Votes: 24 63.2%
  • The world/atmosphere

Votes: 14 36.8%
  • Nostalgia

Votes: 17 44.7%
  • Something else

Votes: 11 28.9%

• Total voters
Greeeeaaat contribution in your post there Urbanism. :rolleyes: How about you guys pay attention to the site rules and put more thought into your posts instead of spamming? Next spam post I see the person will receive an infraction.

FFVII?

The reason why I play it from time to time is because of Sephiroth. Really.

Especially when you're fighting him... and when he kills Aerith...

Meh, Sephiroth bores me as a villain. I love the Turks though, and Hojo is just a crazy mofo. He's definitely much more suited as a villain. Actually, I think it was Sephiroth who put it best, "that man is a walking mass of complexes." Come to think of it, Sephiroth was a MUCH better character in the flashbacks and stuff, when he was relatively normal. Once he got all evil and they tried to make him spooky or mysterious or w/e, I lost interest.

Greeeeaaat contribution in your post there Urbanism. :rolleyes: How about you guys pay attention to the site rules and put more thought into your posts instead of spamming? Next spam post I see the person will receive an infraction.

Ok then; I'll lengthen it:

FFVII?

Sephiroth has made his mark in video gaming history I believe. The whole bad-guy-who-destroys-the-world concept really got developed by him in the early days of popular gaming IMO. He also got golden ten years ago. In other words, he's like the mid life crisis of gaming.

Even with that said though, this villain should just stay in FFVII. When you put him in say KH, you're really just using an old formula except with new ingredients.

So that's why I play FFVII from time to time; cause there's where Sephiy was best at. And also because of his Masamune.

Hopefully, this isn't considered spam. * crosses fingers*

I just like to reminisce the last time i got to a certain part in the game, how old i was and how i felt. When certain songs come on i just get a tingle through my spine that just feels so peaceful. My last playthrough I just got out of midgar, and the main theme plays and i just stood there listening to it because to me it was the most powerful song. So Nostalgia is my most pulling factor to replaying the game.. Just started to replay the game on psp.. Music is great with a set of skull candy earbuds. :) :)

Ok then; I'll lengthen it:

FFVII?

Sephiroth has made his mark in video gaming history I believe. The whole bad-guy-who-destroys-the-world concept really got developed by him in the early days of popular gaming IMO. He also got golden ten years ago. In other words, he's like the mid life crisis of gaming.

Even with that said though, this villain should just stay in FFVII. When you put him in say KH, you're really just using an old formula except with new ingredients.

So that's why I play FFVII from time to time; cause there's where Sephiy was best at. And also because of his Masamune.

Hopefully, this isn't considered spam. * crosses fingers*

Olawl, Sephi is a mid-life crisis :wacky:

I rather agree with you about him though. I think Kefka did a much better job at the whole destroying the world thing, but VII is what helped bring RPGs to the mainstream and Cloud and Sephi were the poster boys. And he is a functional villain within VII, although not brilliant. I think some of the others make up for him though, such as Rufus and Hojo. But he definitely needs to be let go, he's simply too overused and there are other FF villains who deserve a chance to shine.

Lawl, and no worries, it's not spam. We just like it when opinions one has are expounded upon :neomon:

I just like to reminisce the last time i got to a certain part in the game, how old i was and how i felt. When certain songs come on i just get a tingle through my spine that just feels so peaceful. My last playthrough I just got out of midgar, and the main theme plays and i just stood there listening to it because to me it was the most powerful song. So Nostalgia is my most pulling factor to replaying the game.. Just started to replay the game on psp.. Music is great with a set of skull candy earbuds. :) :)

Ah, I get that feeling alot from VII's song, and even more so from IX. Of course the musically-induced nostalgia has the nasty side effect of making me want to play w/e OST I'm listening to...which is half the reason I never finish my RPG's -__-;

It is mostly for nostalgia that I keep playing. Playing FFVII reminds me of being a kid, and all the fun stuff that comes with it. I guess the music is the most nostalgic part of FFVII for me, and I love all the tunes on there.

