What happened to Tidus??????

Actually, I liked X-2, but it wasn't the BEST game I've played. I liked it, but I'm not saying it's the BEST. I was satisfied with X-2's ending since they both got together again and it was a happy reunion. Don't flame me for this, but I have a theory about why Tidus came back into existence. Perhaps it was Yuna's strong feelings for him that made him real?

Perhaps it was Yuna's strong feelings for him that made him real?

We see the Fayth for Bahamut offer Yuna to bring Tidus back if she wants.
As a form of 'thank you,' I'm guessing. But in a sense you're right, seeing as the Fayth considered her feelings towards Tidus in order to actually thank her for her efforts.

Tidus is a dream of the fayth, like Supernova said...which is why in the end of FFX, when Yuna sends the aeons away (into the farplane), the fayth no longer exist in Spira, which then also means that they no longer dream of Tidus's being.

It makes no sense that Tidus would come back in X-2, because no matter how you look at it, the Fayth are permanantly dead.

X-2 ruined FFX's perfect ending.

Absoulutely agree. FFX was a great ending. Sad but great and SE had to ruin it with X-2.

It is ashame but when I think of the games, I tend to try and block out any of the sequels because they always ruin the story. Especially FFVII, when is the story 'Final'?

I always loved the ending of the game, it made sence, then X-2 coems along and ruins my world. I've played it, it's a okay game, but shouldn't a game sequal at elast have some characteristics of the game? Sphere-Grid and Turn based would have been nice... and yes, SE, DID whore Yuna and Rikku up...

I always loved the ending of the game, it made sence, then X-2 coems along and ruins my world. I've played it, it's a okay game, but shouldn't a game sequal at elast have some characteristics of the game? Sphere-Grid and Turn based would have been nice... and yes, SE, DID whore Yuna and Rikku up...

Dude have u noticed ever since SE the girls have started wearing less clothes the only girl (main charater) in XII wearing full clothes is penelo.

Oh yeah and tidus dissappered into the lost fragments of time and space trying to find his way back (that's why i think that he came back in ffX-2 but that's just a logical (if you can call it logical) way of thinking)

Last edited:
No, Tidus "Came back" because Yuna wished it to be in the Perfect Ending of X-2. Which ticked a lot of us off, cause it ruined what X's ending was. Tidus jumps off and goes into the clouds to see Braska, Auron and Jecht, who are dead, and high five his dad. Now, doesn't that make a good ending? To leave Tidus as he is, to most likely go into the farplane with the others?

Tidus was of the Dream World in X. The Fayth summoned him. The person responsible for the Fayths Dreams are Sin. Jecht is Sin. Jecht summoned Tidus into the real world for the new summoner Yuna, just as he protected Braska and Auron and sacrificed himself for Braska and Auron. I think Tidus was summoned by the Fayth to take Jechts spot but in the end it works out differently. They defeat Yu Yevon and the Final Summoning, and Spira is saved forever. Tidus sleeps forever in Zanarkand....This happens because there is no need for the Fayth to dream. And when the Fayth stop dreaming they die.
I havent played X-2 so i dont know what the heck happens in it. but i handed over my thoughts

Although it's sad, I love FFX end. It's romantic, and gives a great messagge to the player: never forget your dreams, even when they are lost. Dreamin' is wonderful.
FFX is a true masterpiece... :P

Back