Votes: 5 25.0%
  • I prefer an ending, thanks.

Votes: 15 75.0%

• Total voters

Shenorai

The Spiritcaller
Veteran
Gil
Which do you prefer? The open ended anime/mangas that never seem to have any real conclusion (like all of the Dragon Ball series, Naruto, Golgo 13, etc.)? Or anime/mangas that seem to come to an end after a while (like Akira, Battle Royale, Neon Genesis Evangelion, etc.)?

Definitly the second half, usually when I'm really getting into an anime/manga, I start to really want to know how it's all going to conclude. Shows that seem to drag on season after season like Naruto and them seem to really bother me for some reason. I'm a big fan of all three you listed in the second half, and love the conclusions to all of them.

What I really don't like though are the ones that start off with a really good story line, but then turn into one of the never ending open ended ones, Berserk did that (the manga, not the tv show), and I thought that was too bad.

I agree with shenorai it gets rather boring with so many episodes, E.g. Naruto
I prefer an ending, i hate cliff hangers ect. cus it winds me up i want to know what would happen

I prefer a full ending, everythings wrapped up and sorted. Blood annoyed me for not explaining more, so thank God they released an series!

I do like Golgo 13 though, even though it's been going on since 1969, and is still continuing today. I think thats ridiculous, and I'm not going to spend all my money to keep up with a manga series in which the ending is always obvious.

I like a good ending like the next person but I also enjoy a good story nomatter how long it is. Even though it looks like I'm the only one I'm still sticking to my guns.

I usually prefer an ending. It feels like such a waste to watch an entire series only to have an ending that really doesn't wrap everything up.

The most annoying kinds of endings are those that just end because of low ratings, or disputes between the manga and anime writer or for whatever other reason. His and Her Circumstances is a good example of this.

I'd prefer an ending, however, I do enjoy the kinds where the endings leave you wanting more.

Even if it ends up being a let down cause you think there will be a sequel or more episodes I still like it to leave me guessing.

Even though I love DBZ, Naruto, and Inuyasha, I'm starting to prefer shorter animes (26 episodes at the most)

I like an ending myself. Sometimes the two elements become intertwined however. Dragon Ball Z for example, should have ended right after the Cell Games. That would have been the perfect scenario. I think everything after the Cell Games was mediocrity in full fledged form. Everything prior; incredible.

I like having an ending. I stopped watching InuYasha after I found out it was still going on Japan. o_O I love Miroku, but not that much. Sorry, Miroku-sama. <.<

I can't REALLY say. Something like Ouran, really. It has an ending, but it's also open. You know, you can make up what happens after, but there were enough loose ends tied up. (I live on fanfiction.)

Back