loved hearing eyes on me during that one scene in the ragnorak when squall and rinoa were talking. I just wanted to leave it at that part and just listen to the music.

I don't know the name of the song, but the part during the parade with Sorceress Edea, I love the music to that.

THe only music I can remotely remember in this game is the opening FMV music and the music as you go into Ultemacia's Castle. I guess the final battle music is pretty good too, but there's just not too much memorable music in this game it seems.

I'm listening right now "The landing", the song that you can hear when Squall, going to make the exame to become a SeeD, watches Dollet Soldiers falling under the Galbadian attack.

It's really beautiful, no doubt... Songs like this, or like The Stage is set, Liberi fatali, The man with the machine gun and some others make FFVIII furthermore wonderful.

I have a bunch of remixs of Fithos Lusec Wecos Vinosec. I have one thats 20 minutes long on my MP3 player. Its my favorite song. Its so beautiful.

Fithos Lusec Wecos Vinosec & Liberi Fatali are the only peices of music that i like in this game. Fithos Lusec Wecos Vinosec is very powerful and dramatic while Liberi Fatali is just superb ^_^

Btw anyone else notice how similar "Timber Owls" is to Aeriths theme? :mad:

Back