Zodiark... Arghhhhhh!!!!!

shelbyboy

Chocobo Breeder
Gil
Help please!!!, I sure could use a way to kill this s.o.b. .. Immune to magic, Immune to physical attacks, and he's using Darkga all the time...
Here's what I've got done so far, physical attacks to where he's about 1/4 strenght left, then try and use quickenings, problem is... quickening with 10 combo isn't enought to kill him, then he puts up that barrier so he's immune to physical attacks, & magic attacks & I'm screwed, I've tried to wait it out, healing, trying to time magic attacks & physical attacks to hit him at the right time, problem is, he is only vulnerable for like 5 seconds during the drops in his (shield)?.
Can anyone tell me what worked for them?, it seems like he's immune to slow, stop, disable, etc...
Thanks,

Wow, no responses yet? Has anyone killed this guy yet?

Last edited:
I killed him a few weeks back... and I'll tell you the secret behind him. He's not that hard in reality. If you get Darkja'd alot it can be tricky.. especially if your secondary party is low on levels.

1) It's not hard to get him to 1/5th of his health or whatever just by manually putting up a tank (I.E. Sword and shield + Bubble + Haste + Protect/Shell + Decoy)

2) When he uses his skill called Limit Break .. things start getting interesting. He will put up his palings (Immunities to Physical and Magical attacks) - You will need to time it right and use Scathe or something that has no Elemental value to it, when his magical immunity goes down for those few seconds. Keep everyone healed, don't slack just because you have one person Decoyed. You should have him down.. Good luck.

P.S. Also - Someone once told me, since I've asked similar questions to this boss... - when you click arise/raise/phoenix down - press R1 to change to someone in the secondary party to cast it on. You can ressurect people in your other party with your primary party or vise versa.

re:zodiark

Thanks for the response, I will try this tonight when I get home. I also just watched a video on youtube of a guy defeating it by beating it down to when its immune to physical attacks, then reflecing his party and then using bio against his party, that seemed to work, I will try this tonigt and try and update my progress on Monday.
Thanks,

Also, use the Demon Shield (rare drop from Abysteel bats in Henne) on your characters to absorb dark magic. One thing to note here though is that the Darkja spell also randomly kills from one to all of your group members regardless of dark absorption, but if it doesn't kill them then the Darkja spell will simply heal your players with the Demon Shield. With this strategy I was able to take him down second try, after failing about 5 or 6 other times before.

Good luck!

re: Zodiark

ok, I beat him finally. I just beat the hell out of him and when his immunity shield went up i changed my attack gambit to use bio instead, and that worked out just fine..
Phew.
I also killed Ultima, that was almost too easy.
& I also just killed Ziamat, whatever him name was, the one with the 50million HP, holy crap, how long did that take everyone else?

Also, use the Demon Shield (rare drop from Abysteel bats in Henne) on your characters to absorb dark magic. One thing to note here though is that the Darkja spell also randomly kills from one to all of your group members regardless of dark absorption, but if it doesn't kill them then the Darkja spell will simply heal your players with the Demon Shield. With this strategy I was able to take him down second try, after failing about 5 or 6 other times before.

Good luck!

You can also get the demon shield from defeating Diablos :)

Back