What's your time and strategy for yiazmat?

Yeah, you defintely will need to level up your chars a lot more than what you have them at now...no doubt. I just accepted the Yiazmat hunt today and took about 4 Mil off him in about half an hour's time. My levels are 83 for Balthier, Vaan, and Basch.

that's pretty slow.

I just have the classic basic gambits for my party ( buff , attack and so ) , so I need to do everything ( decoy, reverse, curaja when I need , etc ) manually, cause they are very "delicate" skills to hang. So that swallows me lots of time ( I have the option of battle pause when I choose what to do with my characters too ), even so.. it took me like 4 hours the take 75% of his HP.

Right now there's like 5 bars left and I got angry cause he gets insanely annoying ( not hard ) so I'm cheatin ff12 with KH >=(

Later I will beat him, but I guess it's goin to take me more time than I thought.

Yeah, you defintely will need to level up your chars a lot more than what you have them at now...no doubt. I just accepted the Yiazmat hunt today and took about 4 Mil off him in about half an hour's time. My levels are 83 for Balthier, Vaan, and Basch.

How high should I get them? Right now Vaan Basch and Ashe are level 83-84 so it would be easy to level the rest for quite a bit...but Im just hoping I dont need to bring my alternates much past 60 or so

So far my other's (Fran, Ashe, and Penelo) are at levels 31,36, and 30 respectively. I haven't touched them since the Feywood I think. I'm only focusing on using my main 3 in high levels and the others I bring in if all 3 become Disabled, Dead, or such and other. Whatever. I'd jsut focus on main 3 and not worry about the hassle of needing to bring everyone else up to par.

damn I need 3 ribbons T_T , or 2..

add: btw, ribbon cancels Death?

?!?!

i never been to the meaner bosses i havent even got to chaos yet but i have been wondering how the hell would all characters spread out?! i have been reading some guides and somehow they will say to spread out but i cant seem to do this specially with the fight to fanrir because they usually gather around him and almost got me game overed during that time, after that fight i now tried reading guides because i dont want to use all my hi-ethers and elixir with out much stock of these items because i know there is always a better way. so back to my original question how do u spread them out?!

I really think the "go away and come back" system is a bit lame. But maybe after I've experienced it first-hand my opinion may change.

Just following from the "usual" methods it's out there. Maybe I just need to give it some time to ajust. After all it's worth trying the new things right?

i never been to the meaner bosses i havent even got to chaos yet but i have been wondering how the hell would all characters spread out?! i have been reading some guides and somehow they will say to spread out but i cant seem to do this specially with the fight to fanrir because they usually gather around him and almost got me game overed during that time, after that fight i now tried reading guides because i dont want to use all my hi-ethers and elixir with out much stock of these items because i know there is always a better way. so back to my original question how do u spread them out?!

The way I do it is quite simple, First get your tank and get him attacking the boss, once it starts hitting your tank back into a corner if you want, I dont know why but I like to just out of habit. Once there switch characters to your second melee guy (if you have one) and move him to the back leg of the big baddie, switch over to the last character and move him right in between but farther back from the other two. Characters might get slightly out of position once in a while but not really too much I find.

I've never had only one melee guy but what I think you'd want to do is make it a kind of triangle, if the boss doesnt move around much or knock you back I'd say have the melee guy up front at the boss and the other two behind him, not side by side but still in range to support each other, heal the tank and if there is any lull in the damage throw some offensive spells on the boss.

yiazmat

what if i keep saving when i fight yiazmat would his hp not regenerate?!because i happen to deal atleast two bars yet...

Man, the time it would take for you to keep running out and saving and running back in...its not worth it that much anyway. If you're at the point where you NEED to save to get your health and mana up constantly or else you die against him, you're going to be doing much more running back and forth than you will do actually fighting. I havent tested it myself (I might tonight though just for fun) but I heard if you are in the arena but arent fighting him for long enough then he does regenerate. So I guess if you're taking forever to run away from him or taking forever to commence the battle again, yes he should get health back. I dont know how much and how fast though

grrrrrrr

i actualy tried different strategies. i even tried equipping mirrormail then i run and stay behind the wall but somehow im not into it not enough action and he cast himself a regen. i stop doing it when he healed himself and got 4 orbs of health.it took me a while to realize what suits me. i got all 99 leveled characters but i dont have that strong weapons only ultima blade, masamune and whale whiskers. gambits for now is are just arise and bubble and shell, the healing are being done manually.

i beserk one character alternately. so far im have him down to last 13-15 orbs of health and it took me 6 hours to do it...

damn yagyu blade- i have been killing bomshell for almost 3-4 hours and i still didnt get the damn blade. im sure having this would really make a difference

wait till u get to the last 2 orb health

damn this mark i got him to the last 5 until the last 2 and one of the guy was right that it doesnt have enought time to buff just arise and attack gambit. then when yiazmat was down to the last two that is when i got game overed grrrrrrrrrrr... any help guys?! i have done the one char first for cyclone and another for the reflectga.it did help but i dont know what to do. anyway i havent done the decoy and reverse thing.

to whom would i cast that to my char!? i think if i do that it is better to cast it before entering right?! since when all the char are in front of the mark there would not be enough time.....

damn hunt!!!!!!!!!! :) this is whats wrong when players dont ahve that much strong weapon...

it feel so great after defeating a hard a$$ boss in more 10 hours- though, i think its more like 12 hours max. like they said the only way for me was to inverse all of my characters...

gamits are after (when yiazmat has less that 5 orbs)

any-arise
self-reverse
foe-attack

thanks for the info from other players... kudos to us all!!!!!!!!!

Last edited:
Back