Your time in the Fire Cavern

I always chose 40 minutes first up as well because I just wanted to be safe. I used that option a few times but the last time I played that part, I think I chose 20 minutes which was pretty simple as well. I don't think I would try 10 though, I bet I wouldn't make it in that time lol.

I always choose 10 min. I've never actually been in the fire cavern for more than 10 min, I think the longest time I've spent in the cavern is maybe 9 minutes at most.

I thought ten minutes would be like "oh shit...how the fuck do uya manage that?" so i picked 20 mins instaed and had something like 4 minutes left.

all through it i was shouting at the screen "run you...kill that little shit quickly"

That's the point; he doesn't like levelling up until you have three characters, and so chooses a longer time limit.

But how can you get a third party member if you cant advance further in the game unless you get Ifrit, which means doing the Fire Cavan???

I don't see how any needs more that 10 friggin minutes! This is the simplest of all the missions and it only takes 7 minutes at the most to acquire Ifrit. The first time I beat the Fire Cave I think I had about two and a half minutes left after choosing the 10 minute option.

And maybe people want to level up whilst they are in there. Just case you do it in the shortest time doesnt mean everyone should.

If someone is concerned about leveling up then the Fire Cavern is not the place to be. The best place would be either the Training Center at Balamb Garden or, if the T-Rexaurs are giving you too much hell, the forests outside Balamb Garden. Even the beach is the best place to gain AP.

I did some leveling up in there before I encountered Ifrit for my GFs in order to get Boost early in the game. Theres nothing wrong in levelling up in there if you have a few minutes to kill.

I always chose 40 minutes as my end time no matter what except for this one time when I chose 20 minutes. I still made it out in time but it was really close to ticking down to zero.

I always select 10 minutes, and even this is too long. I have to time my last attack against Ifrit well to get 100 points for Judgement (SeeD Rank)

I chose twenty minutes the first time, and then start to chose ten minutes.

Ten minutes are more than enough to go to the end of the cave and beat Ifrit, if Shiva is at a good level she can get rid of him in two turns, and since the cave is pretty small it does not take much time to reach Ifrit even if you end up having about 3 or 4 random battles.

Usually I pick 20 minutes... Nothing much. I beat the time and that's it :)

Back