Training spots?

I liked Mosphoran Highwaste and Phon Coast... they were wide open and easy places to get long chains/good loot.

Phon Coast was really the last part of the game where I purposely stopped to train, because after that I always had enough money and I was usually a high enough level to get through whatever dungeon I was exploring at the time. (Giruvegan and Pharos at Ridorana actually kind of killed me, but I never went back to train.)

nice, the phon coast is good, but you know the village in the woods where fran livved, go to the southern most part of it, there is a bunch of monsters and a trex, kill them all and skeletons will appear everywhere you walk, you get a high chain and items like deaths head, bones, dark crystals... its bout 7k per 10 chain, get 100 and you will be making bout 30k per 10 chain..... sooooo..... who else has a favorite or last training spot on FFXII?

Without a doubt the cerobi steppe with a diamond armlet equiped and the others with embroided tippets you can get boatloads of gill and the dragon whisker and loads of ammo plus the adamantite 4 ultima blade i also gain about 20000-80000gil per load

beejay95 said:
but you know the village in the woods where fran livved, go to the southern most part of it, there is a bunch of monsters and a trex, kill them all and skeletons will appear everywhere you walk, you get a high chain and items like deaths head, bones, dark crystals... its bout 7k per 10 chain, get 100 and you will be making bout 30k per 10 chain.....

Nice tip. The first time I went through there I was miserable and almost died, but it could be a great place to train.

My favorite place to train at was the Salikawood, mainly because I liked the scenery there. I thought the monsters there were pretty fun to fight too.

In the location where you can fight Ultima. That was my favourite locations where I was leveling up. And when I have leveled up enough I fought Ultima.

At first, it was the mines in Bhujerba. That's how I got Vaan 10 levels higher than everyone else. It was the best because the skeletons and undead there just kept coming and coming....I think I had a 120 Chain Link Bonus by the end of one trip. That's also how I got ahold of so much gil because of the Bone Fragments they were constantly leaving behind. However, when I got further in the game, the Phon Coast became my favorite spot....but I didn't fight any of the Wyverns. I hate using long-range weapons and using magick to bring it down is ridiculous. >>

The Henne Mines is definitley the best place to level up for me. And for when I'm lazy and would rather wander around Ivalice, the Tchita Uplands and Phon Coast are the places I'd go to

yeah i agree with XenonVincentXII.. Henne mines is the best because the experience there is very high.. i leveled all of my characters there to 100 in one day..

well to be honest i trained as i went through the game, evertime i got to a new area i made sure to boost a little.
I do remember spending AGES in the Lhusu mines...

i liked the nechrol of nabudis, becuz there were enemies that were tough, and gave good loot. i also liked phon coast, but i hate flying animals so i avoided those.... another area would be the scohen place palace (? idk if spelled that right)

my favourite place was the Phon Coast, the monsters were easy to deal with but the scenery was superb and it was just really nice to wander around and really enjoy the place

I really enjoy places where enemies respawns frequently, or areas where skeletons keeps appearing forever, such as the "secret" area in the Nabreus Deadlands. But all in all, areas which are rich of enemies of the same sort, so that you can get yourself quite the chain while you're leveling or looting. : ) The nam yensa is a good place early on, even though their loot aren't the best.

The Cerobi Steppe has such a nice soundtrack and a lot of Bandercoeurls, but now that my characters are at such a high level, I've found Henne Mines to be the most rewarding for the time being, with their countless Abysteels. (At least I think it was Abysteels. Some sort of undead bats anyway, I just cast curaja after curaja around me and they fall like flies!)

Tchita Uplands/Grasslands, whatever they were called, and the mining area where you get Zodiark... Just kept hitting the button to make bats appear.

Lately I have been really liking the Tchita Highlands, mostly because I can get some really epic chains going on. And the loot usually sells for some high prices. But I just finished the Pharos and I might go and train and level up there. There was a lot of good monsters there, that had a lot of great loot.

Overlooking eternity in the dead lands. There is a mark there and like 100 dead bones. You can steal these crowns from them and the loot they drop isn't bad either. I leveled up two members at a time (all with the double EXP accessories). It was easy and rewarding.

I prefer the earlier stages of the game, seems alot less tedious considering how long it takes to level later on.

Barheim Passage is my first place, after escaping Nalbina. When you get to the Save Crystal and Basch finially becomes useful (acquiring a weapon and armour) I go into the next room, let the Mimic get rid of all the power completely so the skeletons come out. Chain them, once they stop spawning, go back into the room of the Save Crystal and back to the last room again. Then return to where the skeletons are, they spawn again and the chain continues.

Next up is The Lhusu Mines. Dead Bones on the bridge make for good levelling, chaining and looting.

After that, I kind of find the whole process begins to start getting boring. I do love the battle system and the game itself, just wish it never took so god damn long.

Well, I actually prefer to do most of my levelling before getting any other partner members. The Dustia trick is an awesome way of powerlevelling at the start, plus it's only Vaan so more exp. Since party members levels are based of Vaan's when they join I find it much easier to do it this way, but it requires a lot of patience and i'd imagine most people finding it tedious.

http://www.neoseeker.com/resourcelink.html?rlid=156507&rid=145011 <-- Great perfect game guide which explains the Dustia trick.

Otherwise, the Abysteels at the Henne mines is a decent way of levelling.
Foe= Sleepga
Foe status: Sleep = Curaga
and so on.

The Cerobi Steppe was number two for training (next to the Lhusu Mines, of course). You can get up some very decent chains there on the wolves and the coeurls.

Back