Who used a guide the first time through?

Sephirothalpha

Grand Master Mage
Veteran
Gil
Just a quick question on who used a guide the first time through. Those who didnt please tell me some of the stuff you managed to do without the guide. I used a guide the second time I played through this game. The first time without using the guide I found,

The Chocobo Sage and managed to breed upto a black Chocobo.
The secret Chocobo nest with 10 phoenix downs.
All three Bahamut Summons.
Three end weapons for my characters.
Find both vincent and yuffie.

I didnt use a guide and I was told I had missed out of loads of materia. So instead of finishing it, I restarted it!

i completed it first then went and bought the guide.. i missed loads my first time just about evrything but i was so into the storyline i didnt care about sidequest.

completed it, did not much side-quest though, completed it was lvl 50 xD, then completed with a guide, did a lot more side quest,completed at lvl 86 :)

I completed it first time without a guide. All i gotta say is probably the most annoying place for me to be without a guide is that snow area where you go after you snowboard. I must have been level 55 by the time i finally found a way out of that place.

I will say i did find out how to get yuffie and i managed to get cloud's ultima weapon. But damn...i missed a crapload of stuff.

I completed it first time without a guide. All i gotta say is probably the most annoying place for me to be without a guide is that snow area where you go after you snowboard. I must have been level 55 by the time i finally found a way out of that place.

I will say i did find out how to get yuffie and i managed to get cloud's ultima weapon. But damn...i missed a crapload of stuff.
Yeah that snow area is pretty annoying. I think most people got lost in there.

I only used a guide for that little bit in Temple of the Achients I think it was but that was about it.

I still haven't completed it yet... I must get off my ass beat the Northen cave and it's contents. I love you Sehpi but DIE!!!! XD

I never used a guide for FFVII, not even looking anything up online. I like to try beating games without any help at all, it is more fun that way, and I feel more satisfied, though I do miss out on a lot of the extra stuff!

The first time through, I used a guide. I cant help it, I just HAVE to get EVERYTHING when I beat a game, and I hate replaying a game, I just like going back and getting shit I missed. I have to get EVERYTHING, see EVERY cutscene, Im pretty much an obsessed completionist, lol.

who used the guide first time through

Just ignore this reply but i never used any guide for ffvii, and found all the characters the secret phoenx's, etc. The only things i was not able to find were vinces mom luceria (which to today i still cant find and i dont have the game anymore) and beat emerald or ruby weapon. I found the 2nd time around though the life materia (the one that you can hardly ever die with) and my friend was amazed that i paired it up almost exactly to what the book had said cuz he had the book, he was laughing. But usually you need a manual (especially for FFXII) to beat the entire game. Good luck to those who dont use manuals is all i meant by posting here.

Back