About the Story

Perfection does not exist, not even in FF titles which are going to be appear on the PS3.

These "flaws" are not actual "flaws" just things people have pointed out and not liked.

You are right about every story having some flaw, I'm sure I'll probably find out one in XII XD

Perfection does not exist, not even in FF titles which are going to be appear on the PS3.

These "flaws" are not actual "flaws" just things people have pointed out and not liked.

You are right about every story having some flaw, I'm sure I'll probably find out one in XII XD

why do you defend ff so much

ff 12 has flaws in the character designs which everybody agrees on
even in the story but that is controversial and in the character devolment aswell

and these flaws are flaws it has nothing to do with like or not

i love ff but i still do admit the mistakes it has you

Although I liked the story, I would agree that every Final Fantasy has had an achiellies heel just beyond general opinion. I'm the biggest Final Fantasy VII whore you'll ever come across but the random quality of the FMVs is a flaw and no matter how much you like the game, you can't argue that it should have been better. But JR you are right too, no game is ever perfect. You can't expect them to be. Final Fantasy XII was really good. I just wish I knew more about the characters. I know I've said they were underdeveloped but I think I misspoke. They're not so much underdeveloped as they are underexplained. They all have great personalities and you really get a feel for who each person is when you play through the game (even Penelo), you just don't know much about their histories. With Final Fantasy XII, you can tell me all about how Penelo acts and behaves. How she feels, what she wants, and that's awesome. I love it. But if I ask you to tell me about her past, you can only tell me that her parents died in the war. That's all you know. And yes, that is a flaw.

why do you defend ff so much

ff 12 has flaws in the character designs which everybody agrees on
even in the story but that is controversial and in the character devolment aswell

and these flaws are flaws it has nothing to do with like or not

i love ff but i still do admit the mistakes it has you

1. Because I'm a dedicated fan and I am entitled to my opinion? :P

2. Yeah, like, not everybody in the whole wide world? It isn't a fact, just an opinion.

3. These "flaws" which you state, is not a fact may I repeat - you seem to be addressing it as so. Some people may think there are no flaws where you do see them. Ok?

4. Your last sentence made no sense xD. Well kinda. I honestly don't see any flaws with 12 right now, but that's from what I have seen so far. But then again, if I see any flaws in my eyes, not everyone is going to agree with them/.

People say there is a lack of character interaction, and still don't explain themselves. If people won't, then I'll explain why I see plenty of it, and why there isn't any some interaction:

1. Everyone works as a team - if the characters could not interact with each other, then there wouldn't be a team would they?...........

That's me done, and I think interaction in this game, even though it is lacking as some may say, has it's reasons for being like that. You just can't expect everyone to well..be pally pally, all amazing buddies, if that's what you're getting at.

Sure there was your every day character interaction, but for the most part, I felt it was straight forward, boring and lacking a lot of depth.

I guess where I’m coming from, is… Sure, you where shown that the characters could interact and all get along in the game and yes, maybe cut a joke or two, so what. You didn’t see any further depth in any of the relationships. I personally would have liked to have seen them having more fun moments, or tense moments between party members along the way. Moments that we’ve all become accustom to in previous titles. More importantly, moments that left a lasting impression or memory, setting this one aside from all the rest. Again, this is not the type of half a**ed character interaction, development, whatever you want to call it, that I’m used to from Square-Enix.

And No… (Everyone all “pally, pally”?) Come on :rolleyes:, even I would have found that a bit ridiculous.

IN SHORT, what I’m saying is! While this game has a great cast of characters, you'll probably be left wishing you had felt just a bit closer to them than what you do by the end of the game.

Last edited:
1. Because I'm a dedicated fan and I am entitled to my opinion? :P

2. Yeah, like, not everybody in the whole wide world? It isn't a fact, just an opinion.

3. These "flaws" which you state, is not a fact may I repeat - you seem to be addressing it as so. Some people may think there are no flaws where you do see them. Ok?

4. Your last sentence made no sense xD. Well kinda. I honestly don't see any flaws with 12 right now, but that's from what I have seen so far. But then again, if I see any flaws in my eyes, not everyone is going to agree with them/.

when will you stop arguing and admit that i am right after all i am the best:P

your opinions and my opinions are so different

in the last line i said that i love ff and do admit that it has mistakes
some people are so crazy they never admit that there flaws with the game

The Best, I have yet to see you be right about anything, ever. And FFFan does have a point, although I hate to admit it. I still think they're closer together than he thinks, but there wasn't a lot of teasing. Then again, this was a more serious game. They have that "moment" at the end of the game, which I thought was cool... but it was really the first one of those talks they had in the game. When they had it, I remember liking it but thinking it was sort of out of place because it was the first time they "bonded" through a rally talk.

I think in general though the game is more focused on the events occuring in the empire than the characters. They still interact well but a lot of those free moments are used to develop the plot than they are to have the characters get all happy and snugglie together.

I think in general though the game is more focused on the events occuring in the empire than the characters. They still interact well but a lot of those free moments are used to develop the plot than they are to have the characters get all happy and snugglie together.

first of all i would appreciate it if stopped making comments about me

well that was one point i said before that the story was dealing with more serious problems and i liked that. they didnt give much time to interaction because of this reason and i like that aswell because romance in games was a big mistake. i personally prefer it to be serious

You said the plotline was horrible elsewhere - please make up your mind on what you really think about it ;)

Maybe it's just not possible for the characters to have fun moments, seeing as time is running out basically, before
Cid and Vayne get their hands on the nethicite, so they can do whatever.
Or, if they had got rid of Ashe, they may have had more fun xD

Iunno xD

The Best, I have yet to see you be right about anything, ever. And FFFan does have a point, although I hate to admit it. I still think they're closer together than he thinks,.... .

Well, no, I could see that they where close as a matter of convenience, most united by a common goal or a random chance encounter.

What I was saying is, "You" as the player may be left wishing you had felt just a bit closer to cast of characters than what you do by the end of the game.

Granted, FFXII has a good plot. However, it seems as if the developers spent a fair amount of time developing the storyline...but they didn't have time to fit all of their ideas into the game, so they quickly threw bits and pieces in...

I know for sure, when I was playing, I felt like..."wtf, where did he come from, or wtf does this have to do with the plot?"

You said the plotline was horrible elsewhere - please make up your mind on what you really think about it ;)

Maybe it's just not possible for the characters to have fun moments, seeing as time is running out basically, before
Cid and Vayne get their hands on the nethicite, so they can do whatever.
Or, if they had got rid of Ashe, they may have had more fun xD

Iunno xD

i never said that the plotline was good i just mentioned a few things i liked about like having no romance in it overall i still think the plot horrible

i liked the game being serious and with less character interaction

Last edited:
What I was saying is, "You" as the player may be left wishing you had felt just a bit closer to cast of characters than what you do by the end of the game.

Yea, but I think that has more to do with not getting deep into their backstory. That was very lacking in the game. The characters were not explained as well as they could have been. Again, underexplained not underdeveloped.

As ive said before, the plot lacked on of those crazy twists we all come to know and love in the final fantasy games.

Can't say I remember any "crazy" twists in many of the FF games.

Sure, there were twists, but nothing shockingly sensational in VI, VIII - VII (uh..xD).

X it had something. X-2..not sure.

IX - uh, yep! The whole..thing with Zidane and Garland once you get into Terra and you find out about his past..

*shrugs* Apart from X and IX, there were no major plot twists. Nothing to a major extent in VII either.

IV had a nice plot twist
Cecil's brother was Golbez?!!
That I was shocked at finding out.

Can't say I remember any "crazy" twists in many of the FF games.

Sure, there were twists, but nothing shockingly sensational in VI, VIII - VII (uh..xD).

X it had something. X-2..not sure.

IX - uh, yep! The whole..thing with Zidane and Garland once you get into Terra and you find out about his past..

*shrugs* Apart from X and IX, there were no major plot twists. Nothing to a major extent in VII either.

IV had a nice plot twist
Cecil's brother was Golbez?!!
That I was shocked at finding out.

are you stoned stupid, in seven you found out cloud wasnt even who you or anyone else thoughthe was in the beggining, you found out your main guy was a total loser, in eight oh my god, in eight you found out the entire preface of the game was started by squall, he just didnt know it(it was a causual paradox). Six however is teh exception, but final fantasy one, I mean c'mon, that ending was pretty damn trippy.

well there is another point to ff12 had no plot twist in it
the plot was to simple and so predictable

are you stoned stupid, in seven you found out cloud wasnt even who you or anyone else thoughthe was in the beggining, you found out your main guy was a total loser, in eight oh my god, in eight you found out the entire preface of the game was started by squall, he just didnt know it(it was a causual paradox). Six however is teh exception, but final fantasy one, I mean c'mon, that ending was pretty damn trippy.

Insult me again and I'll warn you. I've never completed FF1, but I can guess it doesn't have any major plot twists with it being the first time.

So FFVII had one major twist. FFVIII..your explanation doesn't make any sense. No offense, I just don't get it. It's early in the morning, so, my brain isn't up to normal working capacity :D

Insult me again and I'll warn you. I've never completed FF1, but I can guess it doesn't have any major plot twists with it being the first time.

So FFVII had one major twist. FFVIII..your explanation doesn't make any sense. No offense, I just don't get it. It's early in the morning, so, my brain isn't up to normal working capacity :D

Final fantasy eight was a cuasual paradox, did you even play it? Your main guy goes back in time and starts the seed program, so he can make sure that later on in his own time he joins it and stops ultimacia, it doesnt make sence so therefor its what we call in literature a "cuasual time paradox", its a time loop that couldnt happen. And in final fantasy one something similar happens, the main bad guy goes back in time, and you follow, you kill him in past and then none of the events in the future involving him happen, so no one has any idea that your main guys even saved the planet. And one major twist in seven is an understatement, it cahnged the entire premise and outlook on cloud, please, tell me, what final fantasies have you played, it sounds like youv played nine and ten and mayby twelve.

As for insult me again and I'll warn you, you know you have to be a mod to do that, as in not a regular member rite?

:P I am an Admin, pay attention to my title xD. I did play 8..I just didn't get what you meant that was all..

I have played many, you obviously don't seem to notice that I said in other FF's I don't think there any MAJOR plot twists in my opinion.

Back