Why Yojimbo instead of Odin?

Yojimbo was all right... you could pay him 1 Gill and still get Zanmato sometimes.. but they should have put in Gilgamesh rather then him I think. Anyway wasn't Odin killed in VIII.. I havn't seen him in any other game since either.

Odin was prominently featured in FFIX. Besides, with no continuity between chapters (VII and X excluded), if he died in VIII it would have no effect on him appearing elsewhere in the series.

actually odin was almost one of my least favorite summons because you couldn't even control when he showed up, AND he couldn't kill or even damage bosses. he's useless in the fights that really matter so why not finally make a summon that can help you in a bind? it was a good change in my mind.

I say again, Yojimbo should have been Gilgamesh, he even has the dog!!!

I would have loved him to give a little light relief to the story. And the fact that you have to pay is perfect.

An opportunity wasted IMHO.

Odin owned in FF8 i loved that GF but i didnt mind Yojimbo since Gil was never hard to get in FFX but imagine having to pay for summons in FFXII

now that would be bullshit because gil is hard enough to get as it is ( well midway thru the game it is anyways lol ) and u constantly have to buy new magic n weps n shit.. lol

Still tho

if i had to chose for like FFXIV i would chose odin over yojimbo or gilg

I missed not having Odin as a summonsable or playable GF in this one.

Aside from Bahamut, Odin was one of my other favorites. However, I thought Yojimbo was interesting, but with the cost in Gil, I hardly ever used him. :dry:

I agree with everyone who says that Yojimbo should have been Gilgamesh. Gilgamesh is probably my all-time favourite character in FF because he tends to be clumsy but still so cool! Like in FFXII when he leaves his sword behind after the second fight. :D

But still, Yojimbo was probably inspired by Gilgamesh, he has a dog, 4 attacks, one which kills instantly. But Gilgamesh owns :P

I agree with everyone who says that Yojimbo should have been Gilgamesh. Gilgamesh is probably my all-time favourite character in FF because he tends to be clumsy but still so cool! Like in FFXII when he leaves his sword behind after the second fight. :D

But still, Yojimbo was probably inspired by Gilgamesh, he has a dog, 4 attacks, one which kills instantly. But Gilgamesh owns :P

Yes. Gilgamesh would've been a good choice. I wish they did every summon in the FF history as an Aeon. That would be great.

Back