Which Materia

personally, i really like enemy skill, as it has a wide range of all the spells you'll need. i really like the skill goblin punch, as it does fairly decent damage, and it doesnt cost a single point of mp to use

Mime. While it isn't the most useful materia as it's own entity, when paired with other strategic materia combinations Mime is detrimental.

As an example...

Level Mime up 3x and equip one on each character. Using W-Summon, call Hades and then Knights of the Round with the first character. Hades will come casting "Stop" almost infallibly-- KoR will come clean house. Character two casts Mime and repeats the attack... Character three casts Mine and repeats the attack... first character casts Mime... on and on.

That attack is cheap as hell, but it will take down any opponent, including the WEAPONS.

I guess it was Quadra Magic, It's not the best Materia available but it was the best Materia I acquired on my first play through.

All and counter attack were great materia.

-mod edit-

Put a little more effort in your post please, maybe say WHY you prefer these materia, although it may be pretty obvious we would still like to hear your opinions =]

Last edited by a moderator:
For me, it is no questions asked, the 'all' materia. Not only did it do just as its name implies, allows you to cast support magic on everyone, but mastered it was worth like 1.2 million gil or something like that. Just selling my mastered 'all' materias I got so much gil that it wouldn't even fit on the save game screen. I loved it.

Put more effort n your post please, say why you thought it was the most useful, thanks

Favorite materia would be the extra mastered all materia, and Choco/Mog. The extra Master all materia can be sold for 500,000 Gil. And Choco/Mog, a very useful summon and barely took any MP away.

Cure and All seemed most important. I stuck primarily to summon/magic materia. To be honest, I didn't experiment much with different materia. What I had was working, so I decided not to change things up.

But yeah, Cure and All were the most important.

Probally enemy skill pretty much like a blue mage alot of helpful skills in that arsenal..

I'd have to go with Enemy Skill as well. With spells like Big Guard and white wind you really cant go wrong with it.

Back