Whos stronger Ruby or Emerald?

GoldenChocoboMaster

Party it up!
Gil
Me and my friends have been debating this for quite some time now and still havent come to any conclusion. Emerald has stronger attacks but Ruby has more HP, but really Ruby is more confusing! I guess there about equal but then again who knows?

Any thoughts?

(Man it would be cool if you summon them lol..)

I would have to say Ruby because Iv beaten emerald, altho,k that WAS pure luck because I git the lucky 7 shizz withg Barrett

But still, I have always git further with Emerald than I have Ruby....one day I will teach that bitch whose boss

But yeah....Ruby is the strongest imo

Erm, based on experience when I first played the game, I would say Emerald. I beat Ruby, but I could not beat Emerald for the life of me. My characters were all level 99, and all their limit breaks were at its limit. But I just could not beat him! So I finished the game without beating Emerald, and that still bothers me to this day.

Ive never understood the whole lucky 7777 thing, but i know its essential to beat his ass.

But what I really hate is emeralds air tam storm thingy god i hate it when he uses that its totally not fair man!

But I heard if you use the tetra elemental accesory when ruby uses ruby flame it heals you.

Ive never understood the whole lucky 7777 thing, but i know its essential to beat his ass.

But what I really hate is emeralds air tam storm thingy god i hate it when he uses that its totally not fair man!

But I heard if you use the tetra elemental accesory when ruby uses ruby flame it heals you.

The trick behind that attack is that it does more damage if you have more materia. Each materia is equal 1000 points of damage. So if you have anymore than 9 materia, you're dead. So try to equip as little Materia as possible.

On-topic, I find Ruby a tad harder because I already know the above trick with Emerald Weapon.

Last edited:
New guy here, I would have to say that if you prepare enough, none of them are very hard. But I think emerald might be the harder one of the two.

of course Ruby weapon is the strongest, u deal to emerald weapon 9999 damage and u have 3 characters in the battle, but u can't deal any damage to Ruby weapon if there was 3 characters in the field becoz he won't take his hands out of the sand and that mean 0 damage :monster:

I'm going to go with Ruby Weapon being the strongest. I haven't beat either one (on my first playthrough I just ignored them), but at least it seemed I was doing some damage to Emerald Weapon. Ruby Weapon just laughed at me and knocked my characters out of the battle.

I say that ruby is harder because on emerald you can just start the battle with lucky sevans and full limits and after that just wale on him using kotr and 4xcut. This is almost imposable to do with ruby weapon if don't have the hp/mp absorb materia.

you know u could use an easy way like having to mime Materias and then equip one on Barret and the other on Cloud and make sure the third one in the party is dead, btw be sure both of them has limitbreaks.
1. use Omnislash on Emerald
2.use mime with Barret (he won't do a limitbreak)
3. Use mime with Cloud and there's Omnislash again.
and I think Omnislash deals around 120000 damage

Easy way to beat Ruby weapon - use Hades summon. Ruby is not immune to Paralyse (a lot of people confuse it with Stop, Hades actually inflicts Paralyse on Ruby Weapon which has half the duration of Stop).

You don't need Lucky 7s or even KOTR to beat Ruby, I've done it without, it just takes longer.

In saying that, I'd say Ruby was the stronger of the two mainly because you fight him alone, those annoying tail things keep draining your MP and his Defence is uber so it takes a while to beat him.

With Emerald, you have your whole party to use, can limit Aire Tam Storm by selectively using only a few Materia, and is much easier to stop his arm cannons with Slash-All.

I just used the invincible materia combo to trash emerald, ruby was a different problem because he constantly changes patterns, but I had no problem dismissing them both.

Ruby is more difficult. Takes alot more thinking. Emerald, you can just use KtoR and Omnislash and any of the above methods.

Ruby, since it's much tougher to beat, needs more strategy and stuff. Emerald is just a bash fest.

I have always had more problems with Ruby Weapon. With Emerald, you just have to either make sure you have less than nine materia equipped (assuming you have 9,999 hp) or hook up final attack with revive materia.

In terms of statistics, Emerald clobbers Ruby. In terms of actual difficulty, I'd say they are both the same, as long as you know what you're doing for both fights.

Emerald is actually more difficult. He has more health, and he's even harder without underwater materia. Ruby isn't THAT difficult as long as you have your strategy set. After you get the underwater materia, Emerald is pretty much run and gun. Ruby you can beat pretty easily by killing your own party members and then hitting him. Either way, defeating Ruby with Knights of the Round (W-Summon/Mime you know the drill) is pointless because all desert rose is good for is getting a Gold Chocobo.

Back