What's your team like?

My first play through was Cloud, Cid and Red.

Second, Cloud, Cid, Vincent, as was my third.

Fourth, Cloud, Cid, Tifa.

Fifth, Cloud, Vincent, Tifa.

This time, Cloud, Tifa, Barret.

I'll probaby use Vincent, Cloud and Red next time I play.

I make sure I use everyone so their level are around the same. SInce I know that Aeris will leave the party, I used her a lot until she got all her limit breaks! However, whenever I enter a town, I take both Aeris and Tifa as they have the most interesting conversations! haha! Only just got Cid and Vincent so I rarely use them. Will use them more later.

I always use...Cloud Tifa Aerith.When Aerith is gone,my team is like this.
Cloud Tifa Vincent.I put Vincent for the sake of my sister that likes him,XD.

I don't usually have any problem with them,since all can become very powerful with levelling up and since it's a hobby of mine...haha.The first time I played Tifa was very important since for some reason she'd beat down all the bosses with her limit break,ahaha.She was very valuable and her limit is preffered for bosses rather a group of monster.Cloud has many different Limit breaks that either attack one enemy or all,or cause status effects.If Aerith lived I'd have her till the end of the game.Her limit break has always been very very helpful.I might be a person who prefers offensive types,but she did the best job as supportive and I bet if she had her 4th level limit break you could be unbeatable.
As for Vincent,I don't find it that good for me when his limit break kicks in cause he goes berserk and in a very crucial battle,if he's the only one alive and he does whatever he wants there's a high risk you'll lose,I don't like that uncertainty,haha.But the good thing is that he doesn't have a problem with flying enemies.

My best team is Cloud, Cid, and Yuffie. Barret is an option but his ultimate weapon is based on how much AP the materia has on it. Tifa is a great fighter and early in the game her limits are powerful since they are chains, however I don't approve of her Ultimate weapon very much like Barret. Cid is based on how much MP he has. The more MP he has the more he hits for, so I strap on a MP plus materia and keep him from using magic. Yuffie is just great at morphing enemies. I really don't see a weakness to her weapon at all. I would like to note that I keep Yuffie at limit level 3 cause Doom of the living hits for crazy damage and the other is a powerful attack to all enemies like "All Creation".

So its Cloud, Yuffie, and Cid.

cloud yuffie and tifa, all the way through when i had the choice, although i wouldve replaced cloud with vincnt were it possible :)

On my first play-through I had Cloud, Vincent, Yuffie. And I got my dream-team when Cloud got stuck in the Lifestream and Cid became team leader. Because then I had a team with my three favourite good-side characters.

Cloud, Red XIII, Aerith

After Aerith leaves

Cloud, Red XIII, Tifa

Both teams work well.

Cloud, Barrett and Tifa was my first team of choice and not just because that what you start out with come the second mission near the beginning. Some times I would switch between Tifa and Aerith as Aerith was pretty handy to me on the defensive side of things while Tifa help kick butt.

right now i am part of the way through and my team is cloud, aerith ( healer) and vincent, i wiill update as i progress

My team was Cloud, Barrett, and Red XIII. They dealt the kind of damage that I needed. I abused the item that caused you to take more damage in exchange for a bigger limit growth. Once I got Omnislash, I spammed it on bosses and it got the job done.

During my current play through of VII, I have decided to make my team Cloud(DUH!), Red and Tifa. I'm making Cloud the tank, Red is my black mage/summoner and Tifa is my healer. Now I have never gone through the whole game with Tifa. I actually have never seen all her limit breaks on the game(I've seen youtube/pictures only). I've seen up to the Dolphin Blow so far, and let me tell you, that is that most RIDICULOUS attack in the game.

My party would either be Cloud, Cid, and Nanaki(Red XIII). Or I'd have in Cloud, Yuffie, Cid.
I've never really bothered with Cait Sith, Tifa, Barrett, or Vincent.

I tend to favour the girls, so during the first part of the game my party is Cloud, Tifa and Aerith. After the Temple of the Ancients, it's usually Cloud, Tifa, and Yuffie. Though now I'm starting to branch out and have whoever happens to be in the party when I finish my training session.

I always try to use every character but the team I use the most is Cloud, Cid and Red XIII

Back