What does everyone think of pop music?

It Sucks Realy Really Really Bad

Mod Edit: Please add a bit more effort to your post as this is considered spam. (Why does it suck really bad?) Thanks.

don't like it that much. most songs sing about the same shit over again because....its every where. i dont really listen to that kind of music. but y'know not all are bad but...i'll pass. thats just my oppinion.

When I was younger, pop was all I ever listened to. Now I'm more into rock and metal, but I still like some pop. I listen to Britney Spears stuff (please don't shoot me xD) and Rihanna, who is listed as a pop artist I think.. I really enjoy their songs, as well as some from a few different artists.

So no, I don't think pop songs suck. Some are actually quite good. I wouldn't want to listen to it all day everyday, but I do get enjoyment out of the ones I do like.

I dunno what is for you guys the meaning of pop music. I think that you think pop it´s what the radio plays over and over. I mean that are songs that can be popular but it ain´t POP. I guess pop/rock suck as well, but I used to like it some years ago. Now I like more rnb, soul and some hip-hop, but in my opinion I do not call it pop.

I listen to pop music when I am with my girls driving in my car. I like Delta Goodrem because she pop but lame like some of the other pop artists today.

I don't mind pop music; it's better than listening to rappers and wannabe slutty girlbands.

now im more of a metalhead, i cant stand pop music. i used to like when i was young, but now ive grown up, ive come to realise just how terrible it actually it is

I feel pop music is a very important double-edged sword.

Pop music carries people through the decades and gives us a reference point for other means of entertainment (novels, movies). Pop mechanics in music are also evident in every genre in music and is impossible to deny its influence (even today's Top 40) on even the most underground of bands.

In the immortal words of Liz Enthusiasm: "Pop Music is Not a Crime". :)

Meh, most pop these days is rubbish imo, it all sounds the same to me and they all sing about the same things. Programmes like the X Factor should be banned for producing the same robotic popstars every year. :gasp:

I'll find the odd song good and maybe listen to it, but that's quite rare. I do listen to a lot of 80's/90's pop though because it was generally better than it is these days.

Pop music is just music thats popular at the moment and to be honest Im not a fan. I prefer listening to my rock that was out years ago then to the crap in charts now that consists of Pussycat Dolls, Keane, Will Young and once again Boyzone.

Ah, pop, the thing that seperates one decade from the next. Shame its getting a bit crap this decade.

Mind you though, some pop nowadays is quite good. I'm very variable when it comes to Pop music, some pop I hate, some I don't mind, and some makes me smile when it begins playing.

Pop music isn't the same like it was when I actually enjoyed it back in the 90s. Ugh... the pop music these days is just crappy. I have no interest in it at all anymore. I will just stick to my Evanescence music which is way better anyways.

Pop music...

If we're discussing the genre itself then I'm limited in my interests. The odd song can be quite catchy but, in the end, these "bands" (and by that, I mean a group of people / one artist who sings for the sake of being on the front page of a magazine) are destined to flop and it annoys me that they waste our time as such.

I find pop music annoying most of the time, the lyrics just seem so cheesy and it's not really my cup of tea, i don't think me and pop ever had a mutual bond between each other.

I'm not that type of guy.

I find it funny that Hanson is considered pop (it's more like rock/pop) and yet despite all the flak they're getting they're still light years ahead of many of the 'pop groups' these days too. Boo hoo. :monster:

Back