Votes: 1 4.2%
  • Zack

• Vincent

• Cloud

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
I think Bugenhagen is the wisest afterall normally the elders are the wisest since they've been through alot.Plus he knew more then anybody in the game really.And he taught most of his knowledge to Cloud and the gang.

it has 2 be bugehagen to be honest but didnt aerith have the knowledge of the ancients but didnt understand it and i couldnt use it?

It's!!!

Where's teh Cid? :zip: That guy knew something the rest of us could never comprehend...

The importance of herbal tea...

Coversation closed :cool:

I read somewhere that "Grandfather" - the way that Nanaki referred to Bugenhagen - was a mistranslation of something like "shaman", and the shaman is generally the wisest person of a tribe.

However, I would argue that Sephiroth may also be very wise, in the sense of 'having a lot of knowledge', if we can believe him when he says (just after the destruction of the Temple of Ancients) that he has been coursing the Lifestream and has picked up all the knowledge of the Ancients. On the other hand, bring the planet to its knees with a meteor impact isn't a particularly wise thing to do.

As for Sephiroth; there is no way he could be considered the wisest. He wasn't nescessarily intelligent, either. He was a badass warrior who went completely insane and became totally ill-informed of the true fact; that he is not Cetra or of any real importance. He fails to ever realise that he is, in fact, just another human being who happened to be infused with the cells of a super-alien from outer space while still in the womb, which (doubled with his father's hereditary insane tendencies) sent him completely bat-shit crazy. The only thing Sephiroth manages to pull off is figuring out how to abuse his power to gain God-like status through manipulation of the Lifestream.

And you fail to realise that Sephiroth knew everything about Jenova's origins and his real past. He even calls her "the Calamity from the Sky" at Nibelheim(not flashback), and states that he is "far superior to Jenova" at the Temple of the Ancients.

Kitab said:
On the other hand, bring the planet to its knees with a meteor impact isn't a particularly wise thing to do.

If you want to become a god by absorbing the Lifestream of the entire world, it IS a wise thing to do.

Back