What's your favorite singer?

Laro

Unsent
Veteran
Gil
Vincent
I've seen the thread simialar to this ("what's your favorite band") but I've been granted permission to make a thread asking: What's your favorite singer?

Either a female or male. The person can be from a band or solo.

e.g Madonna, Bono, Soulja Boy etc.

Write how, why and when you like this singer.

I had to make this thread because I'd much preffer solo singers.

My favourite would be Avril Lavigne. Her song 'sk8terboy' made me like her. This was almost two years ago. I've watched some of her videos on youtube and I eventually started liking her. I've many favs but she seems to stand out for a moment.

Uhm, well Freddie Mercury because I like Queen, and then Daniel Bedingfield because... well I think he's a good singer and I like all his songs. :rolleyes:

hmmm Tarja Turunen i suppose, she's an amazing soprano..

i'm not really into solo singers.. so yeah :/

otherwise i really like Andrea Dätwyler and Cristina Scabbia, both very great metal vocalists, but i guess they don't count cause they aren't really solo artists, right?

if i could tell about band leads i could really suggest many, but actual solo singers isn't something i'm into

I probably couldn't pick one person, but the likes of Bob Dylan, Bruce Springsteen, PJ Harvey and Bjork are all big favourites of mine. Whether it's having a distinctive vocal style, great songwriting, great songs (and often all three), they stand out from the crowd.

hmmm Tarja Turunen i suppose, she's an amazing soprano..

i'm not really into solo singers.. so yeah :/

otherwise i really like Andrea Dätwyler and Cristina Scabbia, both very great metal vocalists, but i guess they don't count cause they aren't really solo artists, right?

if i could tell about band leads i could really suggest many, but actual solo singers isn't something i'm into
It doesn't have to be a solo. It can be a random singer from a band.

Pavarotti. Nobody could sing like him *sniff*

So. Fucking. True. Notte is such a powerful song, as is Caruso. And his rendition of O Holy Night is stunning, and I typically hate Christmas hymns. If I had less of a brain that song alone would convert me to Christianity.

There's only one singer in the world who really impresses and shocks me, more than any other.

And that is the Russian singer, Vitas.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YjO_VXHxsRw
Just wait till you get to 0:45. That guy is insane.

Seems like he's copying Klaus Nomi's style...although it's impressive he can even do that. Here, have sum Klaus.

Now lets see, other singers. Putting aside the music itself, and basing it on vocal talent...definitely Mikael Åkerfeldt of Opeth. He can do such uber metal growls, then turn right around and sing a gorgeous song.

Another one I'd pick is David Dramain of Disturbed, his rougher voice and his barks are great but so is his singing.

And the last I can think of off the top of my head, Gackt, from his Malice Mizer days to his current pop star days. I don't care what the hell anyone says, his voice is sex.

Hrmm I can't think of anyone, Im trying not to go with someone from a band

*thinks*

OOH I likes David Bowie, he just has a really cool voice and I likes him :monster:

Seems like he's copying Klaus Nomi's style...although it's impressive he can even do that. Here, have sum Klaus.

I definitely wouldn't say he's copying off of his style, he's just another Soprano singer, they're rare, but they exist. Vitas just went for more of a pop-oriented edge. He's great though, I love watching his videos.

I have a few favorites...

+David Bowie
+Enya
+Stevie Nicks
+Nick Cave
+PJ Harvey
+Pat Benatar
+Meat Loaf
+Idina Menzel
+Gackt
And a few others.

I definitely wouldn't say he's copying off of his style, he's just another Soprano singer, they're rare, but they exist. Vitas just went for more of a pop-oriented edge. He's great though, I love watching his videos.

Klaus did 80's pop...very WEIRD 80's pop...I could have fucking sworn I'd heard that song Vitas was doing though. Now it's going to drive me crazy -__- Vitas is certainly much more attractive though xD

And how could I forget Freddy Mercury? The Show Must Go On is probably one of the most epic songs, and I couldn't picture it with anyone else's voice:

Klaus did 80's pop...very WEIRD 80's pop...I could have fucking sworn I'd heard that song Vitas was doing though. Now it's going to drive me crazy -__- Vitas is certainly much more attractive though xD

I'm nearly positive that song was written by Vitas, but it is possible that Klaus was an influence of his. Vitas is pretty good looking though. I like his rendition of Lucia di Lammermoor:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Za1756Ct2h0

And this video always cracks me up. It was on a Russian-styled 'American Idol' sort of show, where the contestant was supposed to sing Vitas' 'Opera 2.' Only problem was, Vitas actually came out to perform with her...and she FAILED. Watching him show off was hilarious.

Here's that video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1xlEZ1udpT0

I'm nearly positive that song was written by Vitas, but it is possible that Klaus was an influence of his. Vitas is pretty good looking though. I like his rendition of Lucia di Lammermoor:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Za1756Ct2h0

I know I've heard it elsewhere before...but maybe it was performed by him and I just can't bloody think straight. Either way, he's really good, and I would totally secks him too.

That video cracks me up too, it's all epic and with him making all those dramatic poses, I keep expecting him to go super sayain or something and destroy Frieza with his voice.

And this video always cracks me up. It was on a Russian-styled 'American Idol' sort of show, where the contestant was supposed to sing Vitas' 'Opera 2.' Only problem was, Vitas actually came out to perform with her...and she FAILED. Watching him show off was hilarious.

Here's that video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1xlEZ1udpT0

Oh dear sweet Jesus, she's awful x_X And with her hair all greased back like that it almost looks like she has a mullet.

I like Mary J Blige, I don't really play favorites though

Firstly it should be who is your favourite singer:wacky:

Off the top of my head I'd say; Robert Plant, Axl Rose, John Lennon and Alice Cooper. People have already said Freddie mercury so there isn't much point repeating him.

Also Brett Anderson from Suede has an amazing voice so he fits the criteria for who is my favourite singer.
And Barry White and Matt Bellamy for great justice

A few of you probably know of her, but Lea Salonga is just divine. Definitely one of my favorite singers out there as her voice is simply just beautiful yet powerful.

Whitney Houston, Diana Ross, Rod Stewart, Linda Ronstadt, Allison Krauss, Sarah Brightman, Luther Vandross, and Billy Joel are a few of my favorites as well.

Back