Favorite FF VII tracks

Fav tracks

My favorite of the game is the mellow sound of cosmo canyon. But for action i agree that One Winged Angel, that sounds=badass.

My favourite by far is You can hear the crie sof the planet but I also like the battle themes, loads as well Birth of a God and Those Chosen By The Planet. Its all a good soundtrack though :)

One Winged Angel,Fight at Forgotten City,Highway Chase,Aerith's theme,Let the battles begin(when tifa and loz fight in the church) They are my fav cause all of them apart from Aerith's theme (like neko said) 'gets you all pumped up' :D

Aerith's Theme - It was the first song i learned to play on guitar :P
Prelude
One Winged Angel
AHH i almost forgot CIDS THEME - its very "epic" sounding

My favorites would have to be One Winged Angel, Cosmo Canyon's theme, and the City of the Ancients theme song. It seemed like after the 1st time I heard them they just stuck in my head and stayed with me.

Haha, tbh, I just listen to the music... like what am I gun do look it up on the internet? hmmm, the only one that I know the name of and was apart of the soundtrack for VII was One winged Angel and i'm just sayin' that :monster: had a nice "ring" to it if you will ;) as far as the taste in my music I enjoyed listening on it. liked that muchos<33 XD.

i must say that Holding My Thoughts in My Heart really gives you a feeling that you are living the moment, but my fav. is probably Reunion...dont know why though, i just love it.

has to be the backing music for the MOG game... that and tifas theme... oh and aeris theme... and one winged angel... and the turks theme... and... oh hold on thats it

I like Those Who Fight Further (that's the title of the regular Battle theme, right? xP), One-Winged Angel, the Jenova battle theme, and Aerith's Theme. I also like that The Great Warrior song, it plays during my favourite part of the game/story. >.>

Oh, and that song that plays when Sephiroth turns traitor, guess it is called Those Chosen by the Planet. Final Fantasy VII had a really great soundtrack, so many really good tunes in that game, lots of cool battle themes, which I know Final Fantasy games for (FFVIII definitely has lots of sweet music to battle to as well, so yeah). :D

Anxious Heart, Underneath the Rotting Pizza, Jenova, The Nightmare Begins.

Please keep in mind this is a post-count section. Reasons why you like these songs would be nice.

Birth of a God
- While the fight with Bizarro Sephiroth was underwhelming, I love the music that plays during the battle. It's got a catchy tune that makes the battle somewhat exciting plus it has a few elements of "Those Chosen by the Planet" mixed in.

Shinra Company- For some reason, this song just strikes me as the perfect "evil corporation" type music. It has that sinister feel about it.

Those Who Fight Further- I loved boss fights in this game specifically because of this song. I love the hard rock feel of it. Sometimes I would just leave it on the exp screen and let the music play for a few minutes after defeating the boss. xD

Cid's Theme- Epic, epic theme. Definitely one of my favorite FF character themes. I love every minute of it. It definitely has this heroic sound and quality to it.

Currently the gold saucer is the theme I just keep coming back to. Mainly because of the kind of world it paints around the context of the scene that plays out during it- I mean, Bareet is having a bit of an inner struggle at that point what with his being blamed and remembering his friend an' all, not to mention having such a 'happy' mechanical nightmare in the centre of the desert. If any song should be used for a good juxtiposistion, that would be it- it's almost like a sort of sickly high.

Mine is Sephiroth's battle theme. And his one-winged angel theme. I swear I have it on mmy mp3. Its awesome 8F

*Threads Merged*

Also keep in mind that this is a post-count section. Let's try and keep the one-liners to a minimum. Thanks. :)

My favourites either The Turks' Theme, or Cait Sith's theme.
I enjoyed 'Wutai' as well. They're all nice and upbeat.
I prefer the happier ones, but VII overall is a nice soundtrack.
The only track I really don't like is 'Mako Reactor'. That track gives me the chills and I turn it off when it plays... I just can't stand it.

I have to say that Nobuo Uematsu outdid himself with the soundtrack in its entirety here. I like almost all the music in this game with the exception of Mako Reactor, Lurking in the Darkness (it sounds like a distorted version of the Pink Panther theme), and Parochial Town. My favorites, however, would have to be One-Winged Angel, Aeris' Theme, Cid's Theme, Main Theme, Holding Thoughts to the Heart, Interrupted by Fireworks, the Lifestream, Cosmo Canyon, Tifa's Theme, and Sending a Dream Into Space.

I'm going to stick to my top three so as not to babble on forever...

3. Dear to the Heart
Oddly, when I played through the game the first time I really didn't like this song. I thought it was too "sappy-sounding" and it grated on my ears. But listening to the soundtrack, I really like it. It always reminds me of walking over that long bridge to Corel during the sunset, and then I get all emotional. -_-

2. JENOVA
Pretty awesome boss music. Evokes an "outer space" theme pretty well (didn't you feel like you were watching a Gundam battle while playing?). Honestly, I was actually sad when the Jenova Birth boss was over because I liked the music so much.

1. Main Theme
Just because it's the main theme - we don't get a lot of long and complex themes like this anymore. I was so mad when Sephiroth summoned Meteor and ruined the world map music forever.

Honorable Mention: Let the Battles Begin
OK, I couldn't stick to three. This is still my favorite of the Final Fantasy random battle themes, probably right in front of Final Fantasy V.

Back