Deathbringer Sword

Seifer

Ex-Soldier
Gil
Hey,

i was just wondering a few things about the death bringer, so here goes.

a) did many of you guys get it after raithwalls tomb.
b) is it worth it.

and c) i attempted but couldnt kite uthuro to the next screen, i would always die from those stupid toads.
So what im getting at is, i played on to roughly around Mt Bur Omiscace. Should i bother going back and getting it.

And would equping thieves gloves help at all in actually stealin the deathbriger not some other crap item.

Don't you mean Demonsbane? As you don't get the Deathbringer in the Tomb of Raithwall.

SInce you're at the stage of Mt. Bur-Omisace, the Demonsbane will become available at merchants near there once you're done with that area. But there's also a stronger sword in which u can collect once u get a nice chain from certain enemies in the nearby dungeon. It's called the Ice Brand.

Btw, that thief's gloves accessory only applies to stealing from enemies, not treasure boxes.

Yeah, the Demonsbane is the ToR sword. And yes, it is worth it, esspesially when the percentage of it being there isn't that low.

I think he's really talking about the Deathbringer sword, which is about 30 - 45 points higher than regular attacks. What level are you, anyway? If you're around level 27, then great! So is it worth it? Of course. Also, it has an On Hit: KO. What more can you ask for? :D I remember getting this sword. Sweet stuff, so I recommend that you take your time, go back and get it.

Yes, the Thieves Cuffs will help up speed the process of stealing. If you want, cast Haste on your party members to speed up the process of triggering the Steal command.

EDIT: Forgot your other question. You cannot get this sword if you haven't passed Raithwall's Tomb first.

There's one in feywood as well
I didn't really bother with it cause i wanted to make the game a little harder and i couldn't be bothered to get one anyway

No i do mean the deathbringer sword,

Once completing the tomb of king raithwall if you do the flowering cactoid hunt, you are eliglable for a sidequest which gives you the barheim key. In the barheim passage is a rare spawn named ithuno. who you can steal the deathbringer from.

Although it is a hard and long process sometimes.

My chars are like lvl 26 - 29.

go get the deathbringer stealing that bug-like fiend. it's really worth it believe me.

I forget where Ithuno spawns in the Barheim passage but if it is anywhere in the new area (old area being where you go on your way out the first time, new area being anything that you didnt have access to the first time around) then the odds of you at level 26-29 making it through there, stealing it from the mob (and stealing the right thing) and running out before dying arent very high. Deathbringer is a great sword to use but its not worth spending that kind of time just so you can have it at an earlier stage in the game.

Yes, I think it's good for you to get it... It can help you alot cause it's a great sword to have!

I got my Deathbringer from the Feywood around the area where Gate Gigas is. =/. It was in a chest. lol. I accidently came across it.

I did not get the deathbringer and I went ahead and exited the Raithwall Tomb. I am just now in Rabanastre...can i go back and get the sword. I know exactly where it is...but can I still get it.

i did the cactois hunt and did all that

i did the cactois hunt and got that flower and did the sidequest for dantro except i never went north and i gave her the vile and the sea clams iunno if i can get tha best sword in the game now do i have to restart...i am currently trying to beat wraithwall 1 but i can't do that either so iunno what too do....my chars are 27 and the rest 20 so who knows can someone help me pleaseeeeee!!!

Do it! Deathbringer is easily the strongest weapon you can have at this stage, and easily attainable -- you only have to steal it from Ithuno, not be strong enough to kill it, or the toads for that matter.

Hey,

i was just wondering a few things about the death bringer, so here goes.

a) did many of you guys get it after raithwalls tomb.
b) is it worth it.

and c) i attempted but couldnt kite uthuro to the next screen, i would always die from those stupid toads.
So what im getting at is, i played on to roughly around Mt Bur Omiscace. Should i bother going back and getting it.

And would equping thieves gloves help at all in actually stealin the deathbriger not some other crap item.

A & B) Yes it is worth it to get it this early. It is a great weapon and I used it up until I got defenders.

C) What level are you? I suggest leveling more OR equipping the main gauche or a measure (not sure if one is even obtainable at ur point in the game) along with a shield.

As for the thief's cuffs. Deathbringer is obtainable without them beause the steal is 100%, but you will get MANY failed steals without the cuffs. Plus you'll want the thiefs cuffs eventually so I suggest getting at least one set first.

I did get the deathbringer sword after the raithwall tomb. Its a pretty good sword and i got it around lvl 31 or 32 because i took time to lvl up before going into the tomb. I used it for a while and sometimes I would get instant kills on enemies which was nice. However when you start to get farther into the game and the enemies get harder it becomes rather useless. Most enemies later in the game are immune to death anyway and there are a lot better one handed swords out there to equip.

There is no Deathbringer in Raithwell's Tomb btw, the sword in there is the Demonsbane.

Deathbringer is found in the Barheim Passage by stealing from the RG foe.

It's called Ithuno and it is a bi*ch. I hated getting that. And the Cleric's Robes even further. But yeah, it was worth it.
As for the Feywood chest, I've gotten two Deathbringers from it as well as an Ensanguined Shield. I've never really gotten the point of the latter.

Back