What's your favorite singer?

A few of you probably know of her, but Lea Salonga is just divine. Definitely one of my favorite singers out there as her voice is simply just beautiful yet powerful.
Oooh I love her. I made a thread about her before but I think only you and I posted in it. xD She's one of my favourites as far as solo singers go, especially as the Disney princesses and Anastasia etc.

Mandy Moore's voice is just amazing, Only Hope still gives me the chills. x.x I think Dolores O'Riordan (from The Cranberries) has a great voice and I love her singing style too. Um.. Elvis Costello, Gwen Stefani (when she was in No Doubt anyway, her solo stuff is mostly awful D=), Debbie Harry (Blondie), Madonna, Gabrielle, Sarah Brightman, LeAnn Rimes, Jonathan Richman, Billy Joel, Shirley Manson (from Garbage), Eva Cassidy, Robert Smith, Nina Persson, David Bowie and Elton John are some more off the top of my head. ><

Last edited:
Dan Marsala, lead of Story of The Year

amazing singer in many aspects, live or recorded he sings downright amazing and it's actually fun to listen to him(unlike many other singers) and there's very little difference between him singing and live or recorded(ofcourse, voice fatigue can make him sing pretty screwed up, but i think most punk-style singers have that since they scream often)

he's definitely a favorite

Lea Salonga is cool...She's kind of like a national artist/heroine where i come from.

Billie Holiday, Ella Fitzgerald, Astrud Gilberto. I wasn't even born during that time.

Yeah! Fellowpeople! :)

Anyway, I like David Cook for now. (Yes, I watch American Idol. :wacky:)

But in all honesty, he does have an amazing voice.

I like Sharon den Adel of Within Temptation. Tarja is also has an incredible voice. For men I have to go with Vitas for sheer power and impressiveness. Ville Valo of HIM also has a wonderful voice. I also love Tony of Sonata Arctica. I could keep going but I'd end up just naming all my favorite bands.

Oooh I love her. I made a thread about her before but I think only you and I posted in it. xD She's one of my favourites as far as solo singers go, especially as the Disney princesses and Anastasia etc.

Strangely enough I find myself agreeing with that, her cover versions of 'I will go the Distance' (Hercules) and 'You'll be in My Heart (Tarzan) were absolutely amazing.

Steven Tyler, Bono and Alice Cooper are epic...as is Brian Johnson:monster:
...Bon Scott was better that Johnson...unfortunately he dropped down dead.

Last edited:
I do believe he died in a car:wacky:

Kurt Cobain for great justice
And Mick Jagger, he has an icredibly distinctive voice

Last edited:
Freddie Mercury (yes again, because he was that damn good),
Ronnie James Dio (such a powerful voice, though get him on a bad day and he can sound dire),
Ray Gillen,
Ian Gillan,
Glenn Huges (ok so by now you should know im a huge Purple and Sabbath fan, but those last four are EPIC),
King Diamond (he does things with his voice that one could not of thought possible),
Matt Barlow (has alot of emotion in his voice, even in heavier songs),
Geddy Lee (how he can sing that well whilst playing the Bass is outstanding),
David Coverdale (I might dislike the guys image but can't deny he is a pretty darn good vocalist),
Bruce Dickinson (more his solo work from '97 onwards and his newer albums with Maiden rather that the 80's and definitly early 90's. His voice has become so so gooood),
Matt Bellamy (good range always leaving me impressed)

There are TONS more I could list, but I won't.

These days I listen to Michael Jackson and Rihanna a lot. But If I had topick only it would MJ.

James Mercer has a fantastic voice. It's really soothing and therefore fits The Shins' genre perfectly well.
Bono of U2 also has a wonderful voice and can put so much emotion into the way he sings, or so it seems to me.
And of course, Mr. Bellamy. I respect him so much as a singer just as much as an excellent guitarist. He can do such a good falcetto voice, which is a very rare thing.

These days I listen to Michael Jackson and Rihanna a lot. But If I had topick only it would MJ.

Rihanna has some good songs. i love her duet with the dream, Livin' a Lie, such a great song.

who doesn't like MJ?!

anyway, i have a few favorite singers..mostly are from bands lol.
Maynard James Keenan (Tool/A Perfect Circle), he has such a beautiful soft voice. Cristina Scabbia (Lacuna Coil) has to be my favorite female singer. her vocals are so powerful! Bjork, sure she screams in a very strange way but thats what makes her music so unique. Ann Wilson (Heart), Madonna, Selena, Sarah Brightman, Sarah McLachlan, and...i think thats it lol xDD

My favourite front-man is Kurt Cobain.

A close second to Mr. Cobain is Dave Grohl. After that probably Billy Corgan.

The singer whom I think has the most talent over all others would probably be someone like Michael Jackson, Prince, R. Kelly...someone like that.

Peter Tägtgren! Just love the way he uses his voice to change the rytm of the music

Bah I can't resist saying Bono, I love his voice, it's just so sexy and U2 are like my favourite ever.

He has sang some of my favourite songs and they just wouldn't be the same without him <3

David Cook from American Idol lol.

Mod Edit: Please a little more effort to your post. Thanks.

Too much to list since I listen to different genres and like different stuff but I at the moment I am really loving alot of country female singers like:

Taylor Swift, Miranda Lambert & Carrie Underwoo =D

....But my all time favorite singer is Avril Lavigne. She got me through tough times with her album "Under My Skin"

i found that Matthew Tuck's performance in Waking The Demon really amazing.. in both versions

one version has a LOT of screaming in it, i bet that will fatigue the voice really hard, i wonder how he sings it live and if he can keep it up

the other version, the video version, has some parts that are normally screamed converted into normal singing and he does that really amazing as he has this typical teen voice which really fits in with Metalcore and other punk influenced genres

although Dan Marsala is still my top favorite, i really like Matt Tuck as well

further i like Andrea Dätwyler as well, she's a swiss metal singer, lead of Lunatica
she has a pretty high pitched/childlike voice in some songs, which i think works pretty well in Symphonic context(Lunatica is a symphonic metal band)

that is a hard one because i like a lot of singers/bands....but if i had to reduce the list to a top 10 it would have to be
10. kelly clarkson
9. justin timberlique
8. dragonland
7. gackt
6. everlast
5. utada hikaru
4. OneRepublic
3. Lostprophets
2. My Chemical Romance
1. Metallica

that is my top ten favorite singers/bands

Back