The one thing I HATE about Final Fantasy games!

Huh? I love the cut scenes! It's what helps the story's progression, and they can be fun to watch. I will admit that some are a bit longer than I actually expect, but if it helps the story in any way, then I welcome it with open arms.

You don't really be much of an RPG gamer if you want to skip all the scenes :wtf:

Mod Edit: This has already been discussed, don't say they're not RPG Fans/Gamers if they want to skip cut scenes. It's rude and it quite clearly says that he's watched them before he would just like to skip them the second time around.

Last edited by a moderator:
You don't really be much of an RPG gamer if you want to skip all the scenes :wtf:
*blinks* Do you people not READ? They said they've seen the scenes before. And besides, I feel the fact that it's FF X excuses it perfectly, it's not like any characters or voice actors/actresses in that game deserve to win any awards, and it had a flawed story in the first place. So to force someone to watch the cutscenes without so much as an OPTION to skip should be a criminal offense damnable by death...

*stares at Tetsuya Nomura specifically*

I know what you mean about the replays, especially on the older games where the cut scenes are slower.

The fmv's are great to watch though, but usually if it happens and I know whats going on during the cutscene, I just get me phone out, have a play around, put the kettle on, bat a ball of wool, the usual pastimes.

And not all rpg's have cutscenes :P and as others have said he's talking about 2nd time around.

I like the cut scenes and I still find them enjoyable after my first play through. Sometimes I play just to watch the cut scenes but that is quite rare. The one thing that annoys me though, is when I keep getting killed by a boss or something and I have to watch the same cut scene over and over again.

In most of the FF Games I've loved watching the cutscenes, though some of them are quite long, they're usually quite beautiful and most of the time you have the option to skip them anyway if you just press the start button :gasp:

At least the cut scenes in these games aren't like Metal Gear Solid 4 and over an hour long :gasp:

i have to respectfully disagree with the OP in this topic..
i love the cut scenes in all ff games...its nice to watch the story stitch itself together through the cutscenes.

Some cut scenes are worth their while, however I think the cut scenes need to be just as streamlined as the gameplay itself. Certain games, such as FFX, had me cringing with my vomit-bucket at my side due to the incredibly awful voice-acting that seemed to ruin the game itself for me. However, this is just my opinion and you are entitled to your own. Whether the voice-acting of recent ff games ails you or not depends entirely on your POV.

No waaay, the cutscenes are great! I really like them, they're never too much in my opinion. :D

One of my all-time favorites is a FFX cutscene, when they enter Bevelle. FFVIII had some awesome cutscenes too.

Yknow what I did when we rolled up to Kalm last time I used me exploder and skipped to the chocobo ranch I also gave myself all the items and materia you called ever want......it was like 7th time through so in celebration i gave myself a treat lol:) but other cut scene in FF dont seem to bother as much the ones in FF seem are amongst my favourite

i think it;s worth watching the cutscences espiecially for ff12 and for somone who's never even played the game before plus i don;t mind watching them again cuz that's the whole fun of it but of course after a while you know and get used to the story but then again i just enjoy it for the art and i love the gabranth scene man he;sss ssoooo cool and epic badass

i know this is wierd but for me it's the fighting. Not all the time though. I love the fighting but i hate when I just want to get to the end of an area, or if I have to backtracking i take a measly couple of steps, and BAM! fight. Even if I flee, it's still time consuming. but most of the time, fighting is fun.

I love them all.

HOWEVER- when you've seen Rikku bow to Tidus about 19 times in a row you begin to wish you could skip them
But that says more about my levelling than it does about cutscenes

for me it's the mini-game with the rolling rocks in the Temple of the Ancients (FFVII), i spent half an hour on that thing 'cause it kept pushing me back (and i believe it damages you too) <_>

Final Fantasy X.
Dear lord. Oh my god. My patience. My fingernails. Enough!

Sorry, was ranting.

Anyway! So, I am currently on my 4th or 5th playthrough of FFX. Great game. Love the storyline. Okay. Now, you must understand... I am purposely extremely underleveled. I've reached Braska's Final Aeon, ya'know. OKAY. If I have to hear, "Are you eating right boy?" and, "Well I am Sin you know" followed by, "That's not funny", my ears may start to bleed. I know the dialect off by heart. Yes.. Yes, I do. I know, it's my own fault for being so terribly underleveled (or under sphere-gridded, I suppose). I KNOW! That doesn't mean that I don't dread restarting after Braska's Final Aeon pummels my party into oblivion.

I support skipping cutscenes! It's glorious for 2nd playthroughs and above. Well, and for idiots, such as myself, who decide to purposely attempt to defeat the final string of bosses at a low level >___>

I loved the battle systems of the older games (minus 12 which was awesome). But once the spire grid was introduced in FFX...I was rolling my eyes in the back of my head. FF9 also kind of had an annoying system...but I adapted to it fast.

I hate the fighting systems in some of them. I feel like there isnt enough action, you know? Especially in ffx, though its my favorite game.

I think you've got it wrong. One of the main things about Final Fantasy is love. There's basically at least one scene in every one of them. It sort of makes the game more interesting to play.:nudge:

I hated the cards thing >_>

I mean, why playing the damn cards when you have to beat the game. If I wanted to play cards I'll play Yu Gi-Oh...I suck at poker >_>

Back