Favorite FF VII tracks

"Interrupted by Fireworks" and "Chasing the Black-Caped Man" :D The first because it's so sweet (I think it plays when
Cait Sith sacrifices himself in the temple
) and the second because it makes me think of the eerie mood that led up to the scene where
Sephiroth had impaled the giant sea serpent and everyone freaked out
. That was a great character-building scene for him, I thought. I think someone had mentioned the Wutai Ruins theme, and that's a great one too--I always get that in my head when I'm about to take on some sort of daunting yet necessary task.

For me the FFVII soundtrack is outstanding because there is not a single track I do not like. I can't even choose which is my favourite, but I'll list the ones I like best, and try to keep it short, starting with one I don't really see others talk about.
-Off The Edge Of Despair (it totally speaks for itself, and it's so heart-wrenching seeing Cloud in that tragic state while it plays! I think.)
-The Main Theme (it's so beautiful I cry when I listen to it.)
-Prelude (likewise, on occasion)
-Aerith's Theme (oh yeah likewise for this one too..)
-The Flow of Life
-The Great Warrior
-Jenova Absolute
-The Shinra Corporation (I find it very cinematic)
-Still More Fighting
-Tifa's Theme (Especially on Piano)
-Crazy Motorcycle Chase
-Holding My Thoughts In My Heart
-The Birth of a God
-Interrupted By Fireworks
-Infiltrating Shinra Tower (I really like the Shinra themes for some reason, particularly this one because It's so mellow but serious at the same time. It's like the music is sort of speaking to you)
-You Can Hear The Cry of The Planet (So eerie and mystical, I'll never get over this one)
-Anxious Hearts (Literally makes my heart feel anxious. Such a strong song)

Last edited:
Ok I don't have the soundtrack to FFVII but from playing the game I have to say that my favourite music is the Cosmo Canyon theme, it is just so catchy and I love it =]

I also love Aerith's theme, it's so sweet but sad :(

I'm partial to a few, all for various reasons. (no real order)

-Desert Prison. I think this track really encapsulates the futility of their situation. The desert is desolate, empty, and when I first played the game, I had this feeling that all hope was lost. It somehow made me feel thirsty. Plus, it reminded me strongly of Shadow's theme from FFVI, which has to be a good thing.

-Tifa's Theme. This track plays when the crew arrive from the first mission, and it makes you think "ahh, I'm home". It is a nice reprieve from the action, and helps establish Tifa's character before she has barely even spoken.

-Lost City Theme. I like it because it makes you feel like a stranger in a strange land. Up until that point, everything was Earthly, but that part of the game feels different. You feel the presence of Ancients of days gone by.

-Great Warrior. Awesome, awesome scene. Nanaki learns the truth. The music is the most powerful element to the scene too. I like how it repeats themes/elements of Nanaki's theme and the Cosmo Canyon theme.

This soundtrack had so many memorable hits. I'll list three.

Main Theme: Possibly one of the best in the series. Very relaxing, very beautiful, one of those tracks that sends chills up your spine.

Cid's Theme: Another really great theme, yet also an underrated one. It just SCREAMS that "we're on a mission". Would be suitable at a graduation or something similar.

Birth of a God: This is 10x better than One Winged Angel. It's possibly one of the most groovy and catchy themes in the entire series. I can remember listening to this theme when I was 10, fighting Bizarro Sephiroth with my horribly underleveled team, casting Ultima on the Core as my first move and getting upset after about 30 minutes of not doing any damage. Good times.

One Winged Angel - Such a great piece of music, it sounds intimidating, which reflects on Sephiroth's character traits, and you know Sephiroth is going to do something badass when that music kicks in.

Boss Battle Theme - Sets the mood perfectly for a good boss battle, and it sounds generally exciting.

Chocobo Theme - Everyone loves the Chocobo Theme! And in FFVII, it sounds really upbeat and funny, the theme reflects what Chocobo's are all about, too.

Main Theme - It sounds awesome. End of.

Gold Saucer Theme - It's so upbeat. Especially after leaving a depressing place like Corel.

