24 and still playing FF

I will keep on playing Final Fantasy even if there are 30 of them I will just keep on playing and Playing!!!! When I am 30 I will still be playing!!! Also they just keep getting better and better.

Same as I. I mean I no doubt will spend less time playing as I get older, but my hobbies won't alter too much. I mean if I get a place on my own down the road, have some free time to kill, socialize with some friends over a few games of Halo and such here and there, then so be it.

To answer the TS's question though, I don't think there's a max age limit for playing games in our society. It's an all-ages thing that won't die out anytime soon.

In my class almost everybody play's videogames. And the age varies from 19 to 24. But that everybody plays them, probably has something to do with the fact that we all study Japanese. Its kind of linked together that way. I don't mind at all.
I even had my English presentation about RPG's. I wanted it to be about Final Fantasy, but that wasnt really alowed. I got a good grade so I think it is a very good way to spend your free time.

Add my name as well. I'm crazy when it comes to FF, I play them from ever since 99 until today and I doubt I will stop anytime soon. I tend to play FF's overtimes to revive those awesome momments and have a good time completing them. =]

I'm Portuguese btw, there aren't many RPG fans on where I live, most love GTA, PES, Fifa, Need for Speed, etc.

I don't really think people should feel ashamed playing games. (whatever they be)
I have friends and know some people with +20 even with 40 who love to play not just FF but Digimon, Pokémon, etc. I don't think age matters at all, and its always nice sharing our ideas, toughts with someone older or younger people, we always learn something from they different prespectives and past experiences.

I'm 24 (almost 25), and I still enjoy playing video games (mostly RPGs), like Final Fantasy, Chrono Trigger, the Xenosaga series, and to a lesser extent, Sonic (probably one of the few platformer series I liked)...

In fact, I recently bought an old Mega Drive (original model), a 6-button pad, and a few Sega tapes (don't ask... I've been calling them "tapes" for as long as I can remember, probably because my mom called the cartridges for Sega consoles "tapes" >_>), including Sonic 2, Castlevania: Bloodlines, and Phantasy Star II ^_~

I still enjoy RPGs as much as I did when I first started playing them in 1989/1990 (Phantasy Star on the Sega Master System), TBH...

Im 24 in under 2 months and I still play computer games. I havent finished uni, still need to go back and complete a course. I havent traveled the world either. I love my games, age doesnt come into lol.

You know what? Even though I'm barely close to the age of 24, I'm pretty sure i will still be playing games of various genres when I'm older. With the additional ability to buy those games, I'm 100% certain I'll still be playing Final Fantasy at that age.

For all you know, my old age might be spent as an avid gamer! Who knows?

I'm 25 and I have no intention of stopping playing videogames; I love this hobby very much, much more than watching movies or watching TV (which I don't even have anymore).

Add my name as well. I'm crazy when it comes to FF, I play them from ever since 99 until today and I doubt I will stop anytime soon. I tend to play FF's overtimes to revive those awesome momments and have a good time completing them. =]

I'm Portuguese btw, there aren't many RPG fans on where I live, most love GTA, PES, Fifa, Need for Speed, etc.

I don't really think people should feel ashamed playing games. (whatever they be)
I have friends and know some people with +20 even with 40 who love to play not just FF but Digimon, Pokémon, etc. I don't think age matters at all, and its always nice sharing our ideas, toughts with someone older or younger people, we always learn something from they different prespectives and past experiences.

I 'll second that thought!
Being from Greece, there are few but many in the same time gamers who play FF and RPG's. Those who play MMO's excluded :P

If the series keep on going so am I to play videogames.
I just can't live without them :wacky:

man ur addicted hardcore o_O i was addicted to ffx for like half a year *180 hours* *cough cough* but year man u need to go to a gamin rehab or sumthing but not tryin to b harsh like try and get a life o_O cause if ur always out doing stuff u wont b botherd with ff thats what i did XD

Hehe relax I kinda joking there :P
I do have a life...i think :wacky:
But anyway the point is that as long these series are coming out, so i will be playing them ;)

What an ironic name for this game....:)

I played my first final fantasy game when I was over 30. Most of the gamers I know are in the 30-40 range. We were the folks who were playing D&D before it had dice, y'see. While Final Fantasy is not the be-all and end-all for me, it's a good series, just as MYST and RIVEN were good series for their day and still worth revisiting.

The difference with older gamers -- at least for some of us -- is that we're not all about the points, winning, and competitiveness as far as "I beat X and Y and Z and got a game 100%!"

