100% Ending

I just got 96% in the end, which was good enough for me. I think if you're a die hard TidusxYuna fan, then sure, play for 100% and get the ending..:P

I know you don't need 100% to get the FMV ending which is what I am going for...I've seen the 'perfect 100% ending' on youtube...so not worth the effort. It's not even in the good graphics...if I hadn't known and worked to get 100% and then realized that that was my reward...I would have thrown something. It's deffinately annoying to try to get anyway since there are like a million things that are worth 0.00234% or some such nonsense.

Yeah...I didn't get Rin for the mystery thing (am happy with getting Rikku thought just for the accesory!) and I gave up on the gunner's gauntlet...although it was really annoying to finish with 98%!!!

Oh well..that means on the next play through I only have a couple things to focus on...

I've seen the perfect ending on YouTube and I have heard some say it's touching and is a huge twist. But I've also heard from some it was shitty. Personally, it seems a little overhyped. It's not even in the good graphics, is only like 1 minute long and they just say what you'd expect them to say.

lol i must hav a glitch i didnt get shtty gambler dresssphere and had100%

It is possible to get 100% without actually doing everything...which completely defeates the objet of aiming for it in the first place. I never got the mascot dress spheres but I still got 100%....there's afew things you can miss actually which is just STUPID

Whistling scene with Yuna X-2

I'm after the second best ending and I was having trouble with the whistling scene (which was annoying cus I had to kick Ixion's ass then watch a long un-skipable cutscene) and even after that I wasn't sure if I'd managed to activate it or not.
I searched the help booth for a post simlar to this and couldn't find one. So, after a few advanced google searches I found a really detailed explaination of how to do it. So I thought as I've posted twice for help with X-2 I'd give something back. So here ya go. :P

A. Firstly in Chapter 3 you must go to Guadosalam and talk with Maechen.
Go there and talk to Logos and Omni, then go talk to LeBlanc, then go
back to talk to Logos and Omni. They will tell you to meet them in
their room, so go to the secret passageway and you will be shown 2
spheres. After that, walk around the room until you find another sphere
which you will be allowed to watch. At this time Maechen will come in
and talk briefly. After he is done go talk to him again and he should
talk a bit more before leaving. Secondarily, at the end of Chapter 3
(after beating Djose Temple) when Yuna falls into the field of flowers
(Farplane Abyss) press 'X' until you hear whistling 4 times. You are
suppose to press 'X' once Yuna says "I'm all alone..". Every time you
press 'X' there will be a whistle then someone appearing to guide Yuna.
When the outline fades press 'X' again. Since there is a time limit for
doing it, I recommend tapping 'X' once Yuna says the key line. You know
you succeeded if you hear the whistling sound 4 times and you are led up
an invisible road that lights up as you walk up it.

i just got to the garden of flowers and went into the far plane and fought for my life, i never new this whistling thing, how did you no about it ? and you play fast Miss Frankie

When I yeard about there being mulitple endings I looked up a spoiler free walkthrough for them. It did take me ages to find a decent one though. So, now I'm going for the second best one. I'm not going for 100% yet cus its my first play though. :P

I think Il merge this with the 100% ending thread in X-2, should get more discussion there

Threads Merged

I'm on New game plus, I got 100% somewhere in chapter four, but I'm not strong enough to whizz through chapter five yet. I need to train up more.

I haven't got the mascot dressphere either

I got 100% and the special ending on my first playthrough. I used the guide book to get it. I didn't have any problems at all. The only two things I figured would be difficult were beating Shinra at Sphere Break (I couldn't stand Sphere Break,but was able to beat him for the Lady Luck dress sphere.) and Via Infinito. Via Infinito was pretty difficult there at the last part,even with all abilities on my dress spheres,but I just used the cat nip + gunner thing to do it.

To me,the special ending is worth it. It's very sweet and even though Im not a die hard FFX fan,I could see how one would be very happy with the special ending. ^^

I remember I got this game right when it came out and played it immediately. I didn't have a strategy guide yet, so I just used GameFAQS. I got my 100% on my 2nd playthrough because I gave the awesome sphere to New Yevon the 1st time through. I did manage to get all the Chapter Completes in Chapter 5 and got my Mascot, but had a few little things missed. I think I had like 98.4% after that.

I've beaten it like 5 or 6 times now (it is so much easier the next time with New Game Plus), but I'd say that the 100% Perfect Ending is definitely worth the effort.

I didn't get the mascot dressphere but I got 100%

I didn't realise that the perfect ending was after the credits, and nearly shut the playstation off before seeing it...that was almost a catastrophe...

I got about 95% on my first playthrough after following a guide. So I got the ending where
Tidus washes up on the beach and is quickly joined by Yuna and company.
I checked out the bonus cutscene on Youtube and I realised I wasn't missing out on much. In my opinion, the 100% ending isn't worth the effort.

Just got 100% completion, biggest waste of fucking time EVER. Seriously I got 98% following the official guide to a T (Maybe it works differently for the EU version, I dunno). Then I just decided to "cheat" so to speak by choosing New yevon in a New game plus. It's not worth doing at all, I just did it because I wanted to be done with all of this.

I would have been happy with just the good ending.

Back