Will Pokemon ever die?

I really do think it's about time it dies. As I said in my last post, it seems to be getting a lot less popular.
I think they should stop making new things whilst it's still got some popularity. It's been milked so much. I much preferred it when it was the original 150 (or 151...) pokémon to now, where there are so many it's just gotten stupid.
Die with dignity, pokémon! If you have any left...
I haven't watched it or played a game in so many years... I sort of outgrew it. Since I used to play with the cards when I was about 6 years old it'd feel a bit weird if I started watching it again :hmmm:

In my opinion it's dying but I unfortunately doubt the series will ever die. It is just too popular, especially in Japan. Sequels will be made and if sequels are made then a new series will come out. If a new series comes out then so will new merchandise. So I highly doubt it will ever die but my interest surely will.

It depends on what you mean by dead. In terms of it selling, no. In terms of it being a big craze, yes. Pokemon is not what it used to be. When I was young, I remember the red, blue and yellow versions, and the cards. And nothing sucked about them, period. But when they expanded and made a gazillion more pokemon, versions, and ridiculous card series, it was worn out.

I'd give Pokemon a decade before it joins the ranks of Beanie Babies and Magic the Gathering as games that aren't going to capture the attention of the next generation of youth, but will still be played by a determined group of nostalgic gamers that will eagerly buy up whatever sequels are released.

The series definitely isn't going to be immortalized like Mario or Sonic the Hedgehog if that's what you mean.

Well, depends on what you mean.

I think its dead in craze wise. I remember when Pokemon was good and not beaten to death by a stick.

They need to spice it up a bit, if they want their popularity back.

I see it now! Digimon Vs Pokemon, who will be champion!

*coughdigimoncough*

Back