Wakka, useful in battle!

I got bored of playing blitzball real fast, so I never got his celestial weapon. Although I did get tidus's, just because that chocobo game was pissing me off. damn seagulls....

Anyway, I wasn't real Wakka-heavy when I played but he was a decent character. He could do physical damage in pretty much any given situation, so that itself makes him worth using in a lot of situations.

I played a couple games, it was all right for a FF minigame but it took waaaay to long. They should have like, cut the game time in half or something.

I played a couple games, it was all right for a FF minigame but it took waaaay to long. They should have like, cut the game time in half or something.

I agree totally. I enjoyed it at first but like a million hours later it really started feeling like a chore then there was the amount of fiends you had to kill before being able to do the next league/tournament. I really got fed up of Blitzball, if I ever have to play it again it will be to soon

I just kept telling myself it will be worth it in the end >_<

And it was :wacky:

Lmao. Well, I quite enjoyed playing the Blitzball. haha. I loved it.

Wakka was useful for those flying monsters, yes, but you could also use Lulu if you really didn't like Wakka. She could destroy them with just as much ease. Except for the Machine Bomb Monster you encounter within Zanarkand and Bevelle that stands in the distance. Psh.

See, I never used Lulu I had a nightmare getting her sigil to the point where I gave up for a while on getting her celestial weapon & when I did get it, Id already kind of neglected her and everytime I saw that Onion Knight I just wanted to punch my pad.

Plus Im not a magic user anyways so Wakka was my only ranged fighter really. He is just great xD

See, after awhile If you used Yuna for black magic then she'd be way more useful than lulu was. Haha.

But, you can always count on Wakka's overdrive! It's quite powerful. =D! Wakka, FTW!

If you sent Lulu down Yuna's path she was a beast. You could make her your highest damage dealer if you played your cards right. Lulu is probably a pretty underrated character.

Yea Lulu can get really strong after a while but Wakka was always dealing the damage along with Auron :) I had petrify status effect on his weapon it worked all the time!!

I never used Wakka until my most recent playthrough, and I was rather surprised at how strong he got, same for Tidus too.

However, I really can't be bothered to play loads of blitzball games to unlock Wakkas overdrives and ultimate weapon, which is why I never used him before.

Wakka ended up being my "power-house" character before I fought Sin in the end. I said to myself that I wasn't going to go in and face Sin until I had the Jupiter Sigil and Wakka could break damage limit. At this point before I got the Sigil, Wakka was hitting for 9,999 a pop. So I was curious as to how hard he would knock once he got "World Champion" maxxed out.

I did all the Blitzball junk, got the Sigil, maxxed out World Champion, and my first hit with Wakka went for 40,000+ HP when he hit an enemy. I then fell in love with Wakka as an attacker.

I love how you said "as an attacker". haha.

I am sure that he was a great attacker if given a chance. Especially towards aerial fiends. He is my 3rd strongest character on my save file.

I thought Wakka was great. He was one of my best characters.

Towards the end of the game, I think I benched him in favor of someone else, but he was far from useless.

I don't use him much, his main role until he's all beefed up is as anti-air. I'd rather just cast Black Magic on any annoying foes with high evade. DODGE THIS!

That said, his character was good, just not in battle. I think some dude with a blitzball isn't good for much, except maybe casting status effects.

I don't use him much, his main role until he's all beefed up is as anti-air. I'd rather just cast Black Magic on any annoying foes with high evade. DODGE THIS!

That said, his character was good, just not in battle. I think some dude with a blitzball isn't good for much, except maybe casting status effects.
Eh... you are right. :O Now that I think about it, I did use Lulu and her Fire spells to take down flying.... Now Lulu, she's in a whole different league then Wakka. She kicks BUTT.

And for Status Effects, I just use Kimarhi anyways. He's my Status-Mage. :D Coupled with a few power house moves, and haste, he's good.

Useful is an understatement! Wakka is fantastic in battle. His attack reels are majorly majorly useful. You just need to play a bit of blitzball to get them. It's not too bad. I had them in a few games and ta da, I was a happy girl. It's totally worth the time to get the attack reels. I used Wakka and Auron mostly - those two were my powerhouses.

I never used Wakka really. He was one of my weakest characters when I played through last time, I think he was 2nd to last.

I did like his character but, like Major Zero said, just not in battles.

I actually figured on keeping him in battles all the time after I foudn out he was 1 of the 3 characters who could only fight underwater, and also hit long range with his physical attacks.

I quite liked Wakka in battle, but those underwater battles...
*shakes head*
Those were the thorn in my side, especially the first time I went to Anima's temple...
Until I got everyone's ultimate weapons, then I did that Underwater Battle in the Calm Lands Arena for fun.
But overall, I liked Wakka, his Attack Reels were good, and he was my Status Mage quite fast...

Back