The other thing that keeps me coming back is Emerald/Ruby. I'm ashamed to admit that I've never conquered this little babies, and I end up abandoning my save files about 60 hours in to play another game.

The other thing that keeps me coming back is Emerald/Ruby. I'm ashamed to admit that I've never conquered this little babies, and I end up abandoning my save files about 60 hours in to play another game.
Aye... I too have never been able to defeat them, mainly 'cause I never get enough time, and my bro or someone ends up playing the game, and unabling me to, for then it is HIS game...

However, the soundtrack is one of the best (if not the best) that there have been for any game like it, :) Also, the world, the characters... they're all... so... well made...

Okay, finally, I'm playing Crisis Core, and it urges me to replay... XD

The reason i keep playing is mainly it was my first FF. Once i decide to play through it again i cant stop for some reason.

FFVII is my first rpg game.... that's y i like it >.< lol
i replay about 7times.... and i think i will start another new game after i finish crisis core =.= (i hope SE remake FFVII >.<)

*sephiroth is the coolest boss i find in all final fantasy games lol

It's the characters and the story to me. I've thought a lot of times, Why do I like this game? It's incredibly depressing and confusing. But that's part of the charm. There are so many characters and so MUCH story that you really do see something new every time you play it. The world is so rich that it's hard to explain it all properly in one game.

Why d i play? no, its not for some random thing like the charcters...O.K. nvm, its mainly teh caracters and worlds. I mean, with all the customizable parties and stufz like that, who wouldnt want to play? Even if Sephy aint t best villian throughout the game, he is the one you fight at the end... They could do a few improvements on the FINAL battle between cloud and Sephy, like give im some good attacks insead of just standing there most of teh time. But its also the way the whole gameplay itself brings the game together as good as it does, and thats why i like it.

YaY

there isn't one thing that keeps me playing this game as i love everything about it, asides the bloody Golden Saucers battle arena. my current game is the only time throught that i am having trouble collecting the bloody points to get Omnislash and thus stopping me being able to get W-Summon because it cost even more I'm like ARGH!!!!!! cos i keep getting my health cut so i have like 1800 ish in the final fight and then it's a case of getting cut down on the turn i use meteorain or Finishing touch

The 2 things, the world and the characters. The world is just so intersting to me. For some reason I always seem to relate the the characters.

I really like the storyline and the characters especially Cloud and Sephiroth, for some reasons I don't get bored becoz of it

Just a little poll here. I wanna know what keeps you guys coming back for multiple playthroughs. Do you think the story and characters are fantastic? Is it the world that draws your attention? Is it simply the nostalgia factor? Or something else entirely? For me, I love the world and atmosphere...and there's a good dose of nostalgia thrown in there as well.

And let me say something to try to stave off the inevitable: if you haven't played VII, then DO NOT post in this thread to bump your post count. This thread only applies to those of us who've played the game -__-;

yea im a fanboy of sony and last time i checked we were talking about hand helds not consoles. and about the ds coming out with better game whats up with that? who wants to play math games? not me for sure or what about that dog game? woooow that sounds soooo fun ( sit boy sit..... good boy) my life is now complete now that i tought him to sit.

but for the game the characters and story is what brings me back. It mostly the story. if the game has no story theres no point in playing it.
i just bought crisis core for my PSP (which is better then the ds!!! LOL) and how they were able to conect that game to the ff7 for ps1 is amazing.

GOOOOO PSP/SONY woooooooo!!!!!:D

and ur quote were supposed to show so now it looks like im radomly talking about nothing lol

I wanted my save file to be complete. All ultimate weapons acquired, all materia mastered (except underwater), all at level 99, all with 255 stats, all limits acquired, and all enemy skill learned. I missed a few items on my playthroughs :cool:

A combination of doing new stuff, like FINALLY beating the WEAPONS, experimenting with Final Boss Parties. (I'm finally gonna beat the game with Tifa AND Cait Sith.) And finally, RESOLVE! THAT'S what makes anyone keep playing, am I right?

Back