Where did you train?

Vicious Heart

ShinRa Guard
Gil
Obviously at some point you realized...*ok, I'm going to be owned if I don't level up...* So where would you go to level up quickly?

Personally I preferred the second disk, there's this mountain side with a monster called vegsa, or vesage or something like that>_<. One head and two hands sticking out, I actually managed to level my character's to level 100, before reaching disk three, where it was just total dominance.

Hmm, there were two islands that I trained at in Disc 3 or 4...Islands Closest to Hell and Islands Closest to Heaven. Oh yes, my favorite places to train overall in the game. There are tons of draw points, so I was both stocking up on items and training at the same time.

I felt like I was in heaven, alright! :D They had some pretty sweet magics there. But then I also felt like I was in hell due to the hardship of the battles. Those enemies are so damn hard that I found myself dying quite a lot of times even at level 50+. (Don't really remember what level I was when I first got there, but it was pretty high.)

Yeah, Islands closest to Heaven/Hell. Best places to train, highest level monsters, plus all those draw points!

I visited there a few times, mostly to get my gf's up to mark, I think the hardest enemies I had to fight, was getting the Tonberry king to show up..XP
To take out 50 of the little guys in a session to make him appear was just wrong.

I didnt really spend time lvling up because I was always the right level for each boss.
But I loved fighting in the Monster area in Balamb garden, right at the beginning. Fighting Trexaur was a bit tricky but then he gave me loads exp and I got to about lvl 20 before I had to even go on the first seed mission.

everywhere!

Question: Do the bosses levels change if you train like the wild monsters do?

No, most bosses do have a HP range depending on your level. Bosses levels average out depending on your character levels.

I usually trained on the Island closest to Hell. Island closest to Heaven had weaker and less kinds of monsters.

Boss levels do scale to you, but most of them have a cap, so if you overlevel generally, then they should be maxed out generally anyway.

As for where i train, thought the game i find my levels to be average and they are fine. Once you have the Ragnarok, head over to beat Ultime Weapon, fighting every enemy on the way down (Encouners are preset on the way down) Going in at the top at about Lv30, you should be coming back out again Lv50ish.

After the game is completed, for maxing out levels the best places to train are undoubtedly the Islands of Heaven and Hell.

not to mention the fact that it's almost impossible to lose to enemies in the fire cavern, even at the start.

I actually trained anywhere nearby with plenty of roaming space since the monsters levelled up with Squall. =]

Umm...you guys do realize that overleveling in this game will hurt you much more than it helps, right? Around Disc 2, the level cap on most of the bosses is lifted and they grow along with you all the way up to Level 100. Real strength is acquired through proper use of the Junction System, which, in turn, is done by playing hours upon hours of Triple Triad. You can get your Attack up to (I believe) 87 before you even go to fight Ifrit if you're determined enough. And keep in mind that this is without leveling up at all.

Meh, there were a lot of locations that I used while leveling up.

In the middle of the game, I always used the Training Garden to level up everyone's stats to decent mid-levels.

Farther into the game, once I had the Ragnarok, I would pretty much use the Island Closest to Hell as it had higher and stronger monsters. Another location I would use, was Cactuar Island to fully flesh out my GF's abilities.

Looks like a lot of people like the islands.I'd didn't spend much time there. I'm the kind of player who prefers to level up early, then go through with the storyline. But thats just me.

I don't quite see the need to level up as with other FF games. The enemies get stronger as you get stronger, so I'm not quite sure why it's so important to increase your level.

HOWEVER

Having your GFs learn all of their abilities seems like a much better use of time. I've spent hours on Cactuar Island. All of my GFs learned everything by early Disc 3.

Island Closest to Heaven and Hell.

At first though when I got there I put on the "No Encounters" ability and walked around collecting as much Draw Magic as possible to stack my stats and arsenel for later on in the game. Then I took off the ability and faced Cactuars and such.

I wasn't really a big fan of leveling up as I prefered to stay in low levels to keep the enemies' skills down, but I did like earning Ability points for my GFs.

Well early on, a great place to level was the hockey rink in the Garden. I'd kill off 2 party members and equip one character with all the GF's. By this point in the game I had GF's with all the attributes I wanted for leveling like +str +vit etc.

Also as mentioned above, the islands were good. Just put Quistis in the party and use degenerator a lot.

bosses just average out to your characters' levels. Like when you use the lamp to fight Diablos, if you fight him at a low level, he won't have the demi spell on him because he is at too low of a level but if you level up, he will too and he will have demi.As far as places to train...Islands closest to heaven and hell are the best. And to solve the problems with how strong the enemies are I just lowered Quistis' HP so that she could use her limit break and used degenerator on the enemies. Makes all of the battles a cinch and if she dies just use a Phoenix Down on her and she can use her limits again. :-)

Back