Multiple Platforms Devil May Cry 3

RoseDincht

Banned
Gil
You know you love it.

So who here has played Devil May Cry 3? Personally, even though I loved the first game, I think this one was probably the best game (so far, DMC4 hasn't come out yet) in the series.

I think that the characters in this game were a lot more interesting (except for Lady, though. She was as unoriginal, cliche, and irritating as they come). I give the game kudos for making a clown-like character that I actually liked (I get freaked out by clowns), and of course Vergil was delicious. I also liked seeing Dante when he was younger. I think this game made him a lot more of a fun character.

Even the bosses were cool. Nevan in all her succubus glory = <3. Too bad she was only in DMC3 for a little bit. She was a hell of a lot cooler then Lady (I'm a Dante/Nevan fan for sure).

So yeah, what did you guys think?

i played it this summer and finished it within 2 days.
it was so awesome playing as Dante.

Played it, completed it, even got hold of a copy of Special Edition just so I could play as Virgil and Nelo Angelo :D

I love that seires, but I think the second one is abit wank at best. cant wait for DMC4 on the PS3, what I've seen I like ALOT!

Did you know the first Devil May Cry game was originaly going to be Resident Evil 4, but they changed it to DMC really early in the development and held back what would eventually become RE4 for afew more years apparently!

bought the special edition a while ago, loved every second of it. There is something satisfying about killing demons and making it look stylish at the same time ^_^

I love the way Virgil fight, but ofc Dante is the best :D
One of my favorite parts in the game is the entry cut scene, where Dante gets his little "invitation"

Completed all 3 games and even got the special edition just to play as vergil love the game the first one is still a hell alot better cause it has my favourite sword
Sparda

Just finished DMC3 special edition a couple of days ago. It's so awesome!!! Did anyone here kill more than 100 demons during the end credits? The video you get for it is wierd but cool. I've heard you don't play as Dante in DMC4, whats the deal with that? anyway that's enough from me. :)

Just finished DMC3 special edition a couple of days ago. It's so awesome!!! Did anyone here kill more than 100 demons during the end credits? The video you get for it is wierd but cool. I've heard you don't play as Dante in DMC4, whats the deal with that? anyway that's enough from me. :)
Its a piece of piss to kill 100 demons, I always get far more than needed. Yeah the scene is kinda weird but it hints on how Virgil ends up
under Mundas' control and becoming Nelo Angelo

Yeah you don't play as Dante in DMC4, he's 'turned bad'. But seeing as this is the sequal to DMC1 but the prequel to DMC2 I'm sure things will turn out ok in the end :p I've seen videos of some gameplay and by God doesnt it look tasty! xD

I love this game so much! Jester cracked me up all the time! *Does the "Jester's gonna spank your butt" dance* Ahem, anyway...

I loved the first one alot. HATED the second DMC though, I mean, WHAT were Capcom thinking?! But I guessed they made up for their mistake with the third one. It was fun playing younger Dante and Nevan just kicked ass! I liked Lady though but not as much as I like Trish.

My sister has the SE version which I borrowed for a while. It was fun playing as Vergil and the extras were pretty good however I thought that Verg's story could have done with a few more cutscenes involving HIS side of the story.

ANYWAY, good game! X3

I killed over 100 demons,lol.

And about DMC4 someone told me that Dante is the bad guy this time.But it's not sure yet.
That may be the reason that you don't play with Dante.

I've played the demo, not the actual game. I don't know if I wanna buy it. I'm not really into action games, but I do hear a lot of good reviews about this game. Heh, maybe I'll watch my brother play it sometime. I can never hold a controller for very long when it deals with action-horror games. I get too freaked out.

has anyone tried doing a dante must die scratch game yet?
I tried and i couldnt beat agni and rudra lol

DMC 3 is 1 of the hardest games ever made. i just finnished the special edition on normal about a week ago. it was the first dmc ive tried and has made me consider buying DMC 1&2. i was on the credits and only got 99 kills i was so annoyed.
im gonna try hard mode soon but ive heard its insane , even harder than GOW god mode and challenge of the gods.

Yes, Dante is the 'baddie' this time. However this game is set before DMC2, so it could be just a conflict of intrestes between the two characters.

Although essentially identical, I much prefer SE solely for the reason you can... yeah, play as Vergil.
Playing as a boss has always been a love of mine, as they represent a form of raw power. Vergil being no exception; the guy's a beast! Although he's unbelievably enhanced whilst playable, his boss-form remains much to be desired after being able to actually woop ass with his fine Yamato. Never-the-less, it's an experienced I longed for, and had. I can't say I ultimately dislike the decision to make him much more versatile. Although it would've made the game more challenging in his mode.

Game in general? Superb. I even prefer it over DMC1... >.> However the difference isn't much, since both games excel in different areas (sort of).

Mitsuki said:
I've played the demo, not the actual game.

Omfg, you must play them aaaaaaaaaaaaaaall.

Back