FF Music Black Mages

There's a new one coming out? Win, I declare :elmo:

I can't wait to see what they do with Assault of the Silver Dragons, that song kicks ass as it is.

Nice... I'll definately be picking this up. I bought both of their other ones on impulse and loved them. The "Maybe I'm a Lion" rendition of Griever's Theme from FFVIII is my favortie track.

I've listened to many songs by The Black Mages. My favourites include Otherworld, Vamo Alla Flamenco, Hunter's Chance, and Matoya's Cave. They're all brilliant! Nobuo has some true talent. :)

Edit: Whoops, sorry SS. >_< Didn't see your message.

Their "winning the rainbow" was great, but I cant remember what album that came off of? Or was that the original they did?
Winning the Rainbow from the second album is an original piece made for a Japanese wrestler's entrance music I do believe.

I just got Black Mages III: Darkness and Starlight. Its not bad but still need a proper listen to it before passing judgment.

Whoa...did i see the words "clash on the big bridge" i love that song...i've just fired up my slow ass limewire

My favourite is the Skies Above and Blue Rainbow thingy...although i suspect its soon gonna be Clash on the big bridge:P

I was very impressed by the black mages outtake to the final fantasy music and in all honesty a part of me wants to make a game with all there songs in it

i like their FF8 remakes like Maybe I'm a Lion, Man With the Machine Gun and Force Your Way, but i hate their remake of otherworld XP it was bad. i haven't heard any of the others though

Word.

Otherworld arrangement by the black mages was shit. When I listened to it ages ago on limewire, I had one of those moments where you're just like 'WTF IS THIS SHIT? :gasp:.

I've only heard One Winged Angel from them... I don't know where to find anything else...

google.:neomon:

CACTUAR LOL said:
The opening bombing mission remake is pretty poor infact.

id just stick with the Crisis Core version then. It was awesome. :neomon:

Though, as earlier stated, some probably year/nearly two years back, Maybe I'm a Lion arrangement was pretty badass, and I quite enjoyed it. I haven't listened to much by the black mages, as a lot of the original music they've arranged doesn't really interest me.

Well, it was the fact that Nobou Uematsu was part of the band that lured me into listening to all their performances on YouTube...
My, i thought they kinda revived some of the old Final Fantasy classics...

Good to see some people on here like the Black Mages. Personally, I love them! And would love to see them live! Their performances on youtube are mogtastic!

Hmmm... What tracks would you guys love them to do next? In Black Mages album 4?

Personally I would like:
Terra's Theme from FF6 (personal favourite of mine. Woudl be interestign to see this in TBM style, perhaps as a vocal song).

Dark Messenger (Kuja's final battle music)

Ex-Death (the main Ex-Death theme rather than Neo-ExDeath which has already been done).

There realy is alot more, but I can't think right now!

dude if i could find their albums i would have all of them and actually take the time to get a stereo system or mp3 player. THE BLACK MAGES ARE AWESOME. if they ever do a world tour, and they come to AZ, i'm not missing that concert for my life.

Good to see some people on here like the Black Mages. Personally, I love them! And would love to see them live! Their performances on youtube are mogtastic!

Hmmm... What tracks would you guys love them to do next? In Black Mages album 4?

Personally I would like:
Terra's Theme from FF6 (personal favourite of mine. Woudl be interestign to see this in TBM style, perhaps as a vocal song).

Dark Messenger (Kuja's final battle music)

Ex-Death (the main Ex-Death theme rather than Neo-ExDeath which has already been done).

There realy is alot more, but I can't think right now!
Epic.

Aswell tho I'd like to see Birth of a God (Bizarro Sephiroth's music). There's a band called Poweglove who have done Birth of a God on their album (or E.P., can't remember exactly) and it sounds AWESOME! Black Mages should do a version too!

I'd also like to see them attempt the song that plays during the fight with Atma Weapon on FF6... Feirce Battle I think it is called. I think that could be easily translated into a TBM mix.

Birth of a God would be great too. In fact, theres lots I'd love them to do. They're buzzing at the moment after completing their third album, and are realy excited and wantign to get another one done. So hopefully there won't be much of a wait for the next album!

If so I hope the next album will be better than the last. Though boasting a few impressive tunes, BMIII:TDaS was abit dissapointing on the whole compared to their previous two albums.

Back