Victory Theme/Dieing Monster - I had to put the two together because I remember some of the battles being so long. Every time I heard that peeesheeeeeeoooowwwwuhhhhhhh followed by the victory theme I felt accomplished. xD

Highwind Theme - It just made you feel all free.

Game Over - This gets a special mention because I hate it as much as I liked the ones I listed. It's not that it's a bad melody or anything, but I absolutely hated it because it meant I had to start over like 7 hours back into the game(I hated saving).

holding my heart, it makes me cry and gave me this best ideas for a fan fiction i wrote 4 yrs ago.

Jenova, It is awesome and got into my head when i beat Jenova and hojo together and used it as a ringtone

Hurry, Awesome tune as it is upbeat

Still more fighting, Also gave me the ideas for the fan fiction i wrote where I fight sephiroth and the silver haired men.

I'll narrow it down to 5. Nah, I lied, 7. :P

J E N O V A - I can listen to it nonstop, haha.

Underneath the Rotting Pizza - best title ever, sweetest metaphor, awesome song.

Infiltrating ShinRa - although it only felt fitting because Cloud and crew spent a lifetime in there (especially while fulfilling the mayor's little puzzle and writing all the book names down), it was expertly composed and it's just amazing.

Hurry! - When I blew up the Mako Reactor in the beginning, and the 10 minute countdown started, this song really completed the moment, I literally started freaking out and almost crapped my pants, it was priceless.

Aerith's Theme - although I sob every time I hear it, its just so beautiful. I know I'm weak, lol, and her scene at the end at disc 1 brought me to my knees.

The intro - makes me squee like the little fangirl I am.

In Search of the Man in Black - don't know how to describe it other than it's unique.

FF 7 favorite tracks

Alright here's the top ten list:

10. Village of Intolerance
This song reminds me of the greatness of all of the urban areas and landscapes in the FF 7 world. More importantly, it reminds me of various shopping areas which in turn makes me admire the materia and gameplay designs that made this game the gem that it is.

9. Steal the Tiny Bronco! / Main Theme (Tie)
Tiny Bronco was a song that complemented an unforgettable moment so well that every time I hear it I always reminisce of the fat Palmer getting hit by the van. Just terrific. As far as the Main theme goes, it's incredible how well this theme establishes the soundtrack and game moods throughout the story. As a side-note, the sheer length of this song is easily one of the longest world map songs giving the player's ears something new to marvel at every time he/ she is on the world map.

8. Cid's Theme
One word comes to mind: Preparation. The tone of this gem invokes both success and impending danger. Although it may be more apt to indicate a sense of the first, playing the game will introduce you to the latter. Not to mention this theme complements Cid's personality and character so well that I still believe it is a testament to FF character themes to this day.

7. Lifestream
Interestingly enough, this song reminds me of the opening space FMV part even more than the actual opening bombing mission theme does! Needless to say, it's incredible how well this tune ensues feelings of wonder and awe. This song makes you focus less on the plot of 7 and more on the look of the world from a space perspective. Truly remarkable.

6. Opening Bombing Mission
Words cannot do justice to the genius that is this song. From start to finish, this song flows so well with both the FMV and the tone and feel of the FF 7 theme that it is truly a gem of its time. As the screen zooms in on the polluted city of Midgar, you are given the sense that something ABSOLUTLEY BADASS is about to go down. Nuff said.

5. Flowers Blooming In the Church
I have trouble attempting to listen to Aerith's theme without first listening to this song. Seriously, this song sets up not only the initial link between cloud and Aerith in a flawless way, but also sets up a contrasting tone in conjunction with the rest of the "slum" area music songs. Listen to them both next time you get a chance. So worth it.

4. One- Winged Angel / Jenova (darn, i can never decide betweeeeeen theese 2) arg..
As stated, both of these gems deserve a separate slot here because they are truly the pinnacles of what boss battle music should be: engaging, complex, emotionally gripping, and of course, AMAZING lol. Shivers went down my spine as I heard One winged angel the first time, and did so once again when I heard it during Advent Children.

