Favorite Magic

Curaja, that saved my ass so many times, especially in FFXII when you try to defeating monsters that have quite a high level compared to your average party level, or when you try defeating a mass of monsters with similar levels to yourself. The whole set of cure magics is easily my most used, so it'd have to be my favourite.

FLARE This is my Fave magic on all FF games non-elemental damage with a high damage index only ultima is generally more powerful rip of 3 of these in FF8 and thats 10,000 plus damage and IMO its graphicaly superior to most spells.....underated by some treasuerd by others unbeatable to me DUDE!

Aura and Curaga are my favourites.

The way you had to be weak in FF8 to get a limit break can be annoying, as you could easily die before getting a chance to use it. So having Aura there and to be able to constantly use your limit breaks no matter what was brilliant. Curaga is a must have magic spell too, it helps a lot.

Curaga and Bubble are my favorites. Curaga saved me so many times that I can't even count them and Bubble is just a lifesaver for really hard boss fights.

Ok,
Ultima - It was waaaay to powerful, I love that sort of magic!
Bahamut ZERO - (this should count as materia is classed as MAGIC in FFVII.) It had a brilliant cutscene and dealt a fair bit of damage!

Thundaga is my favorite, it's obviously not the most powerful of spells but I find it very enchanting.

My favourite spell is the ultimate spell of light: Holy. Blasting your enemy to smithereens with great beams of light = :awesome:

My second and third favourite spells would have to be Ultima and Flare, respectively. Ultima just unleashes destruction on all of the enemies, and Flare just looks cool. :D

And in Final Fantasy VIII I like Meteor, it's fun to triple cast it. XD

Curaja, what a classic.

The spell that would save many bacons during a boss battle or some long term grinding.

Zeromus EG, can you keep up with my Curaja?

Ultima is one, i like how in each game it always varies from game to game when it comes to showing how destructive it is.

Curaja/Curaga is another because i like the sound it makes when it heals members of the party lol.

Last but not least Blizzaga, seeing a huge block of ice dropping down on your enemy is nice to see.

Here are my fav spells:

Ultima: Nice spell that dealt great damage to the enemy party. It was visually beautiful in many of the games it is in and I always tried to get it.

Haste: Being able to get more actions in battle was always good and helped make boss battles easier and faster

Curaga/Curaja: The ability to heal is a must in almost every game and Curaga and Curaja really made healing easy and helpful

Apocalypse FFVIII: It was an awesome end game spell. The fact that it can only be drawn in the final battle was a let down, but it was visually awesome and the damage was great.

I like Zidane's trances, especially Solution 9 :D They're so nice to look at, unfortunately I can never get him to pull them off when I need them so I always end up using them on one half-dead Goblin or something.

I also like all the different manifestations of Ice/Blizzaga spells, especially Ice2 and Ice3 in IV. They just look and sound really...um...cool? :nerd:

Everyone please try and make your posts as detailed as possible. Give reasons why you like a certain magic, etc. This is a post count section and one-liners may be deleted as spam. Thanks. :)

I always love how Odin rolls up, ready to teabag the whole scene. As far as general magic, though, I'd have to say Ultima and Comet. Visual treats and// deadly

Back