I think some older gamers are more forgiving of whiny or confused characters like Tidus and Vaan. We think, "Hey, they're just kids... we probably would've been out of our depth even more than they are at that age!" I always feel rather motherly towards the party members, or sympathetic towards the chaperone-figures like Auron trying to keep them alive. In FXII, I often feel like I'm trying to help these young folks (Vaan and Penny) grow into their potential. I can hardly have the "You clueless git; stop whining!" attitude that I see among some younger gamers, after all. I've had students just like Squall and Selphie and Vaan!

My sixty-year-old parents have enjoyed FFX and FFXII immensely.

In fact, I wonder if FFXII was designed more for the 30-40+ range, aimed at old gamers clinging to the PS2 instead of new gamers seeking the latest technology. Many of those my age get tired of the girl-meets-boy angst; in XII we enjoy the Byzantine-Machiavellian politics, Victorian manners and world tour of interesting architecture picking up styles from Thailand to Pergamon and Mycenae.

Last edited:
I played my first final fantasy game when I was over 30. Most of the gamers I know are in the 30-40 range. We were the folks who were playing D&D before it had dice, y'see. While Final Fantasy is not the be-all and end-all for me, it's a good series, just as MYST and RIVEN were good series for their day and still worth revisiting.

The difference with older gamers -- at least for some of us -- is that we're not all about the points, winning, and competitiveness as far as "I beat X and Y and Z and got a game 100%!"

I think some older gamers are more forgiving of whiny or confused characters like Tidus and Vaan. We think, "Hey, they're just kids... we probably would've been out of our depth even more than they are at that age!" I always feel rather motherly towards the party members, or sympathetic towards the chaperone-figures like Auron trying to keep them alive. In FXII, I often feel like I'm trying to help these young folks (Vaan and Penny) grow into their potential. I can hardly have the "You clueless git; stop whining!" attitude that I see among some younger gamers, after all. I've had students just like Squall and Selphie and Vaan!

My sixty-year-old parents have enjoyed FFX and FFXII immensely.

In fact, I wonder if FFXII was designed more for the 30-40+ range, aimed at old gamers clinging to the PS2 instead of new gamers seeking the latest technology. Many of those my age get tired of the girl-meets-boy angst; in XII we enjoy the Byzantine-Machiavellian politics, Victorian manners and world tour of interesting architecture picking up styles from Thailand to Pergamon and Mycenae.

Where the heck were you sir at these forums :D ?!
It's amazing to meet a person who (apparantly is a teacher) is above 30 years old, a videogamer and enjoys FF's so much!
And to your point for FFXII: That's exactly what i loved in that game ^_^
The architecture, the whole politics matter...man that was awesome!

Back on topic, i hope when i get your age i 'll have that same way of thinking of FF's and videogaming...wich i propably do :P

Thanks for your time!

lol, I play Final Fantasy and i'm 18? Its fine actually a fun game, I just kinda started and I don't think i'll stop =P

I'm 25 and I have no intention of stopping playing videogames; I love this hobby very much, much more than watching movies or watching TV (which I don't even have anymore).

Amen to that, sister.

I'm also 25 and I love playing video games. I will probably never stop. My husband is 29 and he plays video games as well. There's nothing wrong with people our age playing games at all.

I 'll second that thought!
Being from Greece, there are few but many in the same time gamers who play FF and RPG's. Those who play MMO's excluded :P

If the series keep on going so am I to play videogames.
I just can't live without them :wacky:
Yo hey there.I'm from Greece too.

I don't have such a background stories with FF like the rest of you,but I've become really addicted to it.Don't have many friends playing FF or RPG but I still do play them.Being a girl and playing games is a little weird here,or that's the people around me undertsand it.
I've been playing video games since I was 8 years old and I still haven't lost my love for them and I will keep playing them even when I get 40,50,60 and etc. if I still do love FF.There's no rule out there banning you for playing games at a certain age,at least not yet xD.

Well being 24 myself I see nothing wrong with playing the heck out of some FFs. I know a good bit of friends who are borderline 40 and are still playing FFs as well.

I mean I have graduated college, taken on a full time job (well sort of with the economy) and have a girlfriend and 6 animals. (5 cats and 1 dog). I am actually going back to college as we speak to attain a financing degree and until 8 months ago I use to play lead keeper for my soccer team.

Final Fantasy will always be in my blood though, and I have great respect for those who stick with the franchise. It's come along way since FF I, and I'm ready to see the next Installments XIII and Versus. It shall be interesting to see what they throw at us.

Also my girlfriend and I are playing xbox360 2-3 times a weeknight as well with Gears of War 2 and such.. so I think gaming is healthy to keep around at our age.

Back