3. Tifa's Theme
Although we can all agree that Tifa kicks some serious buttocks in FF 7, it is debatable whether or not her theme reflects this. I dont think it does, but it is for the best because it digs deeper into her character and helps us understand her past with cloud and her relationship with him. A personal favorite of mine and one of my favorite FF chracter themes of ALL time, I can say (with great intensity and BIAS that this is truly one of the best songs 7 has to offer.

2. Aerith's Theme
So many different emotions run wild throughout the song that it is difficult to make a blanket statement about the overall tone of the song. Nonetheless, feelings of sadness, happiness, calmness, and even loneliness are thrown in the mix. Again, 7 does a great job of matching themes to character personalities and this is no exception. Everything that makes Aerith the character that she is...is carefully and masterfully implemented into this amazing composition.

1. Holding Sentiments in my Breast
Yes, yes , yes...How can this be #1?? HOW CAN'T IT?!!! Everytime I hear this wonderful piece, I want to pick up and play the game again. Even after completing the game twice though I can say that with 100% honesty. Besides rattling off my personal bias in favor of this song, it does a tremendously fantastic job in portraying certain parts of the game that are a part of the players' memories forever. Heading out on your way to the Gold Saucer by running up and down the abandoned railroad tracks with a breathtaking setting sun in the background is enough to make me play the game again and again.

Couple of things: 1. Even though this is not personal favorite FF soundtrack (although my above inquiries may suggest otherwise, it is one of the best soundtracks to any FF game ever made)
2. Nobuo Uematsu = genius.

There are many songs I like. I'll list a few of them

Shinra company- It's a theme that says- we are badass. It really suits the shinra company xD
Fighting- One of the best battle themes.
Still more fighting- Another badass battle theme.
Red XIII- I can't really explain why I find this song so beautiful
Cosmo canyon- It's so beautiful, whenever I was nearby the cosmo canyon I always visited the place to hear the song once. Also when I had to pause the game for something I always paused in that area.
Ahead on our way- It's such a sweet adorable song
Electric de chocobo
The gold saucer- That theme makes me happy
Cid's theme- Pure awesomeness
And of course
One winged angel

Main Theme of FFVII, sounds kinda mysterious at first and ends up more upbeat, like a happy ending.

Tifa's Theme, relaxing tune and romantic, and I think it represents Tifa's softer side and her feelings for Cloud.

Aerith's Theme, very emotional and beautiful piece which makes me cry.

Lifestream, makes me think about drifting in space or watching the stars. Perfect listening to before you go to sleep.

1.) Launching A Dream Into Space- Has a touch of truth and despair all tied together (Cid hates Shera, Cid finds out she saved his life afterall)

2.) The Great Warrior- You just realized that a 'horrible truth' turned out to be a lie afterall (Red XIII finds out his father wasnt a coward)

3.) Attack of the Weapon- Like preparing for something that's deadheading toward you (Weapon gets ready to shit-can Junon)

4.) Words Drowned By Fireworks- Digging deep into yourself, not knowing what lies ahead (Aries opens up to Cloud on their 'date' at Gold Saucer)

1) Flowers Blooming In the Church - I absolutely adore this theme 'cause it's so peaceful and calm. I also love Aerith so it's awesome! ><

2) Interrupted By Fireworks - Has a soft melody and I loved the date Cloud and Aerith went on. It was cute.

3) One Winged Angel - How much more dramatic can something sound? It actually sounds evil.

4) Dear to the Heart - It makes me kind of sad because it reminds me of home and such. It's the scene when they leave Midgar and they're standing outside of the Midgar gates.

5) Still More Fighting - I think it's one of the best boss themes out there. It gets you all pumped up and ready to battle.

6) World Map - Just the main FF VII theme like every time I hear it, it feels nostalgic. It's a very pretty theme too minus the fact when you run into monsters on the field.

7) The Nightmare's Beginning - Vincent's theme is so...old and creepy that it's perfect! Call me crazy and all, but the ShinRa manor reminds me of a castle, kind of thing like it's haunted.

So much awesome music in this game!

Love Red XIII's theme, Valley Of The Fallen Star, The Great Warrior, Aerith's Theme, both fighting themes. I also love the Turk's theme, it just sums up how they are I think. Always playing it cool and being slightly cocky about it - a bit like Reno really.

Back