Cloud Vs Sephy

Ironman

Tony Stark
Veteran
Gil
i have always wondered that the only reason Cloud beats Sephiroth is because he is the good guy, Sephiroth is so much Stronger than cloud and he has mastered materia when Cloud was still a soldier so why is it that every time cloud and sephy fight, cloud wins?
whats every ones thoughts?

yeah i can c what u mean but if u noticed, zak couldnt beat sephiroth and cloud could. zak was a SOLDIER and way more powerful than cloud. Hmmmmmm cant really remember i havnt played it in a while but I think cloud was given jenova cells or somethin which made him a sephiroth clone. Dunno ... it was somthin 2 do with what Hojo did anyway

i have always wondered that the only reason Cloud beats Sephiroth is because he is the good guy, Sephiroth is so much Stronger than cloud and he has mastered materia when Cloud was still a soldier so why is it that every time cloud and sephy fight, cloud wins?
whats every ones thoughts?

It's because Sephiroth jobs to Cloud. Every time Sephy comes a'knockin, Cloud's jobber aura is activated and therefore resulting in Sephiroth's defeat.

A pretty good theory on how Cloud beat Sephiroth in FFVII is this;
Sephiroth was largely distracted during the final battle. He had to concentrate on fighting two parties of six characters, so he was also outnumbered. He also had to concentrate on both summoning Meteor, and stopping Holy from destroying Meteor.
And in Advent Children, he would have won, if it were not for Omnislash v5.

That is left to be argued in the case of the final battle from FFVII. The one-on-one battle between Cloud and Sephiroth at the end, is actually a battle of the mind, and of will power between them. Technically, Sephiroth had already been defeated, but because of his immense will power, he was able to imprint himself onto the Lifestream, so to speak. This lead to the birth of Kadaj, Yazoo and Loz.

I always wondered if Sephiroth had any limit breaks. It would be cool to see them.

it would be cool to see them but wud be a pain in the rear end to fight against them.
i think though that they should re bring out FFVII with the function such as the Third Age of the Lord of The Rings - To fight as the evil side to gain more better equipment
would be fun then fighting the last fight with the enemy :D

Cloud got injected with Jenova Cells and was submerged into Mako but he failed the test for soldier because he was a mess... i think, its been a while since I played it. And yeah it would be cool to see Sephiroths limit breaks but technicially he does as he takes the same character slot as Vincent, so he has Vincents Limit breaks.

If you think of it kind of like sports, it's not that strange that Cloud has beaten someone stronger than himself. The better team does not always win. At the Nibelheim reactor, Cloud only "won" because he threw Sephiroth into the lifestream. At the end of the game, some people think that it's just a mental defeat of Sephiroth with the one on one, just symbolizing that Sephiroth doesn't have control over Cloud anymore, and that the party defeated him in his two other physical forms. As for the movie, Omnislash of course, and a little bit of adrenaline. >.o

I allwas know that cloud was going to beat sephy because he was all was a good guy and he just did not like sephy at all that way he beat sephy.

Well I've always though that the only reason why Cloud keeps defeating Sephiroth again and again it's because....
He is the HERO and the hero is always destined to beat the villain.

Sephiroth is Cloud's nemesis, and Cloud will always defeat Sephiroth as long as Square-Enix says so....

Well I've always though that the only reason why Cloud keeps defeating Sephiroth again and again it's because....
He is the HERO and the hero is always destined to beat the villain.

Sephiroth is Cloud's nemesis, and Cloud will always defeat Sephiroth as long as Square-Enix says so....
I'm so sick of that stereotype of the good guy always winning. Isn't it odd, that there is never a villain that actually doesn't have a worthy nemesis, and they're never actually as powerful and fearsome as they're made out to be.

It probably is because Cloud is the good guy.

It's kinda like those stories where some rookie comes into a tournament or something like that, and kicks everyones butt. Except Cloud isn't cocky, he's just smart.

I wanna see a FF game where the bad guys win. The bad guys are always cooler in the FF games.

VII - Sephiroth
VIII - Seifer
IX - Kuja
X - Sin/Jecht
XII - The Judges

Well...

Basically, Every time they fight, Cloud wins because of the fact that, like in all games and movies, Good triumphs over Evil, This, I believe is to educate kids into being able to differentiate right form wrong. But in my opinion Cloud would lose hands down every time...seeing as how Sephiroth is amazing and all.
Plus the fact that most of the time, Cloud has a team of people fighting.

I wanna see a FF game where the bad guys win. The bad guys are always cooler in the FF games.

VII - Sephiroth
VIII - Seifer
IX - Kuja
X - Sin/Jecht
XII - The Judges

Erm. Jech wasn't the bad guy in FF-X. As soon Lord Braska defeated Sin, Jech had no other choice than to become the new Sin and thus he became the new puppet of Yu-Yevon's twisted joke.

Seymour and Yu-Yevon, now those are two sick bastards that were the villains of FF-X.

Just a little of topic but aye, had to say it :monster:

Back on topic....
If it weren't for the "Good-Bad" theme.....Sephiroth would pawn Cloud quite easily :dry:

Cloud is a remenant of sephiroth.
He has jenove cells in him.
That's how he got so strong and beat Sephiroth in the Nibleheim reactor.

Back