WTF about 9

Status
Not open for further replies.

EnigManic

Chocobo Breeder
Gil
Here we go..

First let me say Final Fantasy VII is an outstanding game. It has a captivating story. Now I say "WHAT THE F&$% ABOUT FINAL FANTASY NINE?"

The graphics, artwork and animation are better than 7, the magic system is simpler but better, the characters are so royally badass, and the storyline is beautiful.

Final Fantasy 9 is severely under-rated and under-appreciated. Everyone talks about FFVII, but no one ever mentions Nine. The elements, the characters, the storyline, the graphics, the music, everything about FFIX is to die for. Square Enix in the process of remaking FFVII for the PS3 to look like Advent Children. I swear to god, I'm gonna kill myself if they don't do the same for FFIX. Why can't Nine get a movie? This game is so awesome and so under-appreciated.

Sorry I disagree, FFIX only had 1 better aspect .. the in game graphics.
The Chocobo events on 7 is better, (only slightly, i'm sure you all were kicking yourself in the head trying to find the ocean treasure in 9 argh!) the weapon and materia is absolutley perfect "to the tee" when you get used to it in 7. Storyline is much better, the aqquiring of GF's are fantasticlly beeter because anyone could use them no just 2 characters Eiko and Dagger (Garnet). But seeing as it has a slightly worse card game then 8, compared to 7 at least it has a card game.

I disagree. I think the storyline goes deeper and more emotional in IX. Debate this if you will, there is a lot more human drama. From Garnet and Steiner believing there is a fair reason behind the wars, to finding out they've been lied to and betrayed, the emotional battles Vivi goes through trying to learn about his past, diddo for Zidane, multiple entire cities being wiped out, even right after you get done saving everyone, etc.

And how can you say the skill system is better in VII? You have to collect materia and equip them to your character to learn skills and abilities. That's not very realistic. In IX, you learn new skills and abilities from the various weapons and equipment. And as you level goes up, you have more materia gems with which to enable those abilities. The system is more realistic and it's simpler.

As for the Chocobo content, are you serious? Who cares?! Why don't you write to Square Enix and ask them to make an independant Chocobo game? I don't play RPG's just for a better mini-game. But that's just me. But to be fair, I'll address the issue and point out that the ability to level up his beak for treasure hunting as well as evolving him with new traveling abilities IS a nice improvement over VII.

And how about the characters? They are way cooler in IX. Any takers? You've got bounty hunters, thieves, a battle mage, a cannibalistic chef, a beautiful princess/palitant/summoner, and knights. Not to mention the artistic design of the characters is much better then VII. And the character development is definitely richer in IX.

As for the possibility of a sequel, outstanding. Lindblum, Cleyra and Burmecia still need to be rebuilt. Alexandria can be overhauled to accommodate the new queen. The elimination of the mist (unless they bring it back) means all the airships have to be decommissioned and replaced with steam engines or better. There's also plenty of land for adding new cities, dungeons and fortresses. And what about a plot for the sequel? Simple, introduce a new nemesis, new villains and some additional back story.

Lastly, compare the master list of skills and abilities in VII to that in IX. Game over. Save the budget for a sequel and a remake for the better title.

Firstly, it really depends on the person wheather or not the storyline is better, everyone has there own opinion. I personally found VII sroty better, but as i said it's down to who is paying on which one is better for you.

I agree on the more reaistic edge to IX's system, and it is much better then the other skill systems (VIII & X). VII is simple when you get used to it. First time i played the game, i hated it, after practice, one of the best games ever due to it.

The slightest things in each FF is what makes the game what it is. Yes chocobo content isn't a neccessity but it's something that draw you away from the game, giving you more activities to do. Just lke other sidequests such as the gold saucer, such as chocobo raising etc.

As for the characters ... meh, close cool i guess, Quana made me laugh! But i don't play the game for the characters. :P But come on! VII has a talking Red Wolf, Cait Sith! Enough said. Vincent etc.

Although, i do believe IX hade a better ending for a sequal, and i wouldn't be moaning if they did it. I'm not pulling own, it's the 2nd best FF (in my opinion) out, loved many aspects of the game definatly a game for FF fans.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back