PC Best free MMORPG?

Maplestory. No questions asked.
There are afew more MMOs that arn't Roleplaying..
Gunz, Gunbound or maybe Warrock.

Guild Wars is the first free MMORPG to come to mind. I have not had the opportunity to play it myself, but I hear lots of good things about it.

I recommend Conquer Online it is free to download and play is very big the graphics are ok and it has pretty good game play. You can choose from a few different classes and there are many weapons armors and items to get. It has many thousands of players some who are friendly some who will enjoy killing you as it has lots of PvP.

http://www.conqueronline.com/

I just got Guild Wars Nightfall, it's really pretty good, but there was some stuff I didn't like. You have to have two or more words in your name, that isn't a big deal to me at all, but it is a little annoying that I can't use my usual MMO name. Every time you're in a town, or a safe place bereft of enemies, you're on the same map as all of the other characters, but when you go to a map with monsters in it, you'll get your own copy of the map. You have to form a party to share a map with those people(You can recruit up to three), as opposed to the henchmen and heroes you recruit.

I play this very in-depth MUD based on Star Wars. It is the most sophisticated MUD I have seen to date.

The host is lotj.wolfpaw.net and the port is 5000

Ragnarok online has a Private, Entirely free server and allows you to play without previous copies or accounts of RO.

http://www.newanimaroonline.com

It requires a bit of maintenance to work, but it's worth it... They let you even play your characters as another Persona, what with a Marriage/Adoption system and all if you're into that sort of stuff. That and a very detailed class system.

Wow this hasn't been bumped for a while.

Ragnarok online has a Private, Entirely free server and allows you to play without previous copies or accounts of RO.

Hrmm, I heard people on Ragnarok are elitist assholes.

Almost all free MMORPGs are terrible! Don't bother with Guild Wars. Hellgate: London is coming out in October. It's free but you won't get many advantages as paying members.

Wow this hasn't been bumped for a while.

Hrmm, I heard people on Ragnarok are elitist assholes.

Almost all free MMORPGs are terrible! Don't bother with Guild Wars. Hellgate: London is coming out in October. It's free but you won't get many advantages as paying members.
Thankfully, from my experiences, the people in the Anima server are rather helpful. Only an hour in the game, I was invited to a guild and the leader helped me get some top-grade Ninja equipment. i guess it differs for everyone though... which would explain the people lined up on the streets selling their wares, ready to swindle you of Zeny. xD

As for Guild Wars... Got it, it's beautiful... But it gets dull, especially if you don't constantly have a party with you. And many people only party with you to fulfill their own quests rather than work together with you for a long period of time.

Thankfully, from my experiences, the people in the Anima server are rather helpful. Only an hour in the game, I was invited to a guild and the leader helped me get some top-grade Ninja equipment. i guess it differs for everyone though... which would explain the people lined up on the streets selling their wares, ready to swindle you of Zeny. xD

As for Guild Wars... Got it, it's beautiful... But it gets dull, especially if you don't constantly have a party with you. And many people only party with you to fulfill their own quests rather than work together with you for a long period of time.

LOL! It seems like you got lucky. True, it does differ from server to server.

The idea for Guild Wars was great but NCsoft didn't pull it very well. Yes, Guild Wars was a beautiful game. I love the artwork.

LOL! It seems like you got lucky. True, it does differ from server to server.

The idea for Guild Wars was great but NCsoft didn't pull it very well. Yes, Guild Wars was a beautiful game. I love the artwork.
It ticks me off that enemies several levels above you in Guild Wars don't give ample exp, either... I remember beating the River Drake, a level Five creature with lotsa health at level 1 or 2 and I barely got any Exp at all, let alone a good item. The game forces you to do quests, and follow a set story. When I play an MMORPG, I approach it more like an RP, hoping to play a defined character with their own agenda.

It ticks me off that enemies several levels above you in Guild Wars don't give ample exp, either... I remember beating the River Drake, a level Five creature with lotsa health at level 1 or 2 and I barely got any Exp at all, let alone a good item.

Is the level cap still 20? I'm sure if the level cap is 20 they want you to take time leveling or some bullshit. I'm sure it must be a pain to kill enemies a few levels higher than your character.

The game forces you to do quests, and follow a set story.
Thats boring, it seems that Guild Wars doesn't have very much freedom. I never played it though.

When I play an MMORPG, I approach it more like an RP, hoping to play a defined character with their own agenda.
Well WoW has RP servers but it's not free. :/

You should play Oblivion. Not an MMORPG but the world is yours. 'Choose your own path' game. If you choose to kill that one NPC they are gone forever.

Is the level cap still 20? I'm sure if the level cap is 20 they want you to take time leveling or some bullshit. I'm sure it must be a pain to kill enemies a few levels higher than your character.

Thats boring, it seems that Guild Wars doesn't have very much freedom. I never played it though.

Well WoW has RP servers but it's not free. :/

You should play Oblivion. Not an MMORPG but the world is yours. 'Choose your own path' game. If you choose to kill that one NPC they are gone forever.
xDDD Oblivion... One of my Favorite singleplayer games... bought it the day after it came out (just in time before the rating changed) and beat the main storyline 5 times since. Saving up for the expansions, myself. Thankfully, my computer is powerful enough to play it on the very high detail settings.

xDDD Oblivion... One of my Favorite singleplayer games... bought it the day after it came out (just in time before the rating changed) and beat the main storyline 5 times since.

Haha! I'm half way through the main quest. I failed at being a 'good' character . Fuck it, I joined the Dark Brotherhood. I had to join the Thieves guild to pay off my debt.

Saving up for the expansions, myself. Thankfully, my computer is powerful enough to play it on the very high detail settings.

Hell I even turn off the grass graphics and I have two ATI 1950.

Haha! I'm half way through the main quest. I failed at being a 'good' character . Fuck it, I joined the Dark Brotherhood. I had to join the Thieves guild to pay off my debt.

Hell I even turn off the grass graphics and I have two ATI 1950.
I turn off grass as well... Makes the game run smoother. As for 'Good' Characters... I rarely ever play one. Even doing Main Quest missions, my characters take ample time off to meet their own ends. Dark Brotherhood is my favorite. I know those people were evil, but that was closer to a fake family than any of the other guilds in the game. And I felt like killing Lucien when he told me to... Y'know...

The single player mode in Guild Wars leaves a lot to be desired.

The real fun comes the guilds themselves, Guild Vs. Guild battles, and Guild Vs Guild tournaments are what make it all worthwhile. I had to make the decision to either make my own guild, then make it the best, or join a pre-existing guild, and show up the leader. I decided to do the latter. It's more my style.

I like Heroia, it's quite a great free mmorpg. It can get a little repetitive after a while but I got really addicted to it! My friend introduced me to it and since then we gathered a few more people up as well. You can choose up to three characters and pick a certain class for them like an elf or dark knight I think. Then you have to level that character up to 400, it takes a while the first time around but once you do, you can reset your character back to 1 and start again. The more resets you get, the stronger your character gets! You can also go to another server and kill other people there, that's not always a good thing though.

It's great and the graphics are very nice too!

Back