Who find the 'Clash on the Big Bridge' (from the Gilgamesh battle) really catchy?

I quite enjoyed it myself. It's one of my favorite boss themes in fact. :hmmm:

There are quite a few versions of it as well. FFXII has a good one and I have a few piano versions of it. I still think the original is my favorite though. :lew:

I got to this part yesterday and I fell in love. I love epic parts like that. The whole big bridge battle was great and the song complemented it really really REALLY well. I can't stop listening to this tune now. I really can't. I have a craving.
I won't say this part stands out with its difficulty. I faced harder bosses earlier in game which taught me to do occassional grinding for EXP and AP, especially the latter, so that you can use a particular summon or a particular white/black magic. Besides - Zeninage skill off the Samurai job. Is it just me or is that skill absolutely overpowered?

I agree. This song is really catchy, and with my team of over-leveled characters, I easily stormed through the bridge. So, the music really fit the scenario: a mass of enemies lying in wait, and a group of sure-to-win protagonists that go through the area like some hurricane, leaving only devastation behind. :D I couldn't stop listening to the tune for quite a while after that.

It's only my favorite song from V, and I love the XII version too. Maybe that's why I love Gilgamesh! Or maybe it's because he is a complete nut-job.

It's only my favorite song from V, and I love the XII version too. Maybe that's why I love Gilgamesh! Or maybe it's because he is a complete nut-job.

Dude? Have you not heard the FF1 anniversary edition of the song.

Listening alone gives me an eargasm. FF5 & 12 had brilliant versions, but god is this one amazing 8D

I haven't fought him yet. I haven't had the patience to try and get through the Lifespring Grotto. I'll get to it at some point though!

Although, after looking on the Final Fantasy Wikia page, I do find this part to be quite surprising...

"Clash on the Big Bridge" is the most recorded of all the tracks in the Final Fantasy series, having ten official arrangements in total.

Really? More than the Prelude? Whoever put that must be nuts. The Prelude appears in every numbered game in some form (yes, even XIII)

It's a great battle theme, but the Black Mages version is just... awesome!
The fights with Gilgamesh were easy though.

I haven't fought him yet. I haven't had the patience to try and get through the Lifespring Grotto. I'll get to it at some point though!

Well, look forward to it. The music owns too much.

Really? More than the Prelude? Whoever put that must be nuts. The Prelude appears in every numbered game in some form (yes, even XIII)

I agree with you on the first factor, but I've got the complete FFXIII OST. Prelude appears, but its a different song entirely. Still awesome tho.

Back