Was Final Fantasy VII: AC Worth The Wait?

Was Final Fantasy VII AC Worth The Wait

• Total voters
I thought it was worth the wait because Advent Children is a really great film, and its based on the best game to be created. Sephiroth looks awesome in this film, so does Cloud and the rest of the gang.

It was worth it but i think that square enix sould of done the FFVII AC the way they wanted by ending t he movie at the phone droping into the water and made the rest of the movie a game and fans probally would of liked to play the FFVII characters again and SE probally would have made more money like that

It was worth it!
You only liked it because of Tifa and Sephiroth.
No! It was because....shut up!

I thought AC was really worth the wait. Japanese version, a little bit better than the English; but I thought both versions were excellent.

I agree with Aerith's voice being partially bad in the English version, but it sounded better than what it did in KH2. D: Ah, my ears...

I believe they changed some lines in the English version (Reno said 'Yo.' a lot in the Japanese version, but I didn't hear a word of it in English. Disappointment to me...)

What was truly worth the wait? The fighting scenes, and music. They did an excellent job with both. Also, graphics. I wouldn't give it a perfect 10, but the movie is definately top rated by me. ^_^

Final Fantasy VII was (and still is) my favorite game of all time. I loved everything about. The plot was moving. The characters had depth. The music brought out a range of emotional responses. It wasn't so difficult I was overwhelmed but it was challenging enough not to be taken lightly.

Final Fantasy VII absolutely rocked and it brought me into the world of RPG's.

I waited with baited breath for nearly two years. I scavanged for information. I studied, avidly, any new screen cap or image in development I could find. I listened for whispers about it, debated what the hypothetical plot might be and who might be in it. I was an AC-hypothetical junkie because I loved the game so much.

Then it came out. Let me start with the plot; it was bogus. It just... it didn't seem epic. It seemed episodic and I didn't like it. There was nothing stirring about it.

The villains... got the kids together...for what purpose? What were they going to have the children do out there? It didn't make sense to me. Seemingly they all went out into the forest and became...zombies.

The other thing that bothered me is the scene where they all battled Bahamut. They all, literally, came out of nowhere. Like they'd been just waitin' in the shadows of Midgar for a battle to break out. Then there's the 'arm up' where by they gave Cloud the ability to fly. That not only looked stupid (in my opinion) it seemed unnecessary.

Then the battle with Sephiroth where he suddenly appears just...seemed forced. It was as if they said, "We can't make a FF7 movie without Sephiroth. Throw 'em in there...somewhere."

They recycled the scene of the slums three times. That was a backhand. We didn't get to see the rest of the planet (I thought Cosmo Canyon or Gold Saucer would surely be there and they weren't.) What had Barret or Cid or Yuffie been up to? I was curious to know but that wasn't indulged at all.

I suppose, all in all, thanks to all the waiting the movie didn't at all meet my expectations. After I watched it I felt betrayed. I felt like they made a movie because they knew it would make money. It felt like that rather than a piece of art. Sure, it looked all right and it was good to see the characters again (sort of) but in my opinion the wait wasn't worth it.

Proxy​

I think it was totally worth the wait. Even though I didn't enjoy the game, I really enjoyed the movie. It was a big step up from Final Fantasy: The Spirits Within.

Not in the slightest. Well, for those who downloaded the Japanese version, that is. Being one of those people, I'm horrified by the sheer lack of talent in the voice actors in the English version. So, so, so disappointed. For one, I didn't think you could find a wrong actor for the part of Sephiroth. All his voice needs is to be deep, with a subtle hint of evil, but no...awful choices in actors, and a really half arsed effort to lip sync the CG characters. Loz was another shock. Absolutely ghastly.

The casting director should be shot, mauled, and burned.

yeah i think it was worth the wait the fighting scenes were amazing and the story line was good so it was worth the wait

Nope, I think it definately shouldn't have even been made. I guess from a true fan of VII's point of view, it was just big orgasm after another, but me, I was actually hoping for some substance to come out of VII.

Sure, Advent Children was very pretty to look at, but beyond that no substance whatsoever. It was fanboy service. Kind of like FFVII turned out in the end anyway, so I guess I shouldn't have expected otherwise.

Back