Did anyone ever...

I beat hundreds of Malboros, my levels weren't pretty high but with Squall (Alone) i equiped him with Status Def-J "100X Pain" and some more status defense (Except Berserk) And Auto-Haste. My strength was pretty high, since i had Squall having many STR boosts and Always equiped with STR+1 ability.

While my others members were Sleep/Confuse etc... I had Squall being pretty fast and single handling alone the Malboro. They always died when i had 2/3 Seconds left of Doom. I don't find them too hard, you just need the right protections and high STR.

*With each attack i took above 9000HP

... actually manage to kill a Malboro on one of the Islands Closest?
I was just thinking about it... and I really don't think I ever have.

like ive alredy said, im almost finished a no junction file...and have killed hundreds of the things

quistis' blue magic, degenerator

selphies slot, rapture

and selphies slot, the end

ive never tries it with mighty guard, (i dont know whether that stops status :/) and ive never been bothered enough to find a behemoth around esthar, after the lunar cry

(6m9 posts for the 2nd time)

Yeah i have beaten them before there bad breath was annoying but doomtrain just took away that defence so they were easy

Nuh I never managed to beat one, I accidentally stumbled into one and got completely raped and I couldn't be screwed actually trying to figure out a way to beat them so I just did my best to avoid them.

Yep, though it was a bit hard if they got the preemptive attack and hit me with his nasty Bad Breath.. hate that thing, status magic sux it should be forbidden :P

MY FIRST EXPERIENCE WITH A MALBORO WAS MY FIRST EVER EXPERIENCE WIT A MALBORO AND I THOUGHT "THE HELL IS THIS LOOKED IN MY WALKTHROUGH FOR ITS STATS AND TOOK A DEEP BREATH.....THEN I FOUND OUT IT HAS PRETTY INTERESTING THINGS TO STEAL/WIN LIKE THE POWERFUL CURSE SPIKES AND IT DROPPED 10 @ A TIME MAN AND WITH 149000 HP YOU HAD BETTER BE REALLY GOOD...FORTUNATLY I AM AND HAVE NEVER FELL VICTIM TO A MALBORO EVER SINCE.....EXCEPT THOSE BASTARD ONES ON GAIA'S CLIFF IN FF7 TURN ME INTO DAMN FROG

Yes. They're not so bad if you're junctioned correctly. Give Squall St. Def x 4 and junction Pain, Confuse, Berserk, and Holy onto it. Voila.

Squall was 40ish, but Quistis was stuck at 20ish. So I brought her life really low, gave her initiative and set out for some pwnage with degenarator.. :X

Otherwise, I either equip ribbon on Squall, or just be insane and use mad rush. XD

I've only ever beaten a couple of Malborors and even then I was at level 99 with initiative on Quistis who was also on low hp, so she could use Degenerator.

Sometimes I would fail and the Malboro would kill me straight away (curse you bad breath!). This usually happened when I hadn't saved for a while. >_<

Well I only beaten one Malboro I think I was level 55 I hate the Bad Breath attack of his.I beated the Malboro because........ well I don't know just luck I guess

it is very easy with the Ribbon ability.
Also if you equip "First Strike" ability and unleash Renzokuken you'll kill him before he use "Bad Breath"

I wasn't aware ther WAS a ribbon ability o_O

I find Quistis's Degenerato and Initiative to be more effective, either that or hoping for Odin, that's the only way Ive ever done it xD

I think once, I managed to get the first hit in, mugged it for its tentacles and escaped...not sure if I escaped with my life mind, I expect I didnt

Marlboros are always a bastard, but if you have first strike you can wipe him out no problem with aura.
Also im pretty sure there isnt a ribbon ability in FFVIII, is it learnt from a gf? Because i dont think ive ever come across it.

I put status defence to Esuna and Holy at 100 each, this raised my protection to most status effects by loads, it was just like a normal battle for me. :)
It doesn't really take that long to get enough Tentacles for Save The Queen and Doomtrain.

My strategy 4 pwning Malboros is leaving the healer with 4xST Def and Item ability and lots of esunas! Then when the slimy bastard throws up over me the StDef ( Berserk, Confuse, Sleep, Poison) start 2 kick in and the healer just drinks a remedy and removes ST off every1 with esuna...
:eek:uttahere:

That's a good way too I think but what if he keeps casting it because that's happened to me before. :)

You can kill them at any level you're at, it's just that it may take longer if you're higher level since the enemies level up with you.

When I was walking around collecting high powered magic for my inventory on those Islands, I ran into quite a few. The battles however didn't take long at all since my characters were low 40's. My stats were souped up and so I just hacked away and defeated them in about a minute.

@ Master Vivi

Yeah but he takes ages 2 recast 4 some reason...
I usually kill 'em off before that!
Saves me the trouble of looking 4 Holy...

You can kill them at any level you're at, it's just that it may take longer if you're higher level since the enemies level up with you.

When I was walking around collecting high powered magic for my inventory on those Islands, I ran into quite a few. The battles however didn't take long at all since my characters were low 40's. My stats were souped up and so I just hacked away and defeated them in about a minute.

On the islands closest to heaven/hell, the monsters are level 100 no matter what your guys are - probably one of the few if not only monsters you have to have some kind of effective strategy for because you will just get your arse handed to you otherwise

Back