What final fantasy do you think was in the middle?

Cloud 2007

Blue Mage
Gil
What final fantasy do you think was in the middle? Which one do you think was no where near the best and no where near the worst??

III & V come to mind for me. III was fun to play but there wasn't really anything spectacular about it, nor was there anything horrible either. Same with V for the most part.

From an unbias viewpoint, I think this is how they are ranked overall in the views of FF fans in general:

FFVII
FFX
FFVI
FFXII
FFVIII
FFIX
FFIV
FFV
FFIII
FFI
FFII

I'd say FFVIII and FFIX are middle of the road one's even though they are total polar opposites in my preferences. I love FFIX while I wasn't too keen on FFVIII. However, these two games have been probably the most controversial games in all of FF history and you either love them or hate them. IFinding someone who loves both is about as rare as finding a Hemaphrodite Eskimo in Arizona.

FFVII for me anyway. It was alright, but I kind realised it didn't need glorifying.

bustamo said:
Finding someone who loves both is about as rare as finding a Hemaphrodite Eskimo in Arizona.

LOL wtf. I feel the same way though.
FFVIII eats dirt compared to FFIX.

And to think I used to have the exact opposite opinion.

Hmmm...for me...my favorites would go as follows:

FFVII and IX are tied
FFX
FFVI
FFXII
FFVIII

I guess that means FFVI is in the middle for me.
Though...the only reason I put X above it was because I just loved the gameplay.

Middle, middle. Hmm, that would be X. While I love the storyline, the gameplay did not really appeal to me. We couldn't explore the world thoroughly, control airships, and the mini-games weren't as fun and memorable. I love the characters though, so that's a plus.

Well, I'll list them here like Rhea and Busta did.

VII and VIII are tied.
IX
X
XII
X-2

So far, for me:

IX
XII
X
X-2
VIII

X for me. The only character I liked was Yuna, and the Aeons kicked ass. The gameplay didn't impress me all too much. The graphics were stunning when it was first released, and the FMV's blew me away. However, the story was far too linear for my taste. The only plot twist was at the end.

Wait, are we going by personal preference or overall general ratings by the fanbase? Hmmm, well if I had to choose the middle one of the one's on MY list, I'd have to put FFVI right smack-dab in the middle. It was a great game, but there are so many other great games in the series that I enjoyed far more than FFVI. Great characters, great stroy, but it was just pushed down the list by others like FFVII, IX, X, and V.

V? Nah, well in terms of characters from V..Gilgamesh alone pretty much owns everyone in VI, apart from Edgar, Ultros and Setzer.

The middle for me would have to be FFV and FFIX. They weren't that great to me, but they also weren't that bad, but I still enjoyed playing them

Final Fantasy VII
Final Fantasy X
Final Fantasy XII
Final Fantasy IX
Final Fantasy V
Final Fantasy II
Final Fantasy CI
Final Fantasy I
Final Fantasy VIII

That's my favorite to least favorite list... so Final Fantasy V falls right in the middle for me.

V? Nah, well in terms of characters from V..Gilgamesh alone pretty much owns everyone in VI, apart from Edgar, Ultros and Setzer.
Was that in regards to mine? Ah, well if so I just find the plot in FFV better than FFVI's. I enjoyed it more. The characters in FFVi are far better than FFV's, I agree there, but the plot is where my heart runs to. I loved FFVI's plot, but I was more into the FFV one for some reason. Probably because FFV was the first old school FF game I played.

my middle game would probadly be final fantasy v or xii these games were ok but nothing amazing.
the storyline of xii i thought was dissapointing. v was ok but i prefered iv and vi

I haven't played anything before 6.

I'd say FF12 was pretty middle of the road. The story was nothing spectacular. Battle system was meh. Character design was decent. Basically for an FF this was in the middle. Weapons weren't all that great. Bosses weren't all that scary.

Surprised people are saying FF9. FF9 had some of the best artwork i've ever seen in a FF. The character designs were amazing. Story was interesting. Kuja was a great nemesis. The characters' storylines were relaly well done. I mean cmon how many people felt bad for Vivi when he was discriminated against and found out that he might stop one day?

(i think they found out a way to increase the mage's lifespan so im pretty sure vivi didn't die)

Out of the titles I have played...

1. FFIX
2. FFVII
3. FFVI
4. FFVIII
5. FFIV
6. FFIII
7. FFX
8. FFXII

FFVIII and FFIV are in the middle. What the overall fans think it would probably be FFIX